Charging mobile phone from controller ?
1018 4 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zemetras
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

Hi guys, is there a way how to stop discharging my Mavic Mini controller ?
Everytime I connect controller to my phone (Xiaomi MI 9T) , phone starts to drain battery from controller by charging.
In this case, my flymore combo (3x battery) is useless, when my controller battery goes downhill so fast.
Is there a way how to solve it within DJI Fly app, or solution on android level ?
Appreciate any help.

2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day zemetras. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-11-16
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-16 13:02
Hello and good day zemetras. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.

Thanks for clearing this out.
Funny that on Mavic 2 I read with rooted devices and some rootonly app charging is possible to stop and flying app was still working.
Guess easier will be to buy some older iPhone just for flying....
Still this is big disapointment for me.
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

zemetras Posted at 11-16 15:54
Thanks for clearing this out.
Funny that on Mavic 2 I read with rooted devices and some rootonly app charging is possible to stop and flying app was still working.
Guess easier will be to buy some older iPhone just for flying....

You are very much welcome zemetras and thank you for sharing this additional information with us. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-11-17
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

Small update, flied with iphone SE and there was no chargif from the controller.
Bigger issue : i can`t fly in authorization zones, can not unlock.
In other posts, DJI replied firmware update (fix) will come late december.
Releasing product with such an error not fixed ?
This is unbelievale and unacceptable, F you DJI.
I regret buying mavic mini ( my second and LAST dji product )
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules