Mavic Mini camera view does not update
1086 7 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

My new Mavic Mini is very nice, like my Sparks, but the camera view does not update and it will attempt a RTH seemingly as a result. I have tried a number of things, turning off video caching, reconnecting the RC to the drone. Nothing changes. Wanted to try switching to 2.4 Gh, but evidently my controller does not support that. The 5 Gh bands do not look very reliable - at least one channel shows a big red interference bar fairly frequently. Have not looked while drone is flying. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
John
2019-11-17
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

Tried 2 additional things. (1) set to fpv mode. (2) watched the transmission channels while drone hovered. There was a lot of red in radio channels, but not in the one being used.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi John, we apologize for the difficulties with image transmission, FCC version only supports 5.8 GHz. Just to clarify, are you referring to the camera view keeps freezing? If yes, what is the model of your mobile phone?
2019-11-17
Use props
oldpilot1946
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30509 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am also having problems with the mini it shows only 1 video frame then locks up. Also goes black after taking single shot. I also bought a s7 which was on compatible list. Do hundreds of new owners have to buy another phone plus you may need new micro st card.
Disgusting situation, the compatible list should have been advised to customers before selling drones
Oldpilot
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

oldpilot1946 Posted at 11-17 21:15
I am also having problems with the mini it shows only 1 video frame then locks up. Also goes black after taking single shot. I also bought a s7 which was on compatible list. Do hundreds of new owners have to buy another phone plus you may need new micro st card.
Disgusting situation, the compatible list should have been advised to customers before selling drones
Oldpilot

Hi Oldpilot, sorry for the troubles, if you are referring to the image transmission freeze issue with Samsung S7, we have fixed it, please re-download the APK from our website and try again: https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-mini/downloads APK.png
2019-11-18
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

oldpilot1946 Posted at 11-17 21:15
I am also having problems with the mini it shows only 1 video frame then locks up. Also goes black after taking single shot. I also bought a s7 which was on compatible list. Do hundreds of new owners have to buy another phone plus you may need new micro st card.
Oldpilot

I believe that there is a very easy fix.  Just uninstall the DJI Fly app and then re-install it. It appears that there was a software fix that did not result in a new ver/rel/mod number. The fix seems be dated 11/14/2019 and I am positive that my original version was installed on 11/11/2019.  The fixed software really does work WELL. The picture quality seems to be greatly improved as well.
2019-11-18
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-17 19:57
Hi John, we apologize for the difficulties with image transmission, FCC version only supports 5.8 GHz. Just to clarify, are you referring to the camera view keeps freezing? If yes, what is the model of your mobile phone?

Seems to be fixed.  I uninstalled the DJI Fly app and then re-installed it. Works great now!
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnK48 Posted at 11-18 15:09
Seems to be fixed.  I uninstalled the DJI Fly app and then re-installed it. Works great now!

Glad to know it, enjoy flying. If there is any other problem, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules