charging extremely slowly
19199 22 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
contact
New

Germany

Hello everyone,

today I've bought my first drone in the form of the new Mavic Mini, but the problem is, it's charging extremely slowly.
It's been charging (18W 3A quick charge brick) for many hours now but it's still only at 30%.

I will let it charge overnight but it doesn't seem right to me.

Do I return it to the retailer (Conrad, Germany) if it really turns out to be a faulty battery or how do I proceed from here?

Thanks
2019-11-15
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the supplied charger and cable?
2019-11-15
Use props
contact
New

Germany

Sadly the standard version doesn't include a charger, only a cable.
In another post on here a user described that it didn't work for him with a quick charge brick either, so I'm going to try to charge it with a regular non-quick charge brick and will update everyone in a few hours...
2019-11-15
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

contact@josip.me Posted at 11-15 10:59
Sadly the standard version doesn't include a charger, only a cable.
In another post on here a user described that it didn't work for him with a quick charge brick either, so I'm going to try to charge it with a regular non-quick charge brick and will update everyone in a few hours...

Oops I didn't know that. I can tell you that the aircraft battery would not charge using my car USB port. Charged great with the Fly More supplied charger; fast sequential lights. I can also charge using a wall outlet with built in USB ports; I don't remember the specs on that outlet. When plugged in to the wall outlet the sequential lights run slower.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you tried to use a different charger brick? We will confirm this matter with our designated department for further details. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Maybe DJi can shine some light on the specs of the charger of the Combo, so peple with the Mini only can look for something similar in specs.
2019-11-15
Use props
Evolvic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2356 ft
United Kingdom

I also have this problem.
I bought the standard version as there were no Fly More Combo versions in stock anywhere in the uk.
I was appalled to discover that there was no charger with it and what’s worse is that I can’t find the official DJI charger that they recommend anywhere.
This is a major problem DJI, I actually would prefer to have the 3 batteries and charging cradle for them but that is also unavailable.
So my only option is to slooooow charge the device after every use.....its killing the experience for me.
2019-11-15
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

charging hub charger.jpg

Its a 3 Voltage supply / charging hub...well , guess you won´t find sth. similiar.
charging hub charger.jpg
2019-11-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

any qualcomm certified quickcharge 2.0 or 3.0 should work just fine since that's basically what DJI includes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_Charge
2019-11-15
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is a pic of the wall charger included in my US Fly More combo:

2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Something must be wrong with your usb brick there is nothing magical about the AC charger just that a brick might take twice as long if it's amps are limited.
2019-11-15
Use props
fansdb994c3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10059 ft
Canada

I have two chargers, the one supplied with the Mavic Mini and an Imuto charger that outputs 2.4 Amps. The charging speed, judging by the lights, confirms that the Imuto is just a shade behind the charger supplied with the Combo. I think it's an issue with your particular charger. Good luck with your mate's charger.
2019-11-15
Use props
GarethDPhillips
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79816 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for this. Using supplied charger brick, or one of my own high power chargers, the batteries charge painfully slowly. Probably should have been USB Type C.
2019-11-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the charger that comes with any of the standard iPad models, seems to work ok...
2019-11-16
Use props
netzwerg
lvl.2
Germany

I use one of these Anker 18W USB chargers. Works well on the Mavic Mini too.

https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Powe ... hwarz/dp/B017XBDBI6
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Alan E Posted at 11-15 12:40
Here is a pic of the wall charger included in my US Fly More combo:

[view_image]

Interesting, why would they write in Spanish?
Eficencia energética
Cumple con la nom-029-ener-2017

It seems it outputs 3 different voltages.
2019-11-16
Use props
netzwerg
lvl.2
Germany

Every QC3 charger can output 3 different voltages.
2019-11-16
Use props
GabriRin
New
Italy

I have the same problem . I'm not able to charge the drone  my QC3.0 brick (Rawpower 36 W double) do not charge the drone but charged without problem the remote controller. The first 2 led are blinking since a couple of hours without charging!!! Unbeliveble I cannot use  the drone!   Any clue?
2019-11-16
Use props
contact
New

Germany

netzwerg Posted at 11-16 04:11
I use one of these Anker 18W USB chargers. Works well on the Mavic Mini too.

https://www.amazon.de/Anker-PowerPort-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Charge-Schwarz/dp/B017XBDBI6

I use the same one but somehow it's still at 86% after hours and hours of charging... something isn't right
2019-11-16
Use props
Dmascot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541293 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 11:20
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you tried to use a different charger brick? We will confirm this matter with our designated department for further details. Thank you for your support!

I have been using my apple iPad brick to charge my Mini. it seems to work fine but I just looked at the small print on the brick and it says that the output is 5.2 volt and 2.4 amps.  Will the 5.2 volts damage the Mini’s battery?
2019-11-16
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

no battery charger with the mini, dji is getting greedy.
2019-11-16
Use props
GabriRin
New
Italy

GabriRin Posted at 11-16 05:02
I have the same problem . I'm not able to charge the drone  my QC3.0 brick (Rawpower 36 W double) do not charge the drone but charged without problem the remote controller. The first 2 led are blinking since a couple of hours without charging!!! Unbeliveble I cannot use  the drone!   Any clue?

Update to the charging problem. I tried an old cell brick 5V 1,5A and charged the drone in 3 hours after that I tried a brick with output 5V 2,5 A and charged the drone in 2h and 15 minutes (both charges were on a 0%  battery).
Please DJI if you can explain what specs should have a brick for cherging the battery in the drone and also in the DHJ 3 slot charger
2019-11-17
Use props
fans5bb87d54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176509 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have perfect and cheapest solution for fast charge DJI Avata and Mini 3 Pro! Buy any 100w car charger and use original short USB C to USB C cable from pack of DJI Avata or Mini 3 Pro.
Problem solved! Now you can fast charge your drone ;)
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules