1234Next >
89543 121 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato_Soriano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27740 ft
Mexico

Right after opening the new drone box and turning it on, the gimbal moves but then it gets stuck and a motor sound can be heard really loud. No flight or take off have ever been performed.   When trying to calibrate the gimbal it only shows a 10% progress and then fails.
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUhZtneGI4
It always appears the error 40002.   If someone has been through this or knows how to solve please keep in touch. Should I send a online repair request so I can have a replacement? DJI please release a fix for this. I used the latest firmware v01.00.0300 on December 4th 2019.
2019-12-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Renato_Soriano Posted at 12-19 09:24
Right after opening the new drone box and turning it on, the gimbal moves but then it gets stuck and a motor sound can be heard really loud. No flight or take off have ever been performed.   When trying to calibrate the gimbal it only shows a 10% progress and then fails.
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUhZtneGI4
It always appears the error 40002.   If someone has been through this or knows how to solve please keep in touch. Should I send a online repair request so I can have a replacement? DJI please release a fix for this. I used the latest firmware v01.00.0300 on December 4th 2019.

Hola Renato!
Something looks weird since your gimbal is never parallel to the Mini, it seems is always at an angle.
Isn't one of the elastic bands which holds the gimbal to the mini dis attached?
Can you complete the gimbal/camera calibration?
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_abyVeyCsPCWv
New

United States

Same problem and I received mine yesterday 12/19/2019
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_q1uHI6OP3pqW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Just wondering, quite a few brand new minis affected, perhaps a faulty batch???
2019-12-19
Use props
mycior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48668 ft
Poland

Hello. I have a problem with the gimbal, namely the "Gimbal stuck" error
I don't know if it's broken or it's software fault (users say on foreign forums).
It helps to move it in different directions quite vigorously, but I have the impression that this random starting makes it work. Once I hit the wall with it, but as I mentioned earlier - users have not had any accident, and also have a problem with it.
I installed the drone software again and started working without a problem. Unfortunately, I put it down for a few minutes and put on a plastic cover. Later, I took off, started and still the gimbal will not even move + message.
I installed an older version of the software, but it's still the same.
I can already recognize when it snaps or not, namely when starting always calibrates. How it works, the top and bottom are calibrated vertically and stands still.
If it doesn't work, the vertical calibration looks like it moves up / down probably three times ...

I will add that I did the gimbal calibration (how it works) + compass calibration + something like "I".

I have DJI Care, but I don't want to send him back with such a thing ...

Have any of you had this case? On the forums they write about the same and give different advice, but they do not work for me.

VIDEO:

Gimbal (does not work): youtube.com/watch?v=yzL_37MkFSw
Gimbal work: youtube.com/watch?v=YbIhvbdpuCc
2019-12-20
Use props
thomasrene
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8737 ft
Martinique

Same problem here 'gimbal stuck' error since yesterday occured after a dozen of flights.
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_hqQpgM7bQF4I
New

Australia

fans4561ff3d Posted at 11-20 18:36
It is a mechanical issue. You need to gently(!!!) pull the gimbal forward. You get a “click” sound as it pops out from whatever locked position it was. I am not kidding. This will most probably make me return this whole thing tomorrow.

Yes. It was mechanial. It seems that when you our the gimbal guard back on you can accidentally push the camera framework slightly in and it gets stuck in the plastic housing. Just need to gently pull it out so it's hanging free.
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_vl56hHF1Y0Gz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7986 ft
Indonesia

I have the same issue!
While flying today I got a warning that gimbal is overloaded. I landed, turned it off and then on again and the error "gimbal stuck" occurred. The drone is totally new and I did fly 5-6 times, just trying the functions. Optically seems perfect and everything on the right position. No idea what I could do. In some comments above I read that it works if we pull up the gimbal. Can you please explain how to do it exactly? (I suppose you mean with the drone turned off or?).
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_2McpHAEVrIGa
New

Indonesia

Same problem! And then I watched this video on youtube.
youtu*be/Y1yqhyO6hAE

My mavic mini was solve it!
2019-12-24
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

With a few breaths of air the problem should be solved? I can't imagine that, but it would be great if it was ;-)
The correct link is and the magic moment is at 3:33
2019-12-24
Use props
robbyj
lvl.1
United States

The problem is mechanical. Use a flashlight and look into your Mavic Mini head on. Behind the camera you will see what looks like an upsidedown 'Y' holding the camera in place. If the 'Y' looks tilted either way, the problem should be ovbious. If you want, you can use the small screwdriver that came with the Mavic Mini to gently pull the arm back into place. This problem may be caused by any type of shaking, jarring, or impact to the drone. Hence why some people above stated that they have had the problem from the start caused by shipping. I'll make a video of my own tonight showing how I was able to fix the problem.
2019-12-29
Use props
Joseph B
New
Flight distance : 1752 ft
Canada

3rd day of flying and im having the same issues.  Ill probably return mine this week
2019-12-29
Use props
Joseph B
New
Flight distance : 1752 ft
Canada

My Gimbal was jammed to the side, I got it to click over and it seems to have resolved its issue.  Ill keep you posted
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_vl56hHF1Y0Gz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7986 ft
Indonesia

robbyj Posted at 12-29 15:31
The problem is mechanical. Use a flashlight and look into your Mavic Mini head on. Behind the camera you will see what looks like an upsidedown 'Y' holding the camera in place. If the 'Y' looks tilted either way, the problem should be ovbious. If you want, you can use the small screwdriver that came with the Mavic Mini to gently pull the arm back into place. This problem may be caused by any type of shaking, jarring, or impact to the drone. Hence why some people above stated that they have had the problem from the start caused by shipping. I'll make a video of my own tonight showing how I was able to fix the problem.

Please paste here the link as soon as you upload it! I would be greatful!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_3SFAQ14PoExD
New

Sweden

SOLVED!!!

Okey as someone born in the 80s I'm happy that my NES skills came in use.

*Take out that battery.
* Blow fast hard dry (make sure no moist or saliva gets inside the components) inside the battery chamber and on the sides on the gimbal. Try pretty much all angles.

When I had the 40002 code error the gimbal itself felt hard to move. Like it would only move on sections of I carefully manually moved it.
But after blowing in it a few times it kind of klicked and got all loose again like it should be.
I started it back up and it worked. Smooth and no error message.

I really hope this can help you all. Because it sucks really bad when something like this happens.
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Adrian358 Posted at 12-14 16:45
same problem fuk dji

I think this has to do with the end of the firmware update. When you power on the drone again the front legs should both touch a flat surface
2019-12-31
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 608629 ft
United Kingdom

I got this error message after crashing my mini in the house on the first flight. I pulled the gimbal out slightly to free it and it started working again.
2019-12-31
Use props
mycior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48668 ft
Poland

robbyj Posted at 2019-12-29 15:31
The problem is mechanical. Use a flashlight and look into your Mavic Mini head on. Behind the camera you will see what looks like an upsidedown 'Y' holding the camera in place. If the 'Y' looks tilted either way, the problem should be ovbious. If you want, you can use the small screwdriver that came with the Mavic Mini to gently pull the arm back into place. This problem may be caused by any type of shaking, jarring, or impact to the drone. Hence why some people above stated that they have had the problem from the start caused by shipping. I'll make a video of my own tonight showing how I was able to fix the problem.

I am waiting for this video.
2020-1-1
Use props
gncdias
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41837 ft
Brazil

mycior Posted at 1-1 08:24
I am waiting for this video.

Waiting for this video too.
2020-1-2
Use props
gncdias
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41837 ft
Brazil

I took a deep breath to encourage myself and started to gently push and pull the gimbal in all the directions. Then I crossed my fingers and turned on the drone and the camera got back to normality! I was angry, frustrated and worried about this for more than a week, but now the issue is solved thank God.
2020-1-2
Use props
blueeyedson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654488 ft
United States

Just opened the box of my replacement unit...the first unit had sooo many errors i replaced it...and now getting the same 4002 gimbal stuck error as most here. WTF? Ready to get my money back and try another manufacturer. So disappointed with my first drone. And now second drone too.
2020-1-2
Use props
BR86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1105213 ft
United States

Same issue- ready to blame firmware update, but found to be a mechanical issue. Hope this picture helps.
2020-1-3
Use props
pjjf43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12392 ft
United States

Sadly same problem with my new Mavic Mini...appears no response or solution from DJI support...extremely frustrating as use of the Gimbal is the whole point of buying this thing.  Upgraded to new firmware just now...same problem... DJI come on?  can you give some sort of official response?  Do we all have a bad batch of these things?
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_ZsbkH6hVtnPF
New

United States

Same code right out the box
2020-1-7
Use props
fans450974d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423 ft
United States

Same problems, received on 1/8/2020, charged, connected to controller, firmware upgrade, one short flight indoors then received the gimbal error, tried calibration multiple times using auto and manual, 10% showed initially and never changed, manual the values never changed. At start the gimbal went through several movements so seems to be functional but don’t know if there is something it isn’t doing since I haven’t seen a normal startup. My experience is iOS, is this happening to both iOS and Android? Seems reports go back several months and at least 2 versions of firmware. Where is DJI?
2020-1-9
Use props
Sean Martley
New

United States

Dji isnt doing crap to help the 90% of people having this issue with the mini. This should be a recall
2020-1-10
Use props
Sean Martley
New

United States

Dji isnt doing crap to help the 90% of people having this issue with the mini. This should be a recall
2020-1-10
Use props
Darren Tully
New

Canada

I have the same issue , it seems that apon start up , when the gimbal is cycling through its test motions that if I physically help push it with one finger when it is pointing straight down , that it will cycle through its motions properly and be ready to go once it completes its warm up. It does not solve the problem or keep it from happening but it will perform as it should once that Gimbal stuck error code is not coming up
2020-1-10
Use props
rikdiaz
New

Mexico

the same im from mexico
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_dXPGDYcGh2Cu
New

South Africa

Hi , I crashed my mavic mini, my drone is fine ,but the gimbal is stuck and camera not moving.

Is there a way to fix it
2020-1-25
Use props
thomasrene
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8737 ft
France

Fixed my Mavic Mini gimbal just by blowing heavily toward the gimbal.
I started with a straw first then I went with a full mouth blow and I think some tiny dust grains were responsible for all these errors.
Hope this helps. You can find videos of people fixing the gimbal like this on YouTube.

I used to have the Stuck Gimbal 40002 Error, IMU Calibration error and overload error message.  
2020-1-30
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186781 ft
United States

I seem to be having the same issue, It was flying fine for 2 days and then I did a battery firmware update.  the next day when I attempted to fly, I was getting the gimbal stuck error, 40002.  when the drone is unpowered, the gimbal moves freely on all axis, when you power it on, the yaw and roll axis do their calibration and then the tilt axis moves up down up down up down up down.  here are 2 videos showing what it is doing,         

when I attempted to do a gimbal calibration it gets stuck at 10%.  sometimes if I use my finger to bump the gimbal i can get it to go past 10% but the tilt axis doesnt work properly.  I also tried to re calibrate the imu, this did not fix anything.  and using dji assistant to rollback.  
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

mycior Posted at 2019-12-20 07:19
Hello. I have a problem with the gimbal, namely the "Gimbal stuck" error
I don't know if it's broken or it's software fault (users say on foreign forums).
It helps to move it in different directions quite vigorously, but I have the impression that this random starting makes it work. Once I hit the wall with it, but as I mentioned earlier - users have not had any accident, and also have a problem with it.

Moving the gimbal randomly seemed to work?  ill try this
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

gncdias Posted at 1-2 10:27
I took a deep breath to encourage myself and started to gently push and pull the gimbal in all the directions. Then I crossed my fingers and turned on the drone and the camera got back to normality! I was angry, frustrated and worried about this for more than a week, but now the issue is solved thank God.

I will need to try this when i get home.   
2020-2-3
Use props
Helium_ADHD
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_11g4sZr4zSFL Posted at 2019-11-29 18:30
I just got mine today. I charged up the batteries, updated firmware, and am receiving this error right off the bat. Never made a flight. I verified that the gimbal rotates freely along all 3 axis. Calibration will not proceed past 10%. Did anyone hear anything back from DJI? This is really unacceptable.

I am having this
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_nmnsAArLFVak
lvl.1

Philippines

Same problem here!! We flew it several times and it was perfect.. no crush. Then suddenly the gimbal  is not working, when we turn the drone on it moves properly but then the app says the same error that you talked about. I don't know what to do!

2020-2-12
Use props
Damir_G
lvl.1

Russia

I have the same problem. At least I managed to localize it: gimbal behavior depends on battery charge: if it's full - all works fine, if low - problem. Guys, check this out and reply if it works or not for you.
2020-2-29
Use props
Damir_G
lvl.1

Russia

CHECK THE SOLUTION [color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/ft1yK7MEa1M
2020-2-29
Use props
Damir_G
lvl.1

Russia

CHECK THE SOLUTION