Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ROCKSTEADY broken
850 5 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So Ive been very pleased with the action, got some great footage. I had a problem with my first one that it lost its horizon and would remain tilted. But anyway returned it and got another one.

I felt for while the rocksteady wasnt as good as the first one. ( Latest firmware, numerous factory resets )

Today being sure something was up with it, i did the carboard tube test. This involves making a small carboard tube about 1inch long that goes around the lens.
The idea being that this is shown in the recorded image and any stabalisation shows this circle darting around.

So in 4k, RS works in its mild form when not recording, then when recording was jerky.

The real tell was in 2.7K,30 where its meant to work best. It didnt work at all, no stablisation at all.

So unfortunatly the second one has to go back.  

For anyone wanting to check how RS works the cardboard tube test is a very visual demo and shows normally how well and how much correction is applied.
2019-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

photo please  
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MKosmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Are you able to post a sample footage of the issue for us to be able to check and assist you further. Thank you.
2019-11-16
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

very crude, but it does the job:

the view you see:

When rocksteady works you will see the circle shift up down left right & rotate showing the correction.
2019-11-16
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hardware Build date  2019 / 7,    Firmware = 1.06.02 (6984)

Rocksteady mostly works in 4K, preview & record.     Note: preview = mild rocksteady, record = full.  ( however not as good as first osmo )

2.7K - preview = mild rocksteady, record = NO rocksteady.

1080 - preview = mild rocksteady, record = NO rocksteady.

Hyperlapse = NO rocksteady.

To clarify, Preview Is just previewing the footage without record pressed - where there seems to be mild rocksteady correction, then RECORD ( when working ) applies full rocksteady.
Just one more point, with Rocksteady set on, it still crops in - but just in some modes doesnt stabalise.
2019-11-16
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-16 07:56
Hello and good day MKosmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Are you able to post a sample footage of the issue for us to be able to check and assist you further. Thank you.

Hello DJI Stephen,

is there a way to force a reinstallation of firmware - incase corruption has occurred ? Thanks.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules