Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to unlock authorization zone for Mavic Mini?
12345Next >
34973 160 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Undzzz
lvl.1
Latvia

Hello,

Could you please advise, how can I unlock authorization zone? This one as an example.

photo5944870307380703494.jpg

Here is what I see. It asks me to unlock and then says that I am nto able to fit restrictions.
photo5943001945067335793.jpg photo5943001945067335792.jpg

I have tried self unlock https://www.dji.com/lv/flysafe/self-unlock , but there is no Mavi Mini in the list. Should I try custom unlock? There is no Mavic mini as well...
2019-11-16
Use props
Undzzz
lvl.1
Latvia

Received answer from DJI: Dear DJI Users,
Your Custom Unlocking application has been rejected because of the reason below:
Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused. Kindly note that Mavic Mini doesn't support to unlock the No Fly Zone (Red zone and Blue zone) currently. We will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone.? Please pay attention to the official announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-16
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

that sucks
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend coordinating this concern directly to our designated department at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-16
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 14:52
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend coordinating this concern directly to our designated department at  for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I just finished emailing that address to hopefully speed up this process but i doubt it will speed anything up lol but i tried.
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobB Posted at 11-16 16:32
I just finished emailing that address to hopefully speed up this process but i doubt it will speed anything up lol but i tried.

Thank you for the additional information. Our designated team will do their best to provide you the best resolution that you may need. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_QIzWgrWPeE2T
New

Thailand

This is ridiculous, I bought this drone yesterday for a client project just to find out you need to update your app and it'll take a month? I don't have that kind of time... This feels like a big 'fuck you'.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_cp2JJGWRl3Vc
lvl.1
United States

Undzzz Posted at 11-16 06:11
Received answer from DJI: Dear DJI Users,
Your Custom Unlocking application has been rejected because of the reason below:
Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused. Kindly note that Mavic Mini doesn't support to unlock the No Fly Zone (Red zone and Blue zone) currently. We will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone.? Please pay attention to the official announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Me arrepiento de haber comprado este dron. No tiene sentido que pongan un producto en el mercado con tantas limitaciones y tanto por hacer todavía
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_WdbQOn4JvaEu
New

Canada

That's just ridiculous. At least advertise that we might get region block and there is nothing we can do about it. Returning mine.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_GrrlBtFnuD2l
lvl.1

Ecuador

Hola escribo desde Ecuador, se puede saber desde cuando se puede desbloquear la zona GEO en este país, ya llevo muchas semanas sin poder volar el dron y esto debido a que esta bloqueado, como pueden lanzar algo al mercado y limitar su utilidad de una forma tan barbara
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_dX7bEzhUgydr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206768 ft
Philippines

Any news about this?
2019-12-10
Use props
fans32ed6927
New

Australia

I Thought the idea was that if the drone weighed under 250 grams you could fly it anywhere?
2019-12-11
Use props
fans32ed6927
New

Australia

is there a way around this?
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_5dywoeqPPEL1
New

Australia

So DJI, a first time owner I have basically bought a $599 paper weight Until well after christmas here in australia small towns are all blue zones for some unknown reason. Why wasn’t this clearly advertised to buyers that you install software to prevent ppl flying, I bought this product so it is my right to fly it anywhere I choose and accept the problems it occurs. Just cause a road has a speed limit doesn’t make car makers put speed limiters in their cars, its the owners choice to go and break the law. I can’t even take off and fly in my house/shed. Now as a 32yr old man i have to go and log in to your fuck’d website to ask permission ever day i want to fly my drone on my acre property that i own just because your stupid fuck’d app that i am forced to use to fly this drone. I can’t even take off without connecting this drone to your app and my phone. You ask for thousands of dollars for your products but restrict hobby flyers even though we are greater then 5.5km away from Airfields
2019-12-12
Use props
AY521
lvl.1
United States

Just received my Mavic Mini 4 days ago. Today is the first chance I get to try it out and I get the message everyone else has received.  I see my house is in a Blue zone.  I guess I'm lucky because no more than 1/2 a mile away is an open zone.  I guess I'll have to pack up and find a park in that area to learn rather than my backyard.  I hope DJI understands there may be a lot of upset people come Christmas.  Hopefully they can address the real-name authorization for the DJI Fly app and the Mavic Mini.   
2019-12-13
Use props
Kalamos
lvl.1
Canada

Unbelievable!  I just bought my Mini today.  I chose it because it weighs less than 250grams and isn't even listed as a drone according the definition in my region.  I'm inside a gymnasium to test it out, but it can't differentiate between an authorization zone outside, and inside a building.  I just bought a paperweight until you guys send out the update.  This is maddening!
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Lne2DoOnRnhi
lvl.1
Indonesia

I bought DJI Mavic Mini 4 day ago,can't take off because my home is in blue area,please inform me when the update available..thanks
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_Lne2DoOnRnhi
lvl.1
Indonesia

I bought DJI Mavic Mini 4 day ago,can't take off because my home is in blue area,please inform me when the update available..thanks
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_Lne2DoOnRnhi
lvl.1
Indonesia

2019-12-16
Use props
MacGyverGIS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1019364 ft
United States

I hadn’t seen this post yet and emailed support. I got an identical email back just as other have. Essentially we won’t have the ability to unlock airspace for the Mavic Mini for maybe another a week or two.
2019-12-17
Use props
frafri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

I think we just need to wait a little. Patience
2019-12-18
Use props
CG Goddard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2104888 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fuck that... I was patient earning and saving for it.
2019-12-18
Use props
urosbe
New
Slovenia

Same with me Just received MAVIC MINI yesterday and since I live in radius about 3km air distance from airport, my home location is inside blue (authorization) zone (almost near the border with open zone). After DJI will add MAVIC MINI to the database where we can unlock it - does that mean I will have to start unlock process any time I will decide to record my child from the drone on my backyard?
2019-12-20
Use props
Jmack24
lvl.1
Canada

DJI - any updates on this?  Horrible way to treat your patrons - especially around this time of the year.  (queue mass return of mavic mini's)
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_kOA2POgl0uNA
New
Finland

Also waiting for an update. I will have to return the device if this doesn’t change soon. At least it would be important to know the exact date of fixing the problem since the initial purpose for buying the mini is at a certain time.
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_OxvwMaZmtOGw
lvl.1
Canada

I just used the online support and asked for a defined date. I was told “end of December...” I then asked again what date because we’re actually at the end of December to which I received the following answer: “... end of December or early January...” I’m really annoyed. In short. They either don’t know themselves or they’re feeding their customers bs.
2019-12-20
Use props
jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

Just so you know, if you get your FAA approval and you want to fly the Mavic mini you can legally.  you don't need DJI permission.

Yes.  You Can fly the Mavic mini anywhere using the go fly app just like normal.  I discovered a workaround.  Its very logical and simple guys.   I'm not sure if i should post how to do it on here thou.
I'd bet it would get deleted anyway.
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_SGimKBctWRLR
New
Flight distance : 136722 ft
Australia

jim02ss Posted at 12-20 17:35
Just so you know, if you get your FAA approval and you want to fly the Mavic mini you can legally.  you don't need DJI permission.

Yes.  You Can fly the Mavic mini anywhere using the go fly app just like normal.  I discovered a workaround.  Its very logical and simple guys.   I'm not sure if i should post how to do it on here thou.

Please share or happy for to send me info on Facebook?
2019-12-20
Use props
fans6e6087a2
New

Slovakia

Please can you send me info what to do if i want fly with my mavic mini in blue zone? Thx
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_6SEUqjdrUzua
lvl.1
Papua New Guinea

Our whole Town is all blue but i cant fly. DJI it’s Christmas come on! Release the new firmware!
BA0BC7DE-6EB6-4190-8891-84C23D81A19A.png
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_OxvwMaZmtOGw
lvl.1
Canada

What’s the workaround?????? :-)
2019-12-21
Use props
fans6e7bde09
New

United States

It's a pure joke that I can't fly my drone by a dead ass airport. But Griffith airport that actually has planes landing and taking off you can fly with no restrictions. Stop trying to govern the skys dji
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_bQGvfS1EqUPc
New

Canada

I cannot even fly mine even inside my house. DJI really has the software logic applied out of touch with reality. A simple message asking user to provide permission to launch at a no-fly zone is much appreciated and that is really all DJI software needs to do as a superior software response. Anything more is just big brother bull ....
2019-12-23
Use props
Part107
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya DJI is really going to screw the pooch this time and like always lol
2019-12-23
Use props
fansdc8834fa
lvl.1

United States

I've got the same problem-- my house is a few blocks inside Class D airspace and my Mavic Mini won't take off outdoors. I wanted to get aerial shots of our Christmas lights so this is what I did: I got LAANC authorization through Kittyhawk, then launched my drone INSIDE my house. As soon as I flew it out the front door I got a warning that I was in restricted airspace-- and I had about a minute and a half of flying time before the software forced a landing. I did this multiple times. Pain in the butt, but it worked and I was legal despite what DJI's broken software said.
2019-12-25
Use props
fans4e456ab6
lvl.1

United States

@DJI - Can we get an ETA on the “late December” firmware update to address this issue?
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_0rszcPJ3smcN
New
Germany

Same here. I live in a blue zone. Most frustrating Christmas present.....
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_o6gDARYs5xA0
New

United States

djiuser_5dywoeqPPEL1 Posted at 12-12 15:57
So DJI, a first time owner I have basically bought a $599 paper weight Until well after christmas here in australia small towns are all blue zones for some unknown reason. Why wasn’t this clearly advertised to buyers that you install software to prevent ppl flying, I bought this product so it is my right to fly it anywhere I choose and accept the problems it occurs. Just cause a road has a speed limit doesn’t make car makers put speed limiters in their cars, its the owners choice to go and break the law. I can’t even take off and fly in my house/shed. Now as a 32yr old man i have to go and log in to your fuck’d website to ask permission ever day i want to fly my drone on my acre property that i own just because your stupid fuck’d app that i am forced to use to fly this drone. I can’t even take off without connecting this drone to your app and my phone. You ask for thousands of dollars for your products but restrict hobby flyers even though we are greater then 5.5km away from Airfields

DJI is fucked for this. Just a warm heads up I’m working a class action against them for this.. over us not be able to fly!!!!
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_o6gDARYs5xA0
New

United States

djiuser_0rszcPJ3smcN Posted at 12-25 19:07

DJI is fucked for this. Just a warm heads up I’m working a class action against them for this.. over us not be able to fly!!!!
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_o6gDARYs5xA0
New

United States

djiuser_0rszcPJ3smcN Posted at 12-25 19:07

2019-12-25
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules