46775 269 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

KlooGee Posted at 11-17 05:59
Still waiting for the new one to show up.  I'll definitely provide an update with how testing goes when it gets here.

2019-11-18
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-17 10:18
Thanks Tervist!  I'm looking forward to the new one showing up so I can have fun playing like everybody else!

I showed my video shake here https://youtu.be/pvDRT8SgC00
It is common and annoying. Let us know how your replacement is doing?
2019-11-18
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Wow, the footage does look shaky.  Hopefully your replacement doesn't have this issue.  Was it easy to get a another one from Best Buy?  I know they have a restocking fee but I guess on defective units they can swap for a new one.  
2019-11-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 11-18 06:32
Wow, the footage does look shaky.  Hopefully your replacement doesn't have this issue.  Was it easy to get a another one from Best Buy?  I know they have a restocking fee but I guess on defective units they can swap for a new one.

BB didn't have a replacement to be able to give me for an extended period.  So I'm just returning it directly to BB and purchasing a new one from another vendor that could get me one sooner.
Also, for the state I live in, BB doesn't have a restocking fee, so that wasn't an issue for me either way.
2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-18 09:28
BB didn't have a replacement to be able to give me for an extended period.  So I'm just returning it directly to BB and purchasing a new one from another vendor that could get me one sooner.
Also, for the state I live in, BB doesn't have a restocking fee, so that wasn't an issue for me either way.

Dang man. I hate that for you. I don't know if they still have any, but apple did have some on their web store.
2019-11-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-18 09:37
Dang man. I hate that for you. I don't know if they still have any, but apple did have some on their web store.

Haha, I love you too man!  Lol!
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 05:39
Haha, I love you too man!  Lol!

Did you get one sourced Kloogee?
2019-11-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-19 05:43
Did you get one sourced Kloogee?

The new one is supposed to be delivered sometime before noon today!  
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 05:55
The new one is supposed to be delivered sometime before noon today!

That's awesome man. Now if I could just get DJI off their butts and ship mine out, LOL!! Hope this new one is the answer for the issues you were seeing with the other one!!
2019-11-19
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 05:55
The new one is supposed to be delivered sometime before noon today!

Hey Kloo! Can you please let us know if the new one has gimbal shake issue please?  I  am considering exchanging mine but if it is firmware problem when it is fixable with an update. Mine is no where near as bad as 50% of the time shaky but it comes up every once in a while.
2019-11-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-19 16:27
Hey Kloo! Can you please let us know if the new one has gimbal shake issue please?  I  am considering exchanging mine but if it is firmware problem when it is fixable with an update. Mine is no where near as bad as 50% of the time shaky but it comes up every once in a while.

Just got the new one delivered today.  I hope to get out and go fly it tomorrow.  I'll give an update after I have a chance to do so.
2019-11-19
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 20:36
Just got the new one delivered today.  I hope to get out and go fly it tomorrow.  I'll give an update after I have a chance to do so.

Thanks. Could you do us a favor?  Try to take off without the update first. I suspect it is a fw issue since no pre-release videos on youtube showed this problem.
2019-11-19
Use props
fansc94ac621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic Mini arrived two days ago.  I managed a couple of flights and all seemed okay, except I had an out of range message at one point.  It was only 200 ft above me.  I panicked tried the RTH button but only got the Landing now option.  So I moved my position and waited, eventually the craft responded.   
At one point it felt like the righthand joystick when pushed forward didn’t always make the drone go forward.  That only happened briefly and drone was only 30 ft above me.  I need to test that next time I fly.

The video was fine,but I haven’t worked out how to take stills.  With my previous Phantom you do video and take single photos during the same flight,just by pressing the butons either side of the two antennas.

Why does going to Aircraft mode help with connection to the drone?   Surely there needs to be a wi-fi signal.  I am in an area of very poor mobile signal, but not in a big city with lots of wi-fi about.  I am also in the UK and now waiting for the weather to improve before I fly again.
2019-11-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 06:45
Mine has been pretty good, got a very mild day for flying, no jello with 2.7k 25fps,
Jello or Rolling shutter is usually caused by wrong FPS NTSC as opposed to PAL, so try a different FPS setting, also check ghz you are using, other cause can be dampeners but looking at your video I don’t think this is the problem.
If it works ok with other FPS setting doesn’t mean you don’t have some problem.

Jello and Rolling Shutter are different things Hallmark ;)

Jello is normally introduced by vibrations (ex.: unbalanced props) and it has a HORIZONTAL effect.

Rolling Shutter is due to the way a scene is captured. To put it simple, the sensor captures different parts of the image (usually vertical slices) each time instead of a full image. That means that normally you get a VERTICAL distortion.

I guess collecting gear doesn't help much with knowledge uh... ?
I am really curious to see what BS are you going to invent now to justify your mistake... looking forward lol
2019-11-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Sorry to hear that... is it allowed to fly above people in your city? In Munich we definitely aren't allowed to do so.
I was complaining previously about the lack of 4K and OA but it seems that there are more serious problems to deal with right now. other posts are showing similar 'get aways'... bummer.
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 11-21 07:35
Jello and Rolling Shutter are different things Hallmark ;)

Jello is normally introduced by vibrations (ex.: unbalanced props) and it has a HORIZONTAL effect.

Rolling shutters can cause such effects as: Wobble. This phenomenon (also known as the jello effect) appears when the camera is vibrating, in situations such as hand-held shots at telephoto settings, or when shooting from a moving vehicle. The rolling shutter causes the image to wobble unnaturally.

Maybe go to photography school , they teach it there .
2019-11-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

fansc94ac621 Posted at 11-21 06:54
My Mavic Mini arrived two days ago.  I managed a couple of flights and all seemed okay, except I had an out of range message at one point.  It was only 200 ft above me.  I panicked tried the RTH button but only got the Landing now option.  So I moved my position and waited, eventually the craft responded.   
At one point it felt like the righthand joystick when pushed forward didn’t always make the drone go forward.  That only happened briefly and drone was only 30 ft above me.  I need to test that next time I fly.

Because the wifi is only between controller and drone.
Mobile device might cause interference by RF signals unless in airplane mode.
2019-11-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 07:56
Rolling shutters can cause such effects as: Wobble. This phenomenon (also known as the jello effect) appears when the camera is vibrating, in situations such as hand-held shots at telephoto settings, or when shooting from a moving vehicle. The rolling shutter causes the image to wobble unnaturally.

Hahahaha, I knew it, you are so predictable... lol
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 11-21 08:10
Hahahaha, I knew it, you are so predictable... lol

I’m not predictable I’m being trolled, and I’m correct in what I said .
2019-11-21
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 08:23
I’m not predictable I’m being trolled, and I’m correct in what I said .

If already you copying text from wiki, at least edit text..... Obviously with jello and Rolling Shutter you have personal experience from photo school LOL....
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Arcicorsa Posted at 11-21 08:46
If already you copying text from wiki, at least edit text..... Obviously with jello and Rolling Shutter you have personal experience from photo school LOL....[view_image]

I think you shoot yourself in the foot coming to the argument late, read all the thread before doing this, and where di I say I went to photography school ?, you just made this up, this trolling is coming from something said in another thread.
You don’t help anything but think you might throw a spanner in the works, but you got it so wrong maybe you shouldn’t stick your nose in where it doesn’t concern you
2019-11-21
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 11-15 23:58
Thanks for sharing info.

It would be great if you can keep us posted.

No airplane mode. There is a statement out there that says you must have internet connectivity before the mini will take off. That being said, I did a little experiment the other day - flew the mini without the cell phone at all.  You give up a lot of feedback, but it did seem to work.  This was just for a very short time inside the house. If there are any errors you will not see them and of course no assistance from DJI Fly app.
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I saw a youtube video a little bit ago where a guy fixed his jello issue, or whatever you'd like to call it, by simply acclimating his MM to the weather. In his case he was taking it straight out of the house and trying to fly it. The outside temp was -4 C so what he tried was to let the MM sit for 15 minutes and checked the temp of the MM with a laser temp device and made sure it was the same temp and he had no issues at that point. Now this may not be everyones issue as he did say he had a friend that didn't have the issue. So it might be something you guys can try out and it might help or it might not.
2019-11-21
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Arcicorsa Posted at 11-21 08:46
If already you copying text from wiki, at least edit text..... Obviously with jello and Rolling Shutter you have personal experience from photo school LOL....[view_image]

He was correct though, wasn't he? Seriously, who cares where he got the information from?

2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohnK48 Posted at 11-21 09:52
No airplane mode. There is a statement out there that says you must have internet connectivity before the mini will take off. That being said, I did a little experiment the other day - flew the mini without the cell phone at all.  You give up a lot of feedback, but it did seem to work.  This was just for a very short time inside the house. If there are any errors you will not see them and of course no assistance from DJI Fly app.

That’s not correct, you do not need to have cell or internet connection to fly and all warnings will show up and all full flight log will be recorded, you do however need to be connected to your dji account as you are today.

I’m not sure where you got the information but it’s incorrect. Safe flying .
2019-11-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

JohnK48 Posted at 11-21 09:52
How can that be. I fly in many places with no cell phone signal.

Gps all works ok.
2019-11-21
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

You do not need data to fly your DJI drone if set up correctly.

I've put my new Mini up once and it was fantastic... now I'm slightly worried and want to check again haha
2019-11-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

So just to be clear, the best way to use the phone is put it in airplane mode but with wifi turned ON? or OFF?
Thanks in advance!

2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-21 11:56
So just to be clear, the best way to use the phone is put it in airplane mode but with wifi turned ON? or OFF?
Thanks in advance!

You just need to go to airplane mode, it may help with interference.
2019-11-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 12:05
You just need to go to airplane mode, it may help with interference.

Thanks hallmark007
But you can still turn wifi on and off, I suposse off is better unless is necessary for something.
Also you can allow the APP to use or not data while in 4G for example, does it matter?
Sorry for so many questions.
Trying to avoid fly aways at all costs.
Thanks in advance
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-21 12:21
Thanks hallmark007
But you can still turn wifi on and off, I suposse off is better unless is necessary for something.
Also you can allow the APP to use or not data while in 4G for example, does it matter?

Yes if you want it won’t do any harm, I’m not sure of the benefit but I might try that myself .
2019-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-21 12:21
Thanks hallmark007
But you can still turn wifi on and off, I suposse off is better unless is necessary for something.

The theory with enabling airplane mode on your phone is to to add any additional interference that is so close to the RC which would be using similar wavelengths.. I've not done any testing comparing with it on or off, but many swear by it.
2019-11-21
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-19 20:41
Thanks. Could you do us a favor?  Try to take off without the update first. I suspect it is a fw issue since no pre-release videos on youtube showed this problem.

Mine would not let me fly until the firmware update was done. On the other hand the DJI Fly app can be re-installed and I really recommend it, especially if your app was installed before 11/14/2019.
2019-11-21
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 15:37
The theory with enabling airplane mode on your phone is to to add any additional interference that is so close to the RC which would be using similar wavelengths.. I've not done any testing comparing with it on or off, but many swear by it.

Not sure about yours but 4G in my country does not operate even close to 5.8GHz wifi. 2.4GHz however is at risk of being disrupted by cell signals. Our mini only works on 5.8GHz so i supposed normal mode is ok.
2019-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-21 17:14
Not sure about yours but 4G in my country does not operate even close to 5.8GHz wifi. 2.4GHz however is at risk of being disrupted by cell signals. Our mini only works on 5.8GHz so i supposed normal mode is ok.

Yeah, I've personally never worried about it.  I'm not inclined to think it would make much difference, but some swear by it.  

If I turn on airplane mode, it is more about saving battery or limiting disruptions such as phone calls, texts, and other inbound alerts.
2019-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-21 09:58
I saw a youtube video a little bit ago where a guy fixed his jello issue, or whatever you'd like to call it, by simply acclimating his MM to the weather. In his case he was taking it straight out of the house and trying to fly it. The outside temp was -4 C so what he tried was to let the MM sit for 15 minutes and checked the temp of the MM with a laser temp device and made sure it was the same temp and he had no issues at that point. Now this may not be everyones issue as he did say he had a friend that didn't have the issue. So it might be something you guys can try out and it might help or it might not.

In my case, I had the same jello issue on the first battery straight out of a warm car as well as on the third battery after the drone was outside for 2 full previous batteries and would have been acclimated to the temp.
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 17:38
In my case, I had the same jello issue on the first battery straight out of a warm car as well as on the third battery after the drone was outside for 2 full previous batteries and would have been acclimated to the temp.

I’d have to agree that it should have been acclimated by then for sure. I was hoping that the info would help. Sorry man!!
2019-11-21
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

JodyB Posted at 11-21 17:52
I’d have to agree that it should have been acclimated by then for sure. I was hoping that the info would help. Sorry man!!

i cannot rule out temperature but temperature is not the only cause i am certainly.
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-21 20:45
i cannot rule out temperature but temperature is not the only cause i am certainly.

That more than likely was the person who posted the video's issue, and I'm sure others have similar issues that temp is not the case. I was hoping it was here though. I guess we'll have to feel our way through all the issues that we are seeing. Almost makes me regret deciding on the mini from all the different issues I'm seeing. Hopefully by the time I get mine, most of the bugs will be squashed!!
2019-11-21
Use props
LTE-49
lvl.2
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 15:37

There's a Swedish gent on YTube who did a range test with his phone on regular then another on airplane mode and it seemed to make a difference.

2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules