Recording video stops after 1-2 seconds
6908 8 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

So I am trying to figure this out. I bought a Sandisk 256GB Extreme Micro V30 A2 card. There is a 1 in what looks like a U just to the left of the A2 marking.

When i try to record video just before flying, the screen shows recording has started but seconds after the RED button dissapears and recording stops. When I look on the SD card at the video file, it wont open. It is corrupted.

Is anyone else having these issues? Is this the right SD card?

2019-11-15
Use props
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to reformat the SD Card to see if that would help? You may also try a different SD card to easily isolate the problem. In addition to this, I've added the list for supported SD card when using the Mavic Air. Please refer to the list below. Thank you for your support.

Supported SD CardsmicroSD
Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Recommended microSD Cards16G
Sandisk Extreme
Kingston 16GB SDHC-I SDCAC/16GB
32G
Sandisk Extreme V30
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
Sandisk Extreme V30 Pro A1
64G
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 A1
128G
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
Sandisk Extreme Plus V30 A1
2019-11-15
Use props
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 13:04
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to reformat the SD Card to see if that would help? You may also try a different SD card to easily isolate the problem. In addition to this, I've added the list for supported SD card when using the Mavic Air. Please refer to the list below. Thank you for your support.

Supported SD CardsmicroSD

Thanks I did reformat my card several times. However, I noticed that when looking up one of the cards suggested, the images i see have a 3 inside the U. The card I have has a 1 inside the U. See my original picture above and this new one I just found online. Can you tell me did i get the correct card? Is the one I have slower? I made a circle around the area I am describing.

2019-11-15
Use props
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

Learning experience. I went to Best Buy and purchased a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB V30 U3 A2 and now the issue disappeared. Thanks DJI Tony
2019-11-16
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

For info I also had this today under slightly different circumstances. I forgot to put the sd card back in the MM before taking it out so I tried using the (unformatted) one from my phone instead. Managed to get some photos on it ok but the video wasn't happy and cut off after a few seconds. It just seems to be a bit picky about the SD card you use.
2019-11-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That looks like a counterfeit card to me (or is the photo just really compromised for some reason?). Counterfeits typically do not actually meet their rated speed and cause problems. Glad you sussed it out with the new card.
2019-11-16
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As it was said, your card doesn’t look original. But to answer your question, the fact is that it could be fast enough for taking stills, but if you start to make videos you need a faster card. In simple terms, UHS-1 Class 1 has a min write speed of 10MB/s, and Class 3 has a min write speed of 30MB/s, and increased sustained write speed.
2019-11-16
Use props
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

The seller on eBay did not argue the type of card they sold me and what I actually received. Got a full refund. Definitely think this is counterfeit too.
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules