How to unlock authorization zone for Mavic Mini?
35367 160 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cindella
lvl.1
Austria

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=202184&pid=2046285

twstew says
Android users - As of now, 1.0.4 appears not to be published in the Play Store, however you can download it as an app package from DJI's website. Even though it says 1.0.3 on the post, it is in fact 1.0.4.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads?fbclid=IwAR1KCqIHlp3JOGbvTY5sW5sWJAIDAQxLZYVxHX_nkENL7p4VKOM7xI8N0F4
2020-1-1
Use props
Cindella
lvl.1
Austria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-1 05:08
Hi. I cannot find the updated DJI Fly App on the Google Play store. Still shows the old version. Can you help? Please advise. I have a Sumsung S10 and am based in UK. Thanks
once again
https://www.dji.com/at/mavic-mini/downloads?fbclid=IwAR1KCqIHlp3JOGbvTY5sW5sWJAIDAQxLZYVxHX_nkENL7p4VKOM7xI8N0F4
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

Hi. I cannot find the updated DJI Fly App on the Google Play store. Still shows the old version. Can you help? Please advise. I have a Sumsung S10 and am based in UK. Thanks
Bro, bro, bro....

Go to the link which is in my thank you post just a few posts up on this page or a page back already. You have to download the version from DJI's website, hence the link!

NB: The name of the application is still 1.0.3 but when you start downloading it from DJI's site you'll see in the download name that it says 1.0.4 somewhere in there, hence you're now downloading the needed update for GEO blue authorization zones a d such.

So go to the link, download from DJI's site and then the Android will prompt you to update the DJI FLY app when you wanna install it!

That's all, and do not forget to obviously update the lil fella's firmware which seems easier.

Sweet
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

OK guys if anyone honestly knows anything about updating the lil fella's intelligent battery firmware please do share your knowledge!

My battery is not overheating at all, but I did read a post a page back or so about that if we installed DJI FLY app version 1.0.4 and the lil fella's new firmware then we'll also get a prompt to update the drone's intelligent flight battery.

I already had 2 flights and no such update was offered to me at all.

Thanks for keeping us all updated here guys, for the latest to do with our awesome lil Minis!

Sweet
2020-1-1
Use props
AllanGg
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi. I cannot find the updated DJI Fly App on the Google Play store. Still shows the old version. Can you help? Please advise. I have a Sumsung S10 and am based in UK. Thanks

If you allow your web browser on your phone to download from "unknown sources" you can get 1.0.4 from dji's website and download 1.0.4 manually. If you go to this link you can download the apk file from dji through your phone and install the app : https://www.dji.com/no/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly  (it says that it is 1.0.3 but it is actually 1.0.4 )
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks All
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Oh Dear. Now I get the frozen white DJI screen. Any workarounds for this?
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is after downloading from above links on DJI site, 1.0.4. Infamous white DJI screen frozen.
I have S10 on Android 10.
2020-1-1
Use props
twstew
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-1 05:22
OK guys if anyone honestly knows anything about updating the lil fella's intelligent battery firmware please do share your knowledge!

My battery is not overheating at all, but I did read a post a page back or so about that if we installed DJI FLY app version 1.0.4 and the lil fella's new firmware then we'll also get a prompt to update the drone's intelligent flight battery.

It's likely that your batteries are new enough to already have the latest firmware, so it's not going to be an issue for you. Mine were running hot, I read elsewhere that one person fried theirs. But we probably had slightly older stock.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

twstew Posted at 1-1 16:33
It's likely that your batteries are new enough to already have the latest firmware, so it's not going to be an issue for you. Mine were running hot, I read elsewhere that one person fried theirs. But we probably had slightly older stock.

Maybe hey. But I wanted to get the Fly More Combo and couldn't find it anywhere. So I waited and waited, thinking that I'll wait up  until a few days before Christmas. I still could not find any of them combos, else they had the normal version everywhere!

I ended up buying the normal version, just a few days before Christmas. So in one month since DJI released this sweet baby drone, how can they have different batches!? It's supposed to be all from the same, very first batch, but I may be wrong of course.

Im happy that now I can fly all sweetly.

Just a question - are these Li-Ion batteries the same as Li-Po batteries in regards to that you should not keep them fully charged for long periods without flying! Is there such a thing as storage voltage or something?

Sweet

Anyway if anyone actually gets to update their battery firmware just let us know.

Also where can I find the battery firmware version, is it hidden in some menu or something?
2020-1-1
Use props
twstew
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-1 19:25
Maybe hey. But I wanted to get the Fly More Combo and couldn't find it anywhere. So I waited and waited, thinking that I'll wait up  until a few days before Christmas. I still could not find any of them combos, else they had the normal version everywhere!

I ended up buying the normal version, just a few days before Christmas. So in one month since DJI released this sweet baby drone, how can they have different batches!? It's supposed to be all from the same, very first batch, but I may be wrong of course.

Actually I may have been wrong about that. Battery firmware seems to be updated (or not) when aircraft firmware is updated. My drone is packed away so I can't check now, but I don't think you can see the firmware version for the battery anywhere in the app. If it needs to be updated, it will tell you.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

twstew Posted at 1-1 20:41
Actually I may have been wrong about that. Battery firmware seems to be updated (or not) when aircraft firmware is updated. My drone is packed away so I can't check now, but I don't think you can see the firmware version for the battery anywhere in the app. If it needs to be updated, it will tell you.

Thank you very much for helping me and for the information! I'm at work now, gonna fly in my lunch break here in the office! Will be awesome, I work on the 22nd floor, just can't open any windows to send it out quickly. I love my Mavic Mini so much, I can't even comprehend sometimes how wonderful this lil toy is! I call it a toy so that I can fly it anywhere and people aren't intimidated by it!

It's a lil toy and that's it, it doesn't bother anyone! I'm just worried because sometimes like 2 days can go by and I don't fly it but it's battery is fully charged! I see that I should keep the battery at 3.8v storage voltage!

Anyway, I'm planning on buying more batteries for it for sure as I only have the original one! My 128gb sd card can record almost 7 hours of video @2.7K! This is amazing really!

Sweet

PS: Very awesome little toy, the best I toy I've ever played with is the Mavic Mini!

2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cindella Posted at 1-1 05:12
once again
https://www.dji.com/at/mavic-mini/downloads?fbclid=IwAR1KCqIHlp3JOGbvTY5sW5sWJAIDAQxLZYVxHX_nkENL7p4VKOM7xI8N0F4

Have you tried it successfully with Android 10? If yes, what phone do you use?
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-1 05:14
Bro, bro, bro....

Go to the link which is in my thank you post just a few posts up on this page or a page back already. You have to download the version from DJI's website, hence the link!

Thanks. Have you tried it successfully with Android 10? If yes, what phone do you use?
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

AllanGg Posted at 1-1 08:34
If you allow your web browser on your phone to download from "unknown sources" you can get 1.0.4 from dji's website and download 1.0.4 manually. If you go to this link you can download the apk file from dji through your phone and install the app  : https://www.dji.com/no/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly  (it says that it is 1.0.3 but it is actually 1.0.4 )

Thanks. Have you tried it successfully with Android 10? If yes, what phone do you use?
2020-1-2
Use props
Cindella
lvl.1
Austria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 02:21

Hello, i have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 9 and at the beginning i had a frozen DJI Logo...

Quit application (really quit task too) and restart the application, wait and it started correct .

BR
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 02:21

Yes I have, I fly my Mavic Mini with Android 10! My phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and with Android 10 the app works absolutely perfectly for me, no problems at all!

Sweet
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 02:22
What kind of issues are you having bro? I'm extremely pleased with the application on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Android 10) - works flawlessly for me really.

Also I've tried changing my phone's screen resolution because that video exposure histogram was a bit bigger than I liked it! Turned off the smart resolution and enabled high resolution (3120 X 1440) and it worked great!

Ive now tried all the screen resolutions my phone supports, Low(1560 X 720), Medium(2340 X 1080) & High(3120 X 1440) - DJI's FLY application works with all these resolutions for me on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro!

Today after work I'm gonna fly so sweetly, it's gonna be just awesome!!!

Sweet

PS: what kind of problems or issues are you having with the application?
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-2 03:43
What kind of issues are you having bro? I'm extremely pleased with the application on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Android 10) - works flawlessly for me really.

Also I've tried changing my phone's screen resolution because that video exposure histogram was a bit bigger than I liked it! Turned off the smart resolution and enabled high resolution (3120 X 1440) and it worked great!

Hello. Since Android 10 update on Samsung S10, the Fly app freezes at the initial white screen with DJI logo. This happens also with v1.0.3 but there is a workaround that was successful for me. The v.1.0.4 gave same issue and workaround was not successful. Tried multiple times.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Have you tried to clear the Application cache and database record from your phone in settings? This will reset all app settings though!

Change your screen resolution, maybe try that also if you can or just reinstall the application.

Samsung S10 is a truly awesome and amazing phone - it amazes me that it don't work on it.

My Huawei Mate 20 Pro (with Android 10) works very nicely alway without any issues.
The last thing I can offer as a solution for now is to just use another phone, maybe an old Android phone that you can use just for the DJI FLY application.
This way allows you to use your normal phone while you fly with the older one!
I don't have an old working Android phone, else I'd probably try do that, keep one device just for DJI FLY application.

I'm a bit scared of using my Huawei Mate 20 Pro, as I really love my phone & don't want even one scratch, got it in December 2018 so it's over a year old now already but extremely nice.

I hope that you find a solution to this bro.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 04:25
Hello. Since Android 10 update on Samsung S10, the Fly app freezes at the initial white screen with DJI logo. This happens also with v1.0.3 but there is a workaround that was successful for me. The v.1.0.4 gave same issue and workaround was not successful. Tried multiple times.

Also try to enable Developer Options in Android 10 - just go to Settings --> About --> Tap/Click on the Build Number many times in repetitive succession until you unlock Developer Options (requires your normal password).

Once in Developer Options try the following:

1.) Enable Show all ANRs (this will likely tell you the exact problem when it freezes, so you know what it is)!
2.) Check the GPU Renderer (should be OpenGL)
3.) Enable Force GPU Rendering

You can have a look through what Samsung offers in the Developer Options menus as it's probably a bit different to my Huwawei.

Also was thinking about it and it comes to mind that if the App freezes it could be because it needs something like internet connection or try enable your phone's GPS first also, change screen resolutions as well if you can.

Well try those things and let us know, but the Enable show all ANRs should tell you why its frozen exactly - maybe take it from there.

Sweet
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-2 05:13
Have you tried to clear the Application cache and database record from your phone in settings? This will reset all app settings though!

Change your screen resolution, maybe try that also if you can or just reinstall the application.

Thanks. Tried all of those. No success. Only other phone i have is a S6 Edge which is not on the compatibility list.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-2 05:53
Also try to enable Developer Options in Android 10 - just go to Settings --> About --> Tap/Click on the Build Number many times in repetitive succession until you unlock Developer Options (requires your normal password).

Once in Developer Options try the following:

Thanks i wasnt able to navigate to developer options or search for anr. Also tried to install both with internet connected and not connected. Didnt work unfortunately. :-(
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 06:17
Thanks i wasnt able to navigate to developer options or search for anr. Also tried to install both with internet connected and not connected. Didnt work unfortunately. :-(

Ok. Managed to get to developer options but couldnt find anything relating to GPU rendering
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 06:30
Ok. Managed to get to developer options but couldnt find anything relating to GPU rendering

There should most definitely be an option there which says Force GPU Rendering which you should enable, hopefully that helps out a bit. If I were you I would try that non compatible phone also - just now it actually works.

Its so weird that the app doesn't work on Samsung's flagship device - I can't believe this still. I can't see or understand the reason, this is why I asked you to enable Show All ANRs (this shows the error messages from the exceptions when an app freezes) - if you enable this it could tell you the exact reason or at least guide you in the right way!

In all my previous phones the Force GPU Rendering option existed - I surely hope it exists for Samsung also. As a Software Developer I really think that the option is there - just look carefully.

Sweet

PS: let us know if any progress - but do try these 3 things:

1.) Enable "Show all ANRs"
2.) Enable "Force GPU Rendering" ->
3.) Try that older Galaxy S6 or whatever the model was, just in case.

I hope that you get sorted and fly all sweetly like I'm about to after work shortly. I was gonna fly in the office today - but my colleagues all swarmed around me to ask me 1 000 000 questions - so the flying was not enjoyable really - was just bothered and could not enjoy properly.

After work though, it will be totally amazing how sweet of a flight I'll have.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_sgxMHOSsKL2V Posted at 1-2 06:30

If it freezes (when it freezes) - if you've enabled the "Show all ANRs" - just wait for the error message to appear on the screen.

Then let us know what it says.

Note: "Show all ANRs" is actually "Show all Application Not Responding error messages", so just wait while its hung/frozen for the message to display. If it says something like "Exception: null" or something similar then it really is an Application issue and DJI will have to fix it.

You should also read up online about what could be causing your S10 to freeze like this on a loading screen of some app! Does it do it with other apps, at least one that you can remember maybe?

PS: 20 mins left here at work and I go home to fly! I'll do me a mini penthouse walk-through/fly-through in my apartment. Snap some pics and stuff, will leave the video for during the day when sun is available.

Sweet
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Wow, was just flying my Mini at home! I was wrong about that you unlock once and get a license and that's it! It turns out the license has a 24 hour validity and then you gotta authorize again!

That's all cool, no problem as the procedure is so seamless all through the DJI FLY application!

I had to switch on all the lights at home so that when the Mini lost GPS it could be dead locked in position. I also flew it's battery flat completely, well it was at 15% when I landed, it said it has 5 mins left but I don't wanna mess up my battery so I won't take it to 1% or 0%! Now I'll wait for it to cool off for about an hour and then charge it up for tomorrow again!

Yeeeeeeeeey!!!!

I love my Mavic Mini so much it's ridiculous hey, I sleep with it beside my bed even!!! So it's the first thing I see when I wake up!

The Mini is truly the most amazing lil drone ever built! Can't wait for the Mavic Mini Pro or Mavic Mini 2 or Zoom or something!

My drone is really awesome, the best King of sky!
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_LhV4cTNotVbL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2228 ft
Canada

You need an internet connection to unlock the authorisation zones. Unfortunate for those (including myself) for those who don’t have an internet access anywhere to freely fly.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_LhV4cTNotVbL Posted at 1-4 22:20
You need an internet connection to unlock the authorisation zones. Unfortunate for those (including myself) for those who don’t have an internet access anywhere to freely fly.

Yeah that sucks hey. I always always have 4G LTE internet connection! It's vital bro, for the maps also. Like if you want your map to load properly, the terrain and the streets and what not - then you need internet connection!

Also so that you can upload your flight information to DJI immediately so they know exactly what you're doing.

The best you can do is to look for a free wifi spot within the authorization area. So you can unlock where free wifi and then move to spot within same zone of course. I recommend you just get some 3G or 4G or just some data for your mobile internet just for this.

Sweet
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_hqEMgSrFuofP
lvl.1
Germany

Are you kidding us DJI? Firmware update solved the geo unlocking problem for a few days and now it doesn't work again. Tried to start the drone, unlocked the zone via pop-up window, unlock successful. Tried to start up the motors... Unlocking procedure pops up again....successful again...same procedure again...... The drone won't start, tells me its in a authorisation zone and I have to unlock it. I do, it succeeds based on the pop up window and then: nothing. Just the same warning again.

Seriously - what are you guys doing? Firmware and App were updated and working just fine the last days. Multiple restarts of drone, controller, phone did not solve the issue. Is this server related on your site? Internet connection was established all the time and worked with other apps, browser, etc.

Still not able to fly the mini. Had the opportunity for a few days, it was nice, but now it is again a piece of worthless plastic without any functionality.

2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

djiuser_hqEMgSrFuofP Posted at 1-11 23:26
Are you kidding us DJI? Firmware update solved the geo unlocking problem for a few days and now it doesn't work again. Tried to start the drone, unlocked the zone via pop-up window, unlock successful. Tried to start up the motors... Unlocking procedure pops up again....successful again...same procedure again...... The drone won't start, tells me its in a authorisation zone and I have to unlock it. I do, it succeeds based on the pop up window and then: nothing. Just the same warning again.

Seriously - what are you guys doing? Firmware and App were updated and working just fine the last days. Multiple restarts of drone, controller, phone did not solve the issue. Is this server related on your site? Internet connection was established all the time and worked with other apps, browser, etc.

Bro, the same happened to me. But it only happened once a few days ago! I did not even restart the drone nor the TX nor the phone, just tried again and second time around it worked perfectly!

Now after that it hasn't happened to me at all, and I fly every single day! I live in a blue authorization zone and so I have to unlock everyday!

Sweet

Now there is no problems at all with the app, nor with the drone! All works really really well now!

Thank You DJI!!! My very first drone ever and I'm so very endlessly happy that I chose the DJI Mavic Mini!!!

Yeeeeeeeeey
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

What the hell!!!???

New version 1.0.6 GEO unlocking is not working again!!! Damn it man, is this gonna be like this every time?

Now it allows me to unlock the GEO zone and it says unlocked successfully, but than it stays locked!!

I'm so upset now!!!

2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Bulgaria

OK, excuse my previous post guys, it now seems to work perfectly again! I cleared the Android app cache and restarted the drone and control and then I was able to unlock the GEO zone all normally and it actually did unlock.

Sorry DJI, I just really really have a GEO zone thing ever since all the initial issues.

Everything works perfectly now, may its because I updated to 1.0.6 and the app was confused or the unlock servers had some issues maybe..

2020-1-15
Use props
jeffadelaide
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm Posted at 1-2 03:36
Yes I have, I fly my Mavic Mini with Android 10! My phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and with Android 10 the app works absolutely perfectly for me, no problems at all!

Sweet

hi can you tell me what your screen looks like outside in sunlight as i was thinking of getting the 20 pro. jeff
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_9TDLhqo5K8xq
New
Flight distance : 3337 ft
Canada

Any response or solutions from dji? I’m in the same boat, live in a blue zone and can’t even take off or fly in the house!
2020-3-16
Use props
AndrewTemcha
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hi guys, just bought a Mavic MINI last week, and currently experiencing issue with unlocking Blue zone on the map. I live in aprx. 5 km next to Airport in Blue zone. Thus I have to ask for permission each 3 days. The first question comes here: is it possible to somehow unlock it for specific zone forever (lets say, after 3 unlocks in a row, etc). And the main problem is next: yesterday I unlocked it via web site for 3 days and tried to start fly. It asked my to accept all the policy etc (3 checkboxes as far as I remember) and after that it sent SMS for verification. Then I was able to start fly. However today it asks me to accept same policies and at this time doesnt send any SMS and simply DO NOTHING. I'm trying again and again - but no luck. It says something like "UNLCOKED" but actually when I press auto take off - it again requests permissions. This loop never ends. Anyone experiencing something similar?
2020-3-19
Use props
fansfc8c174b
New

Panama

Good day all, I just get my mavic mini, with new version 1.0.8
Im in a blue sone and I cant unlock it.
Tried several
Thinks and nothing, it not allowing me to self-unlock, I trued via Kittyhawk, but the app says that Im not in a restricted zone.  This is crazy, somebody could help me?
2020-4-10
Use props
fanse01fdf90
New

United States

Same problem. Blue zone.
Looks my Mini go back to Costco today..  
2020-4-26
Use props
LYM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1883005 ft
Romania

Same issue here. Although 'till recently I could unlock the blue authorization zone easily, lately I've noticed I can no longer do that. I'm looking to see if there's been some changes in the app because if so, I will be cancelling my Air2 order, which uses the same Dji Fly app.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_F7HIgE7VHyCK
New
Belgium

Is there a new feature on DJI Fly? Now it is July 2020.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules