Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Mavic Mini has problems
46755 269 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-21 20:45
i cannot rule out temperature but temperature is not the only cause i am certainly.

That more than likely was the person who posted the video's issue, and I'm sure others have similar issues that temp is not the case. I was hoping it was here though. I guess we'll have to feel our way through all the issues that we are seeing. Almost makes me regret deciding on the mini from all the different issues I'm seeing. Hopefully by the time I get mine, most of the bugs will be squashed!!
2019-11-21
Use props
LTE-49
lvl.2
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 15:37
The theory with enabling airplane mode on your phone is to to add any additional interference that is so close to the RC which would be using similar wavelengths.. I've not done any testing comparing with it on or off, but many swear by it.

There's a Swedish gent on YTube who did a range test with his phone on regular then another on airplane mode and it seemed to make a difference.

2019-11-21
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 20:36
Just got the new one delivered today.  I hope to get out and go fly it tomorrow.  I'll give an update after I have a chance to do so.

Did you test your new one? Also I heard that if you let the drone get to the same temperature as it is outside, it gets rid of the shake.
2019-11-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elias22 Posted at 11-22 01:50
Did you test your new one? Also I heard that if you let the drone get to the same temperature as it is outside, it gets rid of the shake.

Only a couple of flights so far due to weather, work, early sunset, and kids.  Looking good so far, but it also has been much warmer.  I hope to be able to provide a more extensive update in the next couple of days.
2019-11-22
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-22 05:57
Only a couple of flights so far due to weather, work, early sunset, and kids.  Looking good so far, but it also has been much warmer.  I hope to be able to provide a more extensive update in the next couple of days.

Glad to hear that! Looking forward to your updated review.
2019-11-22
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

Great! Although I'm suspicious that these kind of problems will manifest after a certain amount of flights. The shake, gimbal failure or something else.
2019-11-22
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Only a couple of flights so far due to weather, work, early sunset, and kids."
Sorry David but with a new drone out we need your full attention on reviews and reports for us to watch. No time for the kids and work!
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_QhSb65GWJstR
New

Georgia

Just received my first ever drone - mavic mini. The excitement quickly turned into frustration, since despite numerous attempts I fail to connect the aircraft with the controller. I would return immediately but the problem is I bought this drone in the USA via amazon and received in a country with no authorized resellers (Georgia the country). What can I do now. Is it possible to fix this issue remotely. Thank you
2019-11-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alan E Posted at 11-22 09:44
"Only a couple of flights so far due to weather, work, early sunset, and kids."
Sorry David but with a new drone out we need your full attention on reviews and reports for us to watch. No time for the kids and work!

My bad!  I'll try to do better moving forward!  

I actually just got back from taking the new one out for some extended flying!  I'm loving it so far.  For $399, its a heck of a drone!  Its not perfect, but it was awesome today.  Had a blast flying it around a few locations.

Now I have to find the time to get all the footage put together to share my full thoughts.
2019-11-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elias22 Posted at 11-22 06:53
Great! Although I'm suspicious that these kind of problems will manifest after a certain amount of flights. The shake, gimbal failure or something else.

Yeah, its always hard to tell what the long term prognosis will be.  However, on my first Mini that I returned, the gimbal shake was evident from the first flight and the fly away was on the second flight.  So for that unit, they thankfully showed up right away.
2019-11-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tervist Posted at 11-22 06:43
Glad to hear that! Looking forward to your updated review.

Thanks!  Just had a bunch of fun doing some extended flying with it!  I'm looking forward to getting it together!  
2019-11-22
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-22 11:27
My bad!  I'll try to do better moving forward!  

I actually just got back from taking the new one out for some extended flying!  I'm loving it so far.  For $399, its a heck of a drone!  Its not perfect, but it was awesome today.  Had a blast flying it around a few locations.

"Now I have to find the time to get all the footage put together to share my full thoughts"
Looking forward to it!
2019-11-22
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 10:01
That’s not correct, you do not need to have cell or internet connection to fly and all warnings will show up and all full flight log will be recorded, you do however need to be connected to your dji account as you are today.

I’m not sure where you got the information but it’s incorrect. Safe flying .

Hallmark007, I might be thinking about when you first turn it on and have to activate it. And it requires a firmware update before it will do anything. I have indeed done a few very short flights without even having the app connected at all.  One more cool thing, though it severely limits what you can do if you can't see through the eye of the camera.  That makes me wonder - I have a video receiver that I bought for my Flamewheel and have never used yet, but would it receive the picture - probably not since it is using WI-FI protocols. Still, can't hurt to turn it on and look.
2019-11-22
Use props
Lolik12345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256493 ft
  • >>>
Israel

hi my new Mavic mini zero distance never takeoff  after activation forced to update to new firmware 01.00.200  died after manual transmission channel change ,  replaced by dji service to new 2nd Dji Mavic mini also died because i didn't know it was because of channel change. . died after same scenario same condition zero distance never takeoff.  Tomorrow ill go back to Dji service to replace again and will never touch transmission channel.
so be careful with this changes .

see my post here https://forum.dji.com/home.php?m ... uuid=b2f9f894f50f24
2019-11-23
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 05:55
The new one is supposed to be delivered sometime before noon today!

If you have DJI Care Refresh will you be able to transfer that to your new Mini?
2019-11-23
Use props
SnarfTheCat
lvl.1
United States

Mine too...my range has been very limited even out in a State Park with no interference!  I can go about 1000ft with no problems, I start getting signal interference warnings and picture degradation then lose everything and get auto return to home by 1500ft.  Any recommendations?
2019-11-23
Use props
SnarfTheCat
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-18 09:28
BB didn't have a replacement to be able to give me for an extended period.  So I'm just returning it directly to BB and purchasing a new one from another vendor that could get me one sooner.
Also, for the state I live in, BB doesn't have a restocking fee, so that wasn't an issue for me either way.

I’m not happy with the range of my Mini so I’m thinking about returning and picking up a Pro on the Black Friday Deal!
2019-11-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 11-23 17:30
If you have DJI Care Refresh will you be able to transfer that to your new Mini?

I didn't have it, but I believe it should be fine.  I think one would just need to reach out to DJI Support to work through it.
2019-11-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SnarfTheCat Posted at 11-23 18:24
I’m not happy with the range of my Mini so I’m thinking about returning and picking up a Pro on the Black Friday Deal!

The OcuSync transmission protocol in the Pro will definitely be better than the WiFi in the Mini.  Best of luck with your new drone!  Hopefully you have many safe and fun flights ahead!
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_jaGCC63EprQq
New

Turkey

Unfortunately it s unable to pair rc and aircraft. İ fallowed every step to pair with or without mobile device, in both method aircraft and controller beeps and lights are flashing from left to right. Than both stops, aircraft constatly flashes yellow.

I contacted dji support they requested serial number of my aircraft and checked that it is not activated and told me to fallow everysteps on dji fly app. Ok! İ deleted dji fly and setup again, as they told i need to see “activate my mavic mini” but never saw it on the secreen. Permission to reach gallery, tutarials about controls and flying point, Than the main screen. Thats all!! If i try to pair again from here know what? Nothing

Yesterday i found the us devices are in fcc mode and europe devices are in ec mode which is different wifi frequencies. That make sense to why aircraft and rc doesnt see eachother, so i used fake gps on the phone, teleported my location to huston, tried to pair, no result still the same ;(

Plz HELP )
2019-11-23
Use props
steve_in_miami
lvl.1
United States

I experienced problems with it trying to fly away on numerous occasions. I was able to recover he's uncontrollable events but I brought my mini back to Best buy yesterday. Not sure what the problem is or if it's affected other units like I'm reading here but I certainly don't want to buy a drone that will do what it wants when it wants. Never had that problem before with my phantom 3 pro.
2019-11-24
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-22 11:35
Thanks!  Just had a bunch of fun doing some extended flying with it!  I'm looking forward to getting it together!

I have a mavic mini combo ordered, I am no big rush to get it, I live in one of those no fly zones, hopefully DJI will modify the fly app like they did with the app for the spark and the pro3 that I have so I can fly, either that or  make it so the litchi app will work with the mavic mini. if they don't  do one or the other, I will return the mini under the 30 day return policy.
2019-11-24
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-24 19:26
I have a mavic mini combo ordered, I am no big rush to get it, I live in one of those no fly zones, hopefully DJI will modify the fly app like they did with the app for the spark and the pro3 that I have so I can fly, either that or  make it so the litchi app will work with the mavic mini. if they don't  do one or the other, I will return the mini under the 30 day return policy.

You might want to check that again, I don't think there is a 30-day Return Policy.
2019-11-24
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-22 11:29
Yeah, its always hard to tell what the long term prognosis will be.  However, on my first Mini that I returned, the gimbal shake was evident from the first flight and the fly away was on the second flight.  So for that unit, they thankfully showed up right away.

does gimbal still shake for the new unit?
2019-11-24
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-24 22:11
You might want to check that again, I don't think there is a 30-day Return Policy.

I ordered it from adorama, I checked, they do have a 30 day return, I may have to pay the postage back.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

I ordered it from adorama, I checked, they do have a 30 day return, I may have to pay the postage back
2019-11-25
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-25 05:20
I ordered it from adorama, I checked, they do have a 30 day return, I may have to pay the postage back

That's good news, I was thinking of the DJI return policy. I hope you have a lot of fun with it, it's a pretty amazing little quad.
2019-11-25
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

paulsusnet Posted at 11-16 18:59
Thanks for posting, thought I was alone for a minute. Looks like you own other drones so would know this is not normal behaviour.

I have the same issue also. The MM was 150 feet off the group passing over a tree line. I have also notice the indicator would sometime point in the wrong direction too. I hope it's not some sort of RED BOX OF DEATH for my little mini.
2019-11-25
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 11-24 22:50
does gimbal still shake for the new unit?

Nope, so far its working out well!
2019-11-25
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It depends where you order it from.  Best Buy normally has a 14-day return window, but for November and December, they have a special return policy that extends it out to sometime in January.  Beware though, if you open the box, they may have a restocking fee unless you live in certain states (such as Ohio).
2019-11-25
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 11-25 18:19
It depends where you order it from.  Best Buy normally has a 14-day return window, but for November and December, they have a special return policy that extends it out to sometime in January.  Beware though, if you open the box, they may have a restocking fee unless you live in certain states (such as Ohio).

Yep, he bought it from Adorama which has a 30-day policy. Not bad, that.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans1b6607f2
lvl.1

United States

They may believe that I bought the mavi mini drone and I did not receive it because they are supposedly short of units, and I ask myself the question because they did not think about doing many so that this did not happen. That is why the companies are bankrupt, and I do not feel at ease what is going on at the moment and we are getting a discount for the delay one receives the unit. Whoever agrees with me can leave me a comment on this bass so that this situation does not happen anymore and take away what is happening in DJI. Thank you very much for reading it and leaving your feeling, have a good night everyone.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans1b6607f2
lvl.1

United States

They may believe that I bought the mavi mini drone and I did not receive it because they are supposedly short of units, and I ask myself the question because they did not think about doing many so that this did not happen. That is why the companies are bankrupt, and I do not feel at ease what is going on at the moment and we are getting a discount for the delay one receives the unit. Whoever agrees with me can leave me a comment on this bass so that this situation does not happen anymore and take away what is happening in DJI. Thank you very much for reading it and leaving your feeling, have a good night everyone.
2019-11-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fliptwister Posted at 11-16 07:59
KlooGee, I watched the video and I would agree that I think your particular drone has issues.

Do you think temps might be playing into this? The operating temp for the mini is above 32. It looks like you were at 17 and with it that windy I imagine with windchill it was a lot lower. What was temp with windchill? Did you have these issues early in flights?

Wind chill is only an issue for people not for inanimate objects. AFAIK.
2019-11-26
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Pipes will freeze much quicker if exposed to wind Don't ask me how I know.....
2019-11-26
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 11-25 13:06
I have the same issue also. The MM was 150 feet off the group passing over a tree line. I have also notice the indicator would sometime point in the wrong direction too. I hope it's not some sort of RED BOX OF DEATH for my little mini.

The red box of death just means the drone doen't know where you are and pointer is u/s.
Your gps is down Rth will work because the drone logged it.
2019-11-26
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 11-26 01:46
The red box of death just means the drone doen't know where you are and pointer is u/s.
Your gps is down Rth will work because the drone logged it.

Thanks for your help Bright Spark!
2019-11-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bright Spark Posted at 11-26 01:42
Pipes will freeze much quicker if exposed to wind Don't ask me how I know.....

I think that is because it removes the heat from them quicker.  It doesn't mean that they get colder in the wind, it just means they get down to their coldest temp quicker.
2019-11-26
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 11-25 13:06

For me, I was literally leaning up against my car when you were seeing the "RED BOX OF DEATH" (Lol).  So I believe the metal from my car was likely affecting my phone/remote so that it didn't know which way I was standing in relation to the drone.
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

KlooGee Posted at 11-26 08:12
For me, I was literally leaning up against my car when you were seeing the "RED BOX OF DEATH" (Lol).  So I believe the metal from my car was likely affecting my phone/remote so that it didn't know which way I was standing in relation to the drone.

Is there anywhere with a detailed explanation of how that little compass works?, the other day I was flying and it didn't make much sense, I didn't see a relational between me, the drone and it's direction.
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules