Toasted motor?
2407 9 2014-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanart1
New

United States

Hello,  I just flew my new Vision 2 + today for the first time.  I had 2 successful flights and landings.  On my 3rd flight,  I was coming in for a landing on short grass.  The phantom tipped over on 2 motors and the grass stopped the blades.  I turned it off withing 5 seconds,  but I noticed one of the motors had stopped working.  I brought it inside and immediately noticed it had a strong burning smell.  There was no smoke, or any damage that I can see,  but the motor no longer works.  

I figured it might have been some safety feature to shut down the motor,  but judging from the smell,  I think it's fried.  My question is where do I go from here?  Can I buy a new motor and install it myself,  or is this something I need to have someone else do?  I don't even know where you can get a motor from?  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.
2014-11-15
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hmmm, which V+ do you have the v1 or v2. v2 has upgraded motors and esc's. might have to have a look which one it is before you go buying motors.. as if its the old motor on the v1 , you cannnot put a v2 motor in there without upgrading the esc either.

might have to see which version you have.

where are you in the world, USA, UK etc?

might have to do a search on google for motors and esc's in your part of the world..

hope this helps

Falc
2014-11-15
Use props
ryanart1
New

United States

It's is the news version,  just shipped from Hong Kong this week to me in the US.  Just from a quick search,  it seems that this is a somewhat common problem.  I'm a little intimidated by disassembling the unit and possibly making something worse.  I'm somewhat mechanically inclined,  but this involves lots of small screws and whatnot.  I'm just hoping it's only the motor,  because it smells really bad.

If anyone at least knows what the newest motor is,  or a place I can order them,  I might try to wing it.  I'm not opposed to shipping it to a professional,  but I don't want to spend a fortune.
2014-11-15
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think you need contact DJI support an take your warranty.

Phone DJI:
DJI USA
L.A., California, USA.
Tel: 818-235-0789
2014-11-15
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

just did a search myself. see link below.. upgraded motors names are below the link.. make sure you have the correct motor. either Counter clockwise or clockwise.. if you dont know , one of the motors has a black thread the other does not.

there are good vids on you tube about replacing motors..  just make sure you have the correct wires to the correct part of the esc.. take pictures of when you are disasembling the phantom..  to refer too.

hopre this helps

http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-ph ... ?page=2&sort=2a

DJI Phantom2 2312/960KV MOTOR (CCW) PART11
         DJI Phantom2 2312/960KV MOTOR (CW) PART12
2014-11-15
Use props
ryanart1
New

United States

whyley27@sky.co Posted at 2014-11-16 06:30
just did a search myself. see link below.. upgraded motors names are below the link.. make sure you  ...

Thank you!
2014-11-15
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

also here

http://www.dronecamps.com/#!dji/cx0j
2014-11-15
Use props
ryanart1
New

United States

It's frustrating because apparently DJI isn't very forthcoming with info regarding which motor I have.  I can't order one until I'm sure what I need to replace it with.  With the motors being recently updated,  there's a strong possibility that I could get the wrong motor if I just buy one on a whim.
2014-11-15
Use props
ryanart1
New

United States

I give.  This is the most frustrating thing I've done in a while.  Why can't I
a.find anything that states which specific motor I have?
b. find a place that would sell this motor AND list specifically that the motor is for black tipped props?

I'm dead in the water until I can figure out what "new motor" actually is on the V 3.0.
2014-11-15
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

check this guy out on you tube, lots of info

2014-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules