Probkem with self-unlocking GeoZones
1896 9 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwoodhead
New
United States

I have attempted to unlock via the https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock   ( which is available )   The site seems to authorize it but the DJI Fly  Mini app doesn't seem to recognize it.  It asks to unlock on the app but never unlocks     I did notice that  Mavic Mini is not one of the listed drones on flysafe site..  is that the issue? .    Is there a special procedure to have the DJI Fly app to recognize it?     Secondly  is there a way to disregard the GEOZONE so I can fly a drone inside my house?

Please advise?

2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Apparently it’s a problem within the app, it’s supposed to be sorted soon, dji have said here they woul€ be updating app this week, so hopefully it gets sorted then .
2019-11-17
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

A couple of us here have posted we received emails back from Dji Fly Safe support saying we will not be able to unlock authorization zones until a firmware update expected at the end of December. Some, including me, are disappointed in this.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good jwoodhead Thank you for reaching out and for choosing the DJI Mavic Mini. DJI will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly Application in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone. Please pay attention to the official announcement or kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Please submit the unlocking request at that time. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-17
Use props
GaryArt1
lvl.2
United States

I wish I would have known this from the beginning.  I live in a authorization zone and never had a problem self unlocking my Spark.  The way it is now, I can't even fly my Mini inside my house because DJI has locked it and released it before they were able to provide the keys to unlock it.  Now I will have to decide whether to leave it in the box until they release the update or return it as defective.
2019-11-18
Use props
jwoodhead
New
United States

I will be returning my Mavic mini.  A drone that can't fly isn't worth much.
2019-11-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes very bad I have the same problem. and it is wrong that DJI released the drone before the App was ready.

I have taken my Mavic Mini away on Holiday and it enjoyed it and it is a good drone so if you can wait I would perhaps keep it until this is sorted but I totally know how you feel
2019-11-18
Use props
Brightlights2001
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

Not Acceptable to release the drone that we can’t even fly even if we have an exemption for that area.
2019-11-19
Use props
twendel
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

And, what would they have me do until then? This is an unacceptable practice. Is it possible for DJI to just disable the geofencing until that rectify the error?
2019-11-30
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

The only workaround I tried was taping tin foil on the top of the drone and depending on what type of structure you are in, this actually works for a few minutes until the GPS eventually makes its way inside, BUT BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO COVER ANY OF THE COOLING VENTS...
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules