12Next >
52091 74 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkups
New

United States

Hello,

So I just got my first real quadcopter, a DJI Mavic Mini, and took it for its first real flight today.
Upon getting home, I tried to turn it on and go for a little scoot around the living room (to show my Grandma my new toy), but to my surprise the Mini would not take off. The app tells me:
Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs Required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 40012).
I have reset my IMU, I have recalibrated the Compass. But for some reason, I am unable to recalibrate the gimbal.
On the app, the progress stops at 10%. Looking at the Mini, it appears to still be conducting a test, as in the gimbal moves around seemingly freely and looks in all directions.
The app never lets the calibration complete, and the mini itself gets quite hot at the bottom.

What should I do? It was flying great until I came home, there is no obvious damage to the aircraft.
The camera itself appears to be functional, the video looks good, and if I move the Mini around, I can see the gimbal move in all directions.
So far I have tried reformatting the microSD card, restarting the app, the quadcopter, and the remote several times. Thanks!
2019-11-15
Use props
jkups
New

United States

2019-11-15
Use props
garcia70
New
Italy

jkups Posted at 11-15 17:44
[view_image][view_image]

Hi, my name is Garcia I’m from Italy this morning I flew very well
Today I got these store notices like you .. plus I on imu have the error written .. I don't know what to do if you solve somehow let me know ... thanks ...
2019-11-16
Use props
garcia70
New
Italy

[view_image][view_image]

Hi .., just a second and my magic mini auto reset .. and now that’s all ok .. I don’t know what happened but I flew into the house no problem
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Sorry to read that, please let us know if you manage to calibrate everything correctly, I would turn everything off, take batteries out, restart phone, check for updates etc. You probably did that but just to be sure.

Im seeing more and more people reporting weird behaviour with their drones, some coming faulty from factory... starting to think about cancelling my order and wait to see.
2019-11-16
Use props
garcia70
New
Italy

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 11:06
Sorry to read that, please let us know if you manage to calibrate everything correctly, I would turn everything off, take batteries out, restart phone, check for updates etc. You probably did that but just to be sure.

Im seeing more and more people reporting weird behaviour with their drones, some coming faulty from factory... starting to think about cancelling my order and wait to see.

Hi July I repeat My mavic mini has reset itself and in the house flew perfectly I calibrated imu I just have to try it out but I think there are no problems . I'll let you know
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

garcia70 Posted at 11-16 10:16
Hi .., just a second and my magic mini auto reset .. and now that’s all ok .. I don’t know what happened but I flew into the house no problem

Hello Garcia,
I had the page loaded didn't refresh to see you comment, that's good!
Enjoy and report if it happen sagain.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_B1ydEbRWW0Bv
New
Saudi Arabia

[view_image][view_image]

Hi
I have the same issue once i opened the box.
It won't take off or calibrate !!
I talked to Dji support thay told me to send it back for replacement.
Please let me know if you have any updates.
Thank you
2019-11-20
Use props
Kit Zai
New

Malaysia

I got the same problem..can anyone tell me how to do?
2019-11-20
Use props
JiriBenes
New

Czechia

Hi same problem here. Today opened the box, make all updates and got this screen.

2019-11-22
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

JiriBenes Posted at 11-22 13:08
Hi same problem here. Today opened the box, make all updates and got this screen.

[view_image]

I had this but I returned mine to be replaced. Its basically broken. Nothing I tried to do worked.

I recommend contacting the store you bought it from or DJI.

I was admittedly fuming when I was trying to fix this.
2019-11-23
Use props
leokfouri
lvl.1
Brazil

Mine os facinho the same problems! Tried to reach amazon and they forward me to DJI... no answer yet
2019-11-23
Use props
tboniasty
lvl.1

Poland

JiriBenes Posted at 11-22 13:08

[view_image]

I've buyed my Mini on 12-02. I made 4 flys since that daym and on thursday 12-03 upgraded to 01.00.0300. Since that moment gimbal stoped to work (same errors like in Your Mini). Downgrading/refreshing firmware from DJI Assistant didn't helped.

I suggest not upgrading to 01.00.0300!
2019-12-7
Use props
MR_Jano
lvl.1
Chile

djiuser_B1ydEbRWW0Bv Posted at 11-20 04:35
Hi
I have the same issue once i opened the box.
It won't take off or calibrate !!

tengo el mismo problema si alguien me puede ayudar por favor,
2019-12-7
Use props
MR_Jano
lvl.1
Chile

pudiste solucionarlo??
2019-12-7
Use props
alejost848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210735 ft
Colombia

Same problem here. I bought two drones through Walmart in the US, one of them works flawlessly but I haven't been able to flight with the other due to the same error messages about IMU, gimbal, GPS, etc. Support suggests taking it back to where I bought it for replacement, but I'm now in Colombia so I can't do that. I tried refreshing the firmware and downgrading multiple times without any luck. Should I still be hopeful that it is indeed a software issue and could be fixed with the next update?
2019-12-9
Use props
alejost848
lvl.2
Colombia

alejost848 Posted at 12-9 08:20
Same problem here. I bought two drones through Walmart in the US, one of them works flawlessly but I haven't been able to flight with the other due to the same error messages about IMU, gimbal, GPS, etc. Support suggests taking it back to where I bought it for replacement, but I'm now in Colombia so I can't do that. I tried refreshing the firmware and downgrading multiple times without any luck. Should I still be hopeful that it is indeed a software issue and could be fixed with the next update?

I also tried calibrating the IMU, but it doesn't do anything when pressing the Start button. Gimbal calibration freezes at 10% and the Mini also gets hot pretty quickly.
2019-12-9
Use props
horrorkk
lvl.1
United States

alejost848 Posted at 12-9 08:26
I also tried calibrating the IMU, but it doesn't do anything when pressing the Start button. Gimbal calibration freezes at 10% and the Mini also gets hot pretty quickly.

I just got my mavic mini delivered to my home on the 20th Dec 2019 after waiting impatiently for weeks. When  I started up my drone I have the same issue. Tried reinstalling the current latest firmware, turn it off however nothing seems to work.

Same issues as the above screenshot along with heating problem. Have requested for a replacement and case has been created. Now I am getting paranoid if the replacement unit might also have issues.

Please do post how the issues were fixed if it was and did the replacement unit worked well if any of you people are on the same boat. I will be posting my updates as well.
2019-12-20
Use props
AzizQA
New

Qatar

I have same issue ??
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_MEng8h8Xqhiz
lvl.1
Panama

Hi guys,

I have the same situation.

Brand new Mavic Mini, firmware updated out of the box.

The error comes up, not even 1 flight.

Talked for about 2 hours with support to define I need to ship it back to get it revised. Not sure if I'm happy about it being I purchased a new item and if it's defective out of the box, I think instead of repair people who gets this problem out of the box should get a new replacement instead of a repair.

Just don't seem fair to pay new retail prices for a broken and fixed drone.
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_M9d4FDj8TomV
New

United States

We just opened ours. Same issue. IMU CALIBRATE 40012. Wont let us push start. DJI customer service is a joke.
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_UdcSMjGsfLVa
New

Portugal

Same problem here. Nor even a flight. Out of the box and unable to flight.... I'm very unsatisfied!!!
2019-12-30
Use props
Mortdicus
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I have the same problem.
After the firmware update, error 40012 and overheating problem.
I sent a mail to the support and no return from them, i'm starting to get worried.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_BzaGnJmfoWZ2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31683 ft
Latvia

Hi,

After last flight (I have it only 9 days) my DJI Mini stops working with the same problem: Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code:40012).

And also I have IMU error - I can’t calibrate it. In Windows “IMU Calibration” button “Start” is not responding, nothing happening when I push on it.

Any suggestions how to fix it?!

Thanks!

2020-1-1
Use props
Martin2006
New
Norway

I have just received a new Mavic mini, and, I am not happy.  Out of the box it says that there is a gimble error and I should return it for service!!  I am unable to conduct the initial IUM, software will not go further than first page!! (Step).  I checked on line and it seems that there are problems with this product.  I tried to update the firmware but the stupid DJI software (presumably still under development) turns off my PC WI-FI!!!!  used 3 hours on this stupid product.  It is going back for a refund!!  It is not fit for sale.
2020-1-2
Use props
fans00d8b552
New
Denmark

Hi,

I just got the Mavic Mini, updated the firmware, and I her the exact same fail as all of you ..

Gimbal error 40012 and no way to Calibrate the IMU!? The start button is there, but I can't press it...

What to do?? I have zero airtime with this... Just dead.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU
New

Switzerland

Hi everyone,
Sorry for my english
I received today my Mavic mini in Switzerland, and I had all these problems at the beginning: gimbal, imu, compass, error 40012 etc.
I read that if you contact the DJI support, they say to give your drone back for repair. I didnt want to do it so I tried to find another solution. And I find it !!
This solution is unbelievable and really missunderstanding... I read in a forum that a guy with the same problems as me did that : a few slaps on the drone and after that it will work.
I laughed when I read that, but I had nothing to lose so I turned off my drone and gave a few slaps on the top of it. Miracle happen, no more problems !!! I dont really understand what happened but it really worked !
That s maybe not the most
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_FRxBm27UJ0gp
lvl.1
Poland

Hi all! Same here in Poland. I have received the drone, took it out for some flying in the building and had just one flight outside. After the battery had drained, drone did not take off any more. After switching it on and attempting to take off I am getting following list of errors:
- IMU calibration required
- Gimbal unable to connect 40012
- GPS module error
It is not possible to calibrate gimbal, operation stops at 10% and never finishes but makes drone hot and switch off due to overheat. Calibrating IMU does not work, drone keeps laying on the ground with arms folded as on the picture but the Start button does not move the process any further. Refreshing firmware or downgrading it makes no difference, same errors appear with all 3 versions of firmware. I have sent the drone back to the seller and I am hoping for quick replacement. I will consider buying DJI care having this sad experience now...

PS. Slapping such a sensitive device like drone equipped with a gimbal does not sound like a reasonable fix to me! :-D
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU
New

Switzerland

djiuser_FRxBm27UJ0gp Posted at 1-9 10:14
Hi all! Same here in Poland. I have received the drone, took it out for some flying in the building and had just one flight outside. After the battery had drained, drone did not take off any more. After switching it on and attempting to take off I am getting following list of errors:
- IMU calibration required
- Gimbal unable to connect 40012

That was not reasonable to me too, but I did it not so hard, and I swear after doing that it worked ;)
2020-1-10
Use props
Długosz
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU Posted at 1-10 02:19
That was not reasonable to me too, but I did it not so hard, and I swear after doing that it worked ;)

If they do the same kind of fix at DJI service then I could do it myself and keep on using drone instead of waiting for replacement :-D
2020-1-10
Use props
fansabb677ec
lvl.2
Colombia

djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU Posted at 1-8 09:44
Hi everyone,
Sorry for my english
I received today my Mavic mini in Switzerland, and I had all these problems at the beginning: gimbal, imu, compass, error 40012 etc.

It worked!!! Amazing that such a simple thing would fix it. Thank you so much!

Is it still working after you did it the first time? Have you had to slap it again frequently? I'm deciding on either leave it like this or sending it to the US for a replacement.
2020-1-10
Use props
arian_srf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51358 ft
United States

Hi
some how I have your problem , I was flying in snow , Extreme fog in mountains ( first time in fog ) , as usual it said low gps be careful , high altitude ( I had 5 or 6 flies there before ) every thing was normal .
it was the first fly after the firmware update 1.0.0.4 , so as soon as it took off , It went up 7 or 8 meters the nstarted to land slowly ( I think it was due to fog ) so I tried couple of times and it slowly landed on snow ( a little snow at the bottom and sd card was wet so I dried the sd card and it said the IMU needs do be calibrated, GPS module error, Gimbal unable to connect and etc.. (codes 40012, 30050, 30047, 30049, 30007) .
so with the drone in my hand started filming ( didn't want to fly in that condintion ) . the gimbal was working  and tilting . after the 10 min gimbal was not working so I turned the drone off .
it has been 4 days .
I tried to recalibrate THE Compass calibration is not working , when I press calibrate it does nothing .
i calibrated the IMU ( but after restart the error will come back .)
the gimbal calibration will stuck on 10%
i dont know its a software problem or hardware !? cause it landed ok ! and every thing looked ok .
P.N : the gimbal is moving at drone start . its ok .
i get the gps satellites so I think its ok .
compass is a different part from gps and imu ? could it be broken ? where is it located ? is there a way to reset to factory settings ?
i tried to downgrade to 1.0.0.2 , but the problem still remains .
would appreciate any help . thanks .
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU
New

Switzerland

fansabb677ec Posted at 1-10 08:02
It worked!!! Amazing that such a simple thing would fix it. Thank you so much!

Is it still working after you did it the first time? Have you had to slap it again frequently? I'm deciding on either leave it like this or sending it to the US for a replacement.

I did it only the first time and have had no problems anymore. I have done around 20 flights and since the little slaps, never had problems !
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_ySLC7Ik4mPpe
New

Spain

djiuser_M9d4FDj8TomV Posted at 2019-12-25 12:59
We just opened ours. Same issue. IMU CALIBRATE 40012. Wont let us push start. DJI customer service is a joke.

Exactamente el mismo problema. A la espera de correo de contacto con DJI a través de amazon.
2020-1-27
Use props
Link182
New
Flight distance : 410830 ft
Indonesia

Meet the same problems as on answers #31 and #35 on current topic. Strange unexpected behavior after a successfully landing, seems like it is a DJI issue, an premature device on production and the reviews from android play market can prove it... play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v5&showAllReviews=true
2020-2-26
Use props
Vicuna73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10866 ft
Switzerland

Had the same issue wihen I received my Mavic Mini end of december. Was hoping to make some videos and photos during my stay in Madeira, but there was nothing to do with these error messages. A bit disappointed but I simply sent it back to DJI, they replaced it without any problem and I got another one that works perfectly...
2020-2-26
Use props
RogerCamp
New

United States

djiuser_1x7TpKxPfzdU Posted at 1-8 09:44
Hi everyone,
Sorry for my english

Unbelievable! It worked. As silly as it seems, I solve this problem giving it a few mild slaps on it's back. This baby likes some spank! Go figure!
2020-3-8
Use props
djiuser_Qr41uGXfcv0V
New
Russia

Mystery, Unbelievable...
But SLAP - working!
After 5 time: switch on - switch off - slap

Thanks for solution!
2020-3-12
Use props
djiuser_RByNprGns1cQ
New

Canada

OMG! The slap actually WORKED! I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm happy that it's finally working, but at the same time, it's an uneasy feeling knowing the Mavic Mini is so delicate...
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_e1teGFRMxcgh
lvl.1
Czechia

jkups Posted at 2019-11-15 17:44
[view_image][view_image]

I have the same problem.  How did you fix it? Thank you.
102607npnjpk4uprbiiuek.jpg
2020-3-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules