My Mavic Mini has problems
46803 269 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

"and hit 65.8mph" - this is amazing, I must say ;)
2019-11-30
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 11-25 18:17
Nope, so far its working out well!

Eh. I got my replacement for two days. No shake anymore. Still got gimbal jerk and controller beeping non-stop though.
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Guorium Posted at 11-30 23:55
Eh. I got my replacement for two days. No shake anymore. Still got gimbal jerk and controller beeping non-stop though.

Gimbal Jerk?
2019-12-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

the same thing I posted in my other post.
2019-12-1
Use props
tibim87
lvl.1

Hungary

I had the same issue also. Today I made a little test, the outside temperature was around 0-2 Celsius, the mini's battery temperature was around 25 celsius, so basically I have started flying right after I turned it on and the result was shaking video.

Next, I took the mini inside and let it sit for 15 minutes while it was activated. The Battery temperature went up to 30-32 Celsius. I went outside to the 0-2 Celsius and started flying again. The image quantity was perfect. It was not shanking at all, even after 10-12 minutes of flying. I think this problem is really because of the low temperature.
2019-12-1
Use props
bodes burgers
New

Australia

i just got mine on saturday flew it 3 times then it was 10 metres away from me and it just had a mind of its own and flew away at full force and i never found it again and my friend lived 3 streets away and he saw it fly over his house and im trying to get dji to get me a replacment
2019-12-2
Use props
bodes burgers
New

Australia

i bought a mavic mini on saturday and on my 5th flight it was about 10 metres away from me and it just had a mind of its own and it just flew away at full force and i pressed the return to home button and nothing happened and my friend saw it fly over his house and he lives 3 blocks away and i never got the drone back so im trying to get dji to get me a replacement but yeah for people that are getting the mavic mini be careful when you fly
2019-12-2
Use props
TTTT
New
Flight distance : 3520 ft

Turkey

bodes burgers Posted at 12-2 18:31
i bought a mavic mini on saturday and on my 5th flight it was about 10 metres away from me and it just had a mind of its own and it just flew away at full force and i pressed the return to home button and nothing happened and my friend saw it fly over his house and he lives 3 blocks away and i never got the drone back so im trying to get dji to get me a replacement but yeah for people that are getting the mavic mini be careful when you fly

Same problem. Unstable when flying. I have 1 video. I think the GPS problem. Because I'm watching the map, the GPS is not stable. It's constantly changing. But the mavic is stable if it flies high. This problem occurs at 0-5 meters. I flew the mavic air in the same space very stable no problem. Will Dji solve it? update?
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_wkR3Pwyvaxb6
New

Sweden

Bought mine on Saturday and it lost gps and crashed into the ground, its now scrap how do i get a refund
2019-12-3
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_wkR3Pwyvaxb6 Posted at 12-3 11:39
Bought mine on Saturday and it lost gps and crashed into the ground, its now scrap how do i get a refund

With all these crashes and flyways I'm beginning to get worried, I have one on order, haven't received it yet, but I'm not sure if I should cancel the order, I wonder how many of the ones people have bought  and are having problems.  decisions, decisions. I ordered this as a Christmas present, but if it turns out to be a $500.00 mistake. O me O my.  Is this drone a lemon?????????????

any one have any advice
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_aYmtUJamoLbi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

Mavic Mini Camera pointing straight down, suddenly jumps few degrees upwards, ruining the footage. does any one is experiencing this also?
It happen every time, 3 days in a row, at first i was thinking it was the wind, but not any more.
It is my first drone I am not sure if I should return it or DJI release a firmware after people complain?
2019-12-3
Use props
Dalmato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76650 ft
Croatia

BobB Posted at 11-16 10:22
It's a lemon but then again, that's what happens when you cancel your order and get it from someplace else. Karma

Hi,KlooGee..

Can you please explain to me how to make video from mobile? I do understand photo screenshot, but video I don't.
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

bodes burgers Posted at 12-2 17:44
i just got mine on saturday flew it 3 times then it was 10 metres away from me and it just had a mind of its own and flew away at full force and i never found it again and my friend lived 3 streets away and he saw it fly over his house and im trying to get dji to get me a replacment

Your friend lives 3 blocks away and happened to see a tiny drone fly over? Good timing from him
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Z1zguLFmn99Z
New

Malaysia

Hi , for my mavic mini after fly it will fly itself to some direction and clash wall in home without any control its movement
2019-12-7
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z1zguLFmn99Z Posted at 12-7 08:19
Hi , for my mavic mini after fly it will fly itself to some direction and clash wall in home without any control its movement

Flying indoors is a tough environment for a drone GPS based drone.  If you do try to fly inside, its best to make sure there is plenty of lighting and the that the floor has some texture to so that the downward sensors can visually see if its moving.  
2019-12-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-28 06:45
For those interested, here is a thread where I show one of my first flights with my replacement Mini.  So far it has been going much better than the first!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203108

That's good news. Sorry about your thread.

If some people flew as much as they bickered...never mind.
2019-12-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dalmato Posted at 12-5 09:09
Hi,KlooGee..

Can you please explain to me how to make video from mobile? I do understand photo screenshot, but video I don't.

Dalmato, are you talking about doing a screen recording on your phone?  Or are you talking about taking the captured footage from the drone and then importing to your phone to be able to edit it?
2019-12-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bodes burgers Posted at 12-2 18:31
i bought a mavic mini on saturday and on my 5th flight it was about 10 metres away from me and it just had a mind of its own and it just flew away at full force and i pressed the return to home button and nothing happened and my friend saw it fly over his house and he lives 3 blocks away and i never got the drone back so im trying to get dji to get me a replacement but yeah for people that are getting the mavic mini be careful when you fly

If you want assistance with trying to understand what happened, I would suggest starting a new thread (if you haven't already) here in this forum and upload the logs from your phone to the following website.  Then copy/paste the resulting URL into your thread and I'm sure you'll get several people willing to have a look at them to see if there is anything useful to be learned.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-12-8
Use props
bokehaddicted
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449 ft
Ukraine

I have a European version of the Mavic mini. It is very frustrating that I can’t fly it in the city and take pictures of the architecture from above. literally at 10-15 meters, the connection with the remote control is lost and the drone makes an emergency landing. Is this a feature of this model? If so, then I do not need him, I will return!
https://youtu.be/RV4bQ0uw-V8
2019-12-9
Use props
bokehaddicted
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449 ft
Ukraine

add log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IIA2FCIODU4SE13FZRR6
2019-12-9
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

bokehaddicted Posted at 12-9 07:52
I have a European version of the Mavic mini. It is very frustrating that I can’t fly it in the city and take pictures of the architecture from above. literally at 10-15 meters, the connection with the remote control is lost and the drone makes an emergency landing. Is this a feature of this model? If so, then I do not need him, I will return!
https://youtu.be/RV4bQ0uw-V8

To be fair, you can’t fly it in the city legally anyway
2019-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-12-9
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

fans93a2366b Posted at 12-3 19:11
With all these crashes and flyways I'm beginning to get worried, I have one on order, haven't received it yet, but I'm not sure if I should cancel the order, I wonder how many of the ones people have bought  and are having problems.  decisions, decisions. I ordered this as a Christmas present, but if it turns out to be a $500.00 mistake. O me O my.  Is this drone a lemon?????????????

any one have any advice

Didn't cancel the order, received it today, won't open the box till Christmas, hopefully I didn't get a lemon, time will tell. I have till the end  January to return it.  hopefully they will have the drone updated and I can fly it. I'm  in one of the NFZs. I've read that DJI will update by  the end of December.

It's setting under the Christmas tree, unopened, a present to my self.
  hopefully by Christmas DJI will have up dated the app.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
2019-12-9
Use props
blueeyedson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654488 ft
United States

Same thing is happening to me.  Also, sensor errors.  This is my first drone.  Did I get a dud too?
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_8qaWs0Z9ONWc
New

India

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-16 08:11
Additionally to add to my post, his mavic 2 just like your mavic mini suddenly recovered itself.. he used return to home function which is a usually a big no no when giving such issues but it pulled him out of that out of control state luckily.  

Just FYI to any new pilots, if your drone if out of control and/or malfunctioning in such a way, your shouldn’t use return to home functionality.  You shouldn’t trust your hardware while it is out of control and should instead attempt to manually fly it back or land it safely.  Using RTH functionality while it is out of control and hardware having no idea where it is facing or doing could result in your drone flying away and/or crashing to it’s death.  The mavic mini seems like it may not even be ready for prime time yet sadly.  

Team,

I lost my Mavic Mini while flying near the beach. The drone  was about 250 Meters from me on the Sandy area when I got a low battery warning. I pressed RTH and it started flying towards the sea at a very rapid pace. It was almost 800 meters away and I suddenly realized what it was doing. I cancelled RTH and started to fly it manually but alas the battery ran out and the drone landed in water

I had to email DJI support and get send all logs to them. It’s currently under investigation. Please don’t rely on Return to home. There is something clearly wrong with that feature.
2019-12-12
Use props
Gyroguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I’ve had a Mavic mini for about two weeks and finally the weather was good enough to give it a try and wow it’s an out of control little crazy thing. When trying to go forwards and gain altitude it goes down and smacks into the ground instead.   So I rose it up to about 30 feet to compensate for the dip in altitude and sure enough every time I came to a stop it would drop 5 to 10 feet.  Getting good video was a pain in the ass. It definitely needs some more software updates stability and flight control update.  In fact my Mavic mini flies three times faster backwards then it will forwards. Keeps turning after I’ve released the control sticks. I will not be flying this again until another software update comes out it’s way too sketchy and the risk of losing it is far too great or just crashing straight into the ground because it wants too..
2019-12-13
Use props
HiTec90
New

Finland

Hey!

To all people having the gimball wobbles/jello effects, check out if the front blades hit the drones front frame during strong winds/quick movements. I dont have SD card in my drone yet, so i cant confirm if thats the reason, but it certainly shakes a drone a lot. The whole right left arm of my drone was shaking like crazy in some conditions. The blades also left black marking to my drones body. I also got one "Right front motor error" during midflight because of the vibration. The drone did this right from the first flight.

I swapped the right front blades to a new ones that came in the Fly More set and now the drone is dead silent in the air when compared to the "out of the box" experience. Also no more leg vibrations. I think the blades must have been bent when they were taped together in the factory for the duration of the shipment.
2019-12-14
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Gyroguy Posted at 12-13 15:36
I’ve had a Mavic mini for about two weeks and finally the weather was good enough to give it a try and wow it’s an out of control little crazy thing. When trying to go forwards and gain altitude it goes down and smacks into the ground instead.   So I rose it up to about 30 feet to compensate for the dip in altitude and sure enough every time I came to a stop it would drop 5 to 10 feet.  Getting good video was a pain in the ass. It definitely needs some more software updates stability and flight control update.  In fact my Mavic mini flies three times faster backwards then it will forwards. Keeps turning after I’ve released the control sticks. I will not be flying this again until another software update comes out it’s way too sketchy and the risk of losing it is far too great or just crashing straight into the ground because it wants too..

Time to return this defective drone, check to see if you have the blades up side down. I'm not sure you can do that.
2019-12-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HiTec90 Posted at 12-14 01:49
Hey!

To all people having the gimball wobbles/jello effects, check out if the front blades hit the drones front frame during strong winds/quick movements. I dont have SD card in my drone yet, so i cant confirm if thats the reason, but it certainly shakes a drone a lot. The whole right left arm of my drone was shaking like crazy in some conditions. The blades also left black marking to my drones body. I also got one "Right front motor error" during midflight because of the vibration. The drone did this right from the first flight.

I didn't see any evidence of that on the drone I was having problems.  However, thanks for sharing your experience in case others may see the same issue.  Glad you were able to get it fixed and flying without problems again!
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_GdMxthnUWqPF
New
United Kingdom

I had major issues with my mini today took it for its first flight today and this is my first drone.

Home point set no problem with the propeller guard on it randomly gave over weight error for a second or two randomly had drone in cinematic mode as my first ever flight outside with it. Was at a height of 12m and started to move forward  at 29m signal issue  reconnected at 35m lost full signal of drone directly in front on me started its return to home which I though was great until it flew off in to the distance directly over me with no signal after going after it I got a brief 10 second reconnection and drone was several hundred meters away from me managed to change power mode before signal dropped again with 24% batter drone lost no where to be seen. After searching the last known area as densely packed woodlands drone lost on first flight.

Spoke to amazon who have referred me to dji as a drone that had a 2km range as in Europe should not loose full connection that close
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_GdMxthnUWqPF
New
United Kingdom

I had major issues with my mini today took it for its first flight today and this is my first drone.

Home point set no problem with the propeller guard on it randomly gave over weight error for a second or two randomly had drone in cinematic mode as my first ever flight outside with it. Was at a height of 12m and started to move forward  at 29m signal issue  reconnected at 35m lost full signal of drone directly in front on me started its return to home which I though was great until it flew off in to the distance directly over me with no signal after going after it I got a brief 10 second reconnection and drone was several hundred meters away from me managed to change power mode before signal dropped again with 24% batter drone lost no where to be seen. After searching the last known area as densely packed woodlands drone lost on first flight
2019-12-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GdMxthnUWqPF Posted at 12-15 11:05

Home point set no problem with the propeller guard on it randomly gave over weight error for a second or two randomly had drone in cinematic mode as my first ever flight outside with it. Was at a height of 12m and started to move forward  at 29m signal issue  reconnected at 35m lost full signal of drone directly in front on me started its return to home which I though was great until it flew off in to the distance directly over me with no signal after going after it I got a brief 10 second reconnection and drone was several hundred meters away from me managed to change power mode before signal dropped again with 24% batter drone lost no where to be seen. After searching the last known area as densely packed woodlands drone lost on first flight

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.  I would definitely recommend you reach out to DJI for assistance to see if they may cover it under warranty.   https://www.dji.com/support

However, if you would like the help of the community here to help understand what may have happened, you can upload your flight record from your phone to the following site and then copy/paste the resulting URL in a reply here and I'm sure you'll get several people here to have a look and see if there is any insight to be learned.  Sometimes the folks here can help to narrow your search area as well to be able to recover it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-12-15
Use props
jF4TO1u3oo2A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1282621 ft
United States

took delivery of mavic min dec 8. out of the box the gimbal would jump upwards when pointed straight down. this would happen flying forwards or back. chatted with dji. reset firmware calibrated gimbal. still the same. chat dji person said replacement would be 2-3 days. when they received it email said 5-7 day. 8 days later i get same email with different case number another 5-7 days. terrible customer service.3 phone calls with canned lines fed to me.  i have owned a phantom 4 for 3 years and has 3 repairs with no problem. now things are different.
2019-12-19
Use props
lundlianders.gmail
New
Norway

paulsusnet Posted at 11-16 00:51
[view_image]

What does this mean?

I had the same issue with my mavic, I was taking a picture and it was quite dark, the drone was maybe 40 meter away and the same symbol appared. Not good.
2019-12-24
Use props
fansbf782ebd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Italy

I just lost my mavic mini after only 2 days of use. I was executing a cineshot (circle) on a monument and halfway the signal got lost and the drone first crashed into the monument and then went straight into water. It is just so stupid. I expected mavic mini to calculate if it can do such movement and give an error. But No! And not having an obstacle avoidance is another major issue.
2019-12-26
Use props
skystone
New
Flight distance : 199928 ft
United States

Had the same problem. Went straight up this morning to capture the sunrise. It was/is a completely windless day. At ~100 FT AGL I got a "Sensor Error" and the Mavic Mini starting hauling (laterally) across my neighborhood at 45 MPH! I was so scared. Finally it stopped and I was able to fly it back home but now I' too freaked out to every fly it again. DJI support wasn't very sympathetic or helpful. Hopefully they'll be sending me a new one free of charge but I won't hold my breath.
2019-12-30
Use props
fans921051ab
New
Flight distance : 9898 ft
United States

Any have a problem with the remote not connecting with the aircraft.. and get this message
D2394FDE-0E10-4129-9EBA-F2F4DC6BB51E.png
2019-12-31
Use props
fans3beb614d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1004 ft
United States

Wow. I had my mini for all but a day and a half before going haywire. I flew it straight up, then half the motors stopped running. It started dropping full speed at an angle into a building, and then straight  back down to earth. Ridiculous. Thank God I have a warranty, but I sure am apprehensive about getting another one that will do the same thing
Screenshot_20200101-004916.jpg
Screenshot_20200101-004923.jpg
2020-1-1
Use props
fans3beb614d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1004 ft
United States

skystone Posted at 2019-12-30 12:54
Had the same problem. Went straight up this morning to capture the sunrise. It was/is a completely windless day. At ~100 FT AGL I got a "Sensor Error" and the Mavic Mini starting hauling (laterally) across my neighborhood at 45 MPH! I was so scared. Finally it stopped and I was able to fly it back home but now I' too freaked out to every fly it again. DJI support wasn't very sympathetic or helpful. Hopefully they'll be sending me a new one free of charge but I won't hold my breath.

Similar thing happened to me
2020-1-1
Use props
skystone
New
Flight distance : 199928 ft
United States

Here is my flight log if anyone wants to take a look. The erratic behavior begins at the 23.0 s mark. All lateral motion was from the drone - not control inputs. Mind you the wind that day was 3 MPH with a max wind of 5 MPH in the afternoon. No gusts or anything. Very strange!
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8VR55OZR36LV4DKHP389/
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules