A lot noise in the 4k video and HDR
3224 5 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kaceyx
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys,

I bought the Osmo action two days ago, I've done several test with the 4K video and HDR video recording. My videos were always have something wrong, it's either too sharp or a bit pixelated or blurry (Especially in 4K HRD mode). I'm not sure if the Auto settings are not my best choice and I shouldn't rely on it. But I can't get a super high quality footage with this camera.

BTW, the tests have been done indoor and outdoor. The outdoor footage was a way better than the indoor, but both ended up with some quality issues. I'm new to action cameras, but I think if that's the quality to expect from the Osmo action, all I can say, it's a way far from being professional equipment for 4K video shooting.

Thanks,

K
2019-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you show an example with the setting you have used?
2019-11-16
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Was this night footage ?
2019-11-16
Use props
Ben Lambert
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep your ISO low. I've done some Low light ISO tests if that helps.
2019-11-16
Use props
Kaceyx
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Thanks guys for replying back.

I believe it's the same issue that Ben addressed in his video and it clearly shows that the Osmo action has a bad distortion compared to the Osmo pocket in the low light environment. To be more specific, my settings were 4K/60FPS auto indoor inside my house which I think is considered as a low light place (Though my Samsung Galaxy S8 didn't show any noise while filming in 4K & Auto settings). So, to override the noise problem in my Action camera, I reduced the frames to 4K/30FPS and I set the ISO to 1600 and shutter to 1/40 - that made the video looks smoother than the 4K/60FPS settings.
2019-11-17
Use props
corrman
lvl.1
United States

Hi Kaceyx i am new here I cannot see how to post on this forum as I have a problem with Osmo Action  3 with handle noise, whe you grab the handle to start videoing or when you grab the handle while videoing
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules