Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question to experienced Forum members
522 8 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reokeane
lvl.2
United States

The Osmo Mobile 3 is only my second DJI product. I raised an issue in the forum about there not being a self timer in Pano mode - since then I've been perusing the forum and there are a ton of issues being raised - expected I guess with a new launch. Some have been answered by fellow forum users with suggested workarounds but many just with a stock answer that the development team will be informed. For those of you who have been with DJI a while - what should we expect? Can we expect a decent amount of software updates to address bugs / functionality requests or is it a case of don't hold your breath? I ask because some of the features lacking on the Osmo Mobile 3 are available in, for example, the Smooth 4 and so I'm wondering do I return the 3 and stick to the 4 (different beasts I know but the missing functionality is mostly Mimo app related). Thanks in advance....
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out and sharing this concern. With regards to the Pano Timer for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. As of the moment we do not have any updates from the designated DJI department with regards to this matter. But rest assured that we have already forwarded this information to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2019-11-15
Use props
reokeane
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 11:37
Hi, thank you for reaching out and sharing this concern. With regards to the Pano Timer for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. As of the moment we do not have any updates from the designated DJI department with regards to this matter. But rest assured that we have already forwarded this information to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This question was to forum users not DJI. Thank you
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

reokeane Posted at 11-15 12:59
This question was to forum users not DJI. Thank you

Thank you for the response. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
P!TT
lvl.1
Canada

I think you got your answer however the osmo 3 is my first dji product so maybe something is only weird lately.  
Thanks for mentioning the smooth 4 I will check that out.
2019-11-15
Use props
markus_1
New

Australia

Hello,

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ . I do not have a slowmotion option in my camera options. why is this? the Osmo mobile 3 works perfectly with my note 10+ otherwise
2019-11-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In another post I suggested that some feature requests being made by forum members would never be fulfilled by DJI simply because the feature would require DJI to have access to the native camera code of each Android phone.  Some stuff works on all (or most) recent Android devices, some doesn't.  Prime example is 4K at 60fps.  My understanding is that it's a feature implemented in different ways on different phones.  Obviously on iPhones, camera features are the same across the board and how to access them has been made public by Apple.  So it's easier for the developers to implement those features for all iOS devices.

Other stuff could obviously be done.  A rule of thumb would be if it's been done on a competitor gimbal app, then it's possible, or if the feature exists in the 'Open Camera' app, then it can be done.  Time will tell... at the end of the day, DJI have to balance the cost of development vs sales to date, and whether the implementation of new features would lead to a commercial payback.  

My own two feature requests both relate to the interaction between DJI's hardware, the gimbal itself, and DJI's Mimo app.  There should be the means to adjust the horizon.  My Mobile 3 always holds the phone slightly crooked, and others have reported the same thing.  Second, it should be possible to change gimbal modes using the buttons on the gimbal in some sequence or combination.  Then the gimbal could more usefully be used with other camera apps.  Both of these features exist on other suppliers' gimbals, so in theory it should be possible.  And of course there's a number of other features suggested by other users which would certainly get my vote.  

All we can do is to voice our opinions and hope.  There's a survey running which seems to indicate DJI are wanting to know what we think.  And with the Osmo Pocket we've seen some user-requested improvements (of course DJI may have had the same ideas as us first, who can tell?)
2019-11-16
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I do think the forum has generated a culture of generic responses, then your initial query is in the wind, members are a lot more helpful than official channels.
2019-11-16
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

forgot to the original poster, I have the smooth 4 and still purchased the OM3 because I wanted the smaller form factor, it’s up to you whether you can live with it’s limitations.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules