DJI Fly App Android compatibility : A comprehensive guide
95845 104 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I may be understanding this incorrectly, but the list of permissions you give when using the DJI Fly app seems excessive, especially the last on the list. Sounds like a perfect bit of spyware.
This app has access to:

• precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • access extra location provider commands

Contacts
  • read your contacts
  • find accounts on the device

Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Microphone
  • record audio

Camera
  • take pictures and videos

Device & app history
  • read sensitive log data
  • retrieve running apps

Identity
  • add or remove accounts
  • find accounts on the device

Photos/Media/Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • access USB storage filesystem

Phone
  • read phone status and identity

Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity

Storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Other

• interact across users
  • draw over other apps
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • run at startup
  • connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
  • control vibration
  • enable app debugging
  • modify system settings
  • view network connections
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • full network access
  • close other apps
  • change your audio settings
  • use accounts on the device

The device is my phone, which is wifi linked to the company computer which is backed up both to a USB hard drive and the cloud. Bank accounts too....
Maybe its just as well that the app failed to work on this Samsung 64 bit Galaxy S10+, listed on the DJI site as one that is reccommended for the app.
I'll feel happier to view the true cost of the Mini 2 to include another phone, with another log on account. .

Question.
I could do with advice. Please reccommend a phone,  max size for controller holder, preferably older model, that is known to work well with this DJI Fly app.
Luckily this S10+ does not.

2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM Posted at 11-24 17:11
thanks. tried it on a Galaxy S10+, but the program shuts instantly. have removed it again. the phone is a 64bit with all DJI says it needs. Android 11.

my s10+ is an android 11, but I just gave 1.0.2 a try, wouldn't even install it. There seem to be two versions of each available APK, and XAPK /OBB. Any ideas which you should load, or is it both. I tried APK.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Overlook Drone Posted at 1-7 09:12
I am looking for some help after looking at this page.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A TS-510.  I have the DJI Go 4 app installed and using it with my Mavic Pro (original).  I just picked up a Mini 2 and trying to install the DJI Fly app and it will not let me do it.  I would think this table should be able to handle it, but here are the specs for the tablet, let me know what y'all think.  These were pulled from the Samsung website, but I know its running Android Version 10

OS

Yes I tried loading DJI Fly - various versions and ages, onto both a Galaxy TAB A (SM-T585) ( Andriod Ver 8.1.0) and a Gal S10+ (Andriod Ver 11) with absolutely no success. Help line - forget it its limited to try turning it off and on, if you can understand the helper, and smooth e-mails - then nothing so far. Suggest trying loading program before ordering Mini 2,  taking it back or cancelling the order. Unfortunately I cant take mine back. Now I know why there are two unused ones currently on Ebay for about £400 - saying they have upgraded to a different drone ! So far a useless piece of brand new plastic scrap. If things dont look up, you'll probably see mine on Ebay soon.
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

very helpful suggestions. tried following advice, but on my phone under author page DJI Fly doesn't show up on Google Play. Do you know of an old phone model which will work with it. ?  Youd better not read the list of complaining users - or rather non users of DJI drones, which are on that Google Play Authors page. Its not just DJI Fly.....
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for the help. I will keep you posted, but having talked to the manager of one of DJIs outlets, who has invited me down next week - with the Galaxy S10+, he reckons he can get DJI Fly to download and work on it. He actually said its one of the best models in his opinion for he job. So I'll give it a go....will report back.
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_bYJAi49sHch9
New

United States

This is ridiculous. DJI should release a 32 bit version of their app. Since their remote is too small to accomodate my iPhone 13 pro max with a case, I bought a new phone just to fly my mavic mini and seems like I wasted additional 100$. DJI is selling mavic mini without the warning that only iPhones or specific android users would be able to fly this drone.
2021-11-28
Use props
JaviPeinMavic
lvl.1

Spain

I have the same problem and can no longer cancel my Mavic Mini order. Today is there any solution to be able to fly it?
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans28c02dbe Posted at 2020-1-9 13:06
I found a solution for dji fly for those who do not work on android 10. You need to download the old version of Dji Fly 1.0.2 and have it install but uninstall a new one before.  I hope it works for you too.

Here is the link below from where i downloaded it

thanks for that. I gave it a try, but failed. I've since had a reply from DJI - and an apology, with a link to another old app. version 1.4.12, which they say should work. its a password link, and when I try to dpwnload it , outlook will not permit it. Don't have another mail set up on this phone, and decided not to risk upsetting the company setup on it just for a drone. they also offered a 30€ voucher for one of their stores, but since the mini hasn't actually flown yet, I really dont know what I might need. Ah - a decent sized micro sd card perhaps - I reformatted the old 32gb one for the mini out of the parrot  . It it ever gets off the ground, I might need a bigger one. Meanwhile this could cost big. ....I decided that everyone on here inferred that there would be no such problems with Apple...So, I went out and invested in an iPhone XS Maxi, because it has a big screen. Fly just shot onto it, and opens, so I have to assume it will operate the Mini2 OK.  Too busy to try it so far. ....BUT.   I'm looking at the iPhone and wondering why we have Android - and by association Microsoft in the offices. because of the spider who ate the fly.... remember that, well how about because the MD bought a drone, he bought an IPhone, because of it being impressive, he ordered the whole company to change the office hardware from Microsoft and Android - over to Apple. Should have done it when we moved from Windows Vista to 10 a few years ago, but I think that time may fast be approaching.  Since I have no idea how many offices we have in Amtrac, let alone how many non Apple appliances, the cost of the Mini 2 is of absolutely no consequence at all. Once the debris from this morning's explosion has landed, I might get round to flying this little buzz bomb. Keep you posted . BOOOOOM. !
2021-12-1
Use props
Hextronic
lvl.1
United States

Just bought the Mavic Mini on a black friday deal a few days ago.

I can confirm the DJI Fly app(1.5.1) works on my Moto G Stylus 2021 with Android 10. Android 11 is available but my phone is working so well, I decided to stick with 10 for a while longer. I did have to use APK Installer from the Play store to install the Fly app.
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_kW2w9c2vVaRj
lvl.1

South Africa

here is a more comprehensive list  https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2021-12-11
Use props
ndmerritt
New

United States

I bought the Mini SE just over a week ago. The DJI works on my Samsung 21Ultra, but I didn't want to keep taking it in and out of its case to use with the remote, so I bought a Motorola G Pure only to later discover that DJI fly required the 64-bit OS, which seemed to anger lots of folks based on the forums. As an alternative for the expensive phones in DJI's recommended lists, I found T-Mobiles REVVL V+ 5G, which works fine, although with the size if the phone, it almost doesn't fit in the remote. The phone is $199, but T-Mobile currently has a special that with a $50 pre-paid plan paid for 2 months, they give you the phone. With a $10 sim card, the cost came out to $113 dollars. I assume it will continue to work after the pre-paid plan expires on 2 months. So, that is a cheaper option for someone who just wants a phone to use with the remote.
2021-12-17
Use props
bobmarly
New

United States

hey guys does the Samsung galaxy A11 work for the dji fly app
2021-12-27
Use props
Alexverh
New

Ukraine

Obviously, users have different needs regarding the work on different devices, which should tell us what exactly customers want to see in a tablet UI design . The main task is to foresee, or, it would be even better to conduct research and understand how users would use your tablet application, and concentrate efforts around these basic needs. More about android tablet app development
2022-2-4
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

yo vuelo mi MAVIC MINI 1 , MAVIC AIR 2, MAVIC 2 ZOOM con eun SAMSUNG S9 un celular que a la fecha ya esta algo viejo ... pero duermo en paz y vuelo tranquilo qu enada me para... ojo yo me quede con la actualizacion 1.4.8... y hasta el dia de ahora nunca he tenido una falla.

Soy de Centroamerica
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_USIchNE3vhjM
New

Spain

DJI Fly it's not in Play Store. What to do the next?
2022-2-25
Use props
Capt KO
lvl.1

United States

Just bought Galaxy A53 phone but Fly app download "can't open". Doing something wrong or not compatible? Hope I didn't waste $400
2022-4-21
Use props
6j3dycnPWzfn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for yor help, but, my Samsung galaxy s10 worked fine with the djifly app, but now it freezes with a message window asking me if i want to learn how to fly with acadamy lessons.
2022-4-21
Use props
wpage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3422 ft

United States

6j3dycnPWzfn Posted at 4-21 14:08
Thank you for yor help, but, my Samsung galaxy s10 worked fine with the djifly app, but now it freezes with a message window asking me if i want to learn how to fly with acadamy lessons.

OP Thanks for this tread...
Looking for reco on a budget tablet with a decent screen to improve over my Samsung 9+ screen.

So Please advise is possible either Amazon or Ebay choice in your opinion.
Thanks !
2022-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

wpage Posted at 9-14 08:55
OP Thanks for this tread...
Looking for reco on a budget tablet with a decent screen to improve over my Samsung 9+ screen.

Keep an eye on woot.com They have great prices on tablets. The inventory changes almost daily. And they are owned by Amazon.

https://www.woot.com/category/co ... ref=w_cnt_cdet_pc_4
2022-9-14
Use props
wpage
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 09:55
Keep an eye on woot.com They have great prices on tablets. The inventory changes almost daily. And they are owned by Amazon.

https://www.woot.com/category/computers/tablets?ref=w_cnt_cdet_pc_4

Thanks Captain. Think this may work...

Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1”, 1080p Full HD, 32 GB, latest model (2021 release), hands-free with Alexa, Black
2022-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

wpage Posted at 9-14 14:40
Thanks Captain. Think this may work...

Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1”, 1080p Full HD, 32 GB, latest model (2021 release), hands-free with Alexa, Black

I'm not sure you can side load onto a Fire tablet.
2022-9-14
Use props
wpage
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 14:52
I'm not sure you can side load onto a Fire tablet.

Thanks for that Mobilehomer...  Will need to see what will work with my Samsung S9+ linked to my  DJI Standard Phantom unit.
2022-9-15
Use props
Suzygs1000
lvl.2
Australia

Great article ... there is another parameter which is very important ... many phones like a lot of the cheaper Samsungs, have 64 bit arcitechture, but no magnetron sensor.  This is easily checked on your phone by installing and running CPU-Z, which is a free app.  It will run a complete software and hardware check of your phone, including all the sensors.  If a magnetron is not listed on the 'sensors' tab, then the phone does not have a compass, and the compass on the app will not show which way you are facing.  I believe lack of a magnetron sensor is the reason DJI do not list a lot of phones as suitable.
2022-9-30
Use props
wpage
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to users. Bought a tablet that works for $150. Samsung a8 with 64 gb and 10.5 screen. My phantom standard 3 shows nice. ..

The s9÷ worked ok but the big display on the a8 is cool. May be a work around for folks having phone problems, get a tablet to run your dji...
2023-1-15
Use props
Edo majka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60413 ft

Serbia

Dji go and dji go fly Arent compatibile with Google pixel 7 pro on android 14.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules