Cropped image
536 3 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
komni
lvl.2
Greece

Hello guys! Is this a bug? What do you think?
When i press rec on my Osmo the video is slightly cropped unless i select something to track on the screen...
My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi note 7 Android 9 (I know it's unsupported)
I attached a link with a video that explains this symptom.

https://www.facebook.com/komni/videos/10157693738394805/

What do you think? Thanx a lot...

2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day komni. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Are you able to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-11-16
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

One of the DJI people on the Facebook group states it’s because MIMo is using EIS but why would an app for a gimbal even want to use EIS, quote below.

Paul Pan This is because we turn on EIS on your phone when you start recording. Tracking doesn't work well if EIS is on because EIS has a slight delay in the image.
2019-11-16
Use props
komni
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-16 08:29
Hello and good day komni. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Are you able to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to assist you further. Thank you.

Hi Stephen! No i don't have any other phone to test but Paul Pan answered to my question at the facebook forum:

"This is because we turn on EIS on your phone when you start recording. Tracking doesn't work well if EIS is on because EIS has a slight delay in the image"

But why this is happening only with Mimo app? I mean when i use the default camera on my phone, google camera or even the app of a gimbal from another company i don't have that cropped image.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules