1135 7 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I live near a military airfield and the DJI fly app will not allow me to take off my Mavic Mini this is very annoying as I can’t even fly in my house

No aircraft will ever fly below say 15 m near a house and I think rather than not allowing take off the app should restrict heigh only in such situations so that an owner could a least hop in the air to test things or set up the app and certainly fly in their house

Doing this would help stem a lot of tha annoyance people like me are feeling

Do not underestimate the number of no fly zones there are
2019-11-17
Use props
Brightlights2001
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

Biglumps,
I also live near a military airfield but I contacted the Flight OPS Officer & made a case for myself to fly within certain restrictions ie always below 100ft on a flying day & not on the approach path & Never within the boundaries of the Base & on Non flight days a height of 200ft & the other similar restrictions & offered to give them full access to my flight records etc & they happily gave me a written exemption with the proviso that for each flight period I have to email a “UAS Notification Form” to them.
I’m able to do this for a 7 day period & once you’ve completed a few of these it’s a 10 minute job & then you go onto the DJI NFZ page & ask for an unlock on your drone which again is another 10 minutes of your time & they send you an unlock normally within an hour.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend you to coordinate the concern to our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Also, the DJI Mavic Mini has a restriction that was the same with other DJI Aircraft. Therefore, if you are flying before in the location wherein there is a NO-FLY zone using a different DJI drone, the DJI Mavic Mini will do the same thing since it has the same restriction. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-17 08:09
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will highly recommend you to coordinate the concern to our designated department at . Also, the DJI Mavic Mini has a restriction that was the same with other DJI Aircraft. Therefore, if you are flying before in the location wherein there is a NO-FLY zone using a different DJI drone, the DJI Mavic Mini will do the same thing since it has the same restriction. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Other DJI Drones do not have the same restriction. As they will fly at my location and the Mavic Mini will not. Ask yourself why this might be

These are the facts not as you have stated as a DJI Admin you should not give incorrect information
2019-11-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brightlights2001 Posted at 11-17 02:05
Biglumps,
I also live near a military airfield but I contacted the Flight OPS Officer & made a case for myself to fly within certain restrictions ie always below 100ft on a flying day & not on the approach path & Never within the boundaries of the Base & on Non flight days a height of 200ft & the other similar restrictions & offered to give them full access to my flight records etc & they happily gave me a written exemption with the proviso that for each flight period I have to email a “UAS Notification Form” to them.
I’m able to do this for a 7 day period & once you’ve completed a few of these it’s a 10 minute job & then you go onto the DJI NFZ page & ask for an unlock on your drone which again is another 10 minutes of your time & they send you an unlock normally within an hour.

Thanks for that information which is useful however I don't feel we should have to do that. The lower Stratum of airspace above a persons property (generally considered but not defined to be up to 500 feet) as defined in the Civil Aviation Act 1982 is owned by the freeholder of the property (That is me) So it kind of erks me that I am expected to ask someone else's permission  to use it as I feel fit.

The fact is also that if a drone is kept below a certain height outside of the perimeter fence of an airfield (where there would generally be no private dwellings) then there is absolutely no danger to Aircraft using the airfield. So I say again to DJI Stop preventing take off and simply restrict the height in these zones
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-17 09:46
Other DJI Drones do not have the same restriction. As they will fly at my location and the Mavic Mini will not. Ask yourself why this might be

These are the facts not as you have stated as a DJI Admin you should not give incorrect information

Hi, You can still unlock the specific location if you are restricted, just directly contact our designated team at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-21
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to a friend who bought a Mavic Mini and lives near a Class B airport, what you just wrote above is not true.

He called in and nothing can be done until the supposed update in December.  He wants to just fly it in his garage, but as soon as the software realizes where he is, it prevents the Mini from even taking off.
2019-11-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnnyMac41 Posted at 11-21 22:05
According to a friend who bought a Mavic Mini and lives near a Class B airport, what you just wrote above is not true.

He called in and nothing can be done until the supposed update in December.  He wants to just fly it in his garage, but as soon as the software realizes where he is, it prevents the Mini from even taking off.

Quite correct
2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules