Gimbal Stuck: 40002 Error
1234Next >
89536 121 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom043
lvl.1

United States

I've tried all proposed solutions posted on this site and none of them has worked.  What does it take to get a response from DJI?  They should either post a solution or issue a recall.
2020-3-2
Use props
fire_vi
New

Thailand

tbgame Posted at 2019-11-20 16:46
Same as above. I've managed to get it to work if you turn on, leave for a few seconds then push on the camera/gimble to almost get it to fight against you then it will correct itself and work perfectly (until it turns off and on again)

Not ideal as I'm sure the Gimble is not meant to be man handled like that but just shows it will work. Hopefully a software fix.

thank you very much, it helped me a lot
2020-3-19
Use props
djiuser_o6UKENbahTHk
lvl.1

United States

I have EXACTLY the same problem and don't have a clue what to do. Nothing that I try seems to work.
2020-3-23
Use props
djiuser_o6UKENbahTHk
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_o6UKENbahTHk Posted at 3-23 11:31
I have EXACTLY the same problem and don't have a clue what to do. Nothing that I try seems to work.

So I just tried blowing everything out as shown on the video. Then I performed the manipulation of the camera by gently pulling it forward. Lastly, I performed the startup scheme of 1) open app; 2) connect controller; 3) start drone. All is working perfectly now.
2020-3-23
Use props
djiuser_wDsL4jzMlwH4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325568 ft
Jamaica

Im having the same issue on the latest firmware 1.0500 on april 25thth.  Can someone say if was a corrupt uodate or hardware issue?
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_wDsL4jzMlwH4
lvl.1
Jamaica

Damir_G Posted at 2-29 23:47
CHECK THE SOLUTION https://youtu.be/ft1yK7MEa1M

Not getting to copy this link
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_MzsS84mhozyk
lvl.1

United States

fans450974d6 Posted at 1-9 20:45
Same problems, received on 1/8/2020, charged, connected to controller, firmware upgrade, one short flight indoors then received the gimbal error, tried calibration multiple times using auto and manual, 10% showed initially and never changed, manual the values never changed. At start the gimbal went through several movements so seems to be functional but don’t know if there is something it isn’t doing since I haven’t seen a normal startup. My experience is iOS, is this happening to both iOS and Android? Seems reports go back several months and at least 2 versions of firmware. Where is DJI?

To all out there.  I had this same problem with the gimble straight out of the box.  Found a YouTube video with a solution.  Get ready for this... Just slap the back of the drone just a bit more than a tap, whammo, problem fixed.  I guess something just needed to be loosened on the inside.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_wDsL4jzMlwH4
lvl.1
Jamaica

I got this issue resolved. Here what I did.

I installed the DJI assistant for mavic on my computer.  Then. Powered on drone.
While hearing the sound from drone. Plug usb into computer and connect drone as well.

Followed by downgrading the firmware on drone to a month before the current version installed

After this is complete.  Then plug in the controller and downgrade the firmware of this as well

When rebooting everything.
I made sure and have the app open and launched first. Then connect controller after and press the power button on controller.

Last was to power on the drone itself and voila..  gimbal was working like normal. No error 40002 code .. the IMU test was only stayomg at 10% when i was on the previos formware.. im not even gettin this anymore. Cheers
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_VoGnAnRXxrA2
New

Israel

same problem fuk dji  mini
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_3OPnpzDh2OsN
New

Canada

I had the same gimbal issue. I did the current firmware’s update, got a can of air dust remover for computers and sprayed around the gimbal and also aggressively moved the camera around while the drone was powered up. I didn’t force anything just moved it around but not overly gentle. This seems to have fixed it. My best gues dust and debris gets in the mechanism. I hope this helps anyone who has this issue.
2020-6-13
Use props
bugmattmore
New

United States

I had the same problem.   While I think dust or other contaminants could certainly hinder the movement of the camera I believe most of these issues here describe what I definitely found. On the back part of the gimble itself there is a small panel that can be popped off with a tiny screwdriver (see picture).   Just a slight pry.  Inside is a small IC on a ribbon cable that needs to be fully seated into it's socket.  I had to align and apply slight pressure on the IC to get it to "snap" in.  My guess is that it can work its way out overtime, and likely during shipping.  Hope this helps.
I should add that the camera initially worked for a few days. Then the camera wouldn't calabrate and would shake.

Back Of Gimble

Back Of Gimble
2020-7-10
Use props
Zdenwood
New

Czechia

djiuser_o6UKENbahTHk Posted at 3-23 13:05
So I just tried blowing everything out as shown on the video. Then I performed the manipulation of the camera by gently pulling it forward. Lastly, I performed the startup scheme of 1) open app; 2) connect controller; 3) start drone. All is working perfectly now.

Many thanks. Pushing the camera gently forward and the "correct" power up sequence helped .
2020-7-11
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290295 ft
United States

So I seem to be in the same boat as most of you who opened your drone and got that same error issue...  My question is should I just go ahead and return at best buy?  I have tried multipe things on here and nothing has worked yet...I have seen the gimbal move when i start it looking around...lol but thats it..so i dont know what it's like to fly with it yet.. Thanks for any advice
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_cIWKnTaVuaXv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10213 ft

France

dmbaib Posted at 2019-11-18 10:52
I have the same problem
Gimbal  warning of error 40002 saying is stuck and camera horizon issue.

Bonjour j ai le meme prkbleme que dois faire erreur 40002
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_cIWKnTaVuaXv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10213 ft

France

fire_vi Posted at 3-19 09:40
thank you very much, it helped me a lot

Bonjour avez vous que cette solution?
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_F5nOTGlBsXA3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660089 ft
United States

I’m gimbal repair 40002 why do it say this
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Ip54JQUx8blp
New
Flight distance : 30 ft
Portugal

Hey i Have the same problem! ;( with the dji mini 2 ... i need yo send them to the warranty???
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_i1ry3faV8An7
New

United States

Damir_G Posted at 2020-2-29 23:51
https://youtu.be/ft1yK7MEa1M

This solution worked for me but I don’t want to tap the gimbal on every startup.  Also during a short hover I started getting the 40003 error.
Thanks for the video.
youtu.be/ft1yK7MEa1M
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_5R3nhF7uSKcL
New

United States

djiuser_8TK1mTS8qf02 Posted at 2019-11-23 09:56
Recieved my mavic mini opened it today right after I charged it turned it on the gimbal wouldnt move just made a ticking noise and gave 40002 error gimbal stuck. Pulled it out like others and it gave it left and right motion but the camera its self just shakes and ticks

Hey did u found a solution to your drone, I have the same problem. ?
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_XtYU8rIbuf9e
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone tried calibrating the IMU?
2021-7-1
Use props
SpectrePuma
lvl.1

Brazil

I have exactly the same problem. Someone knows how to fix? Thank you!
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_bVplm01aR95l
New
Flight distance : 130620 ft
Australia

I’ve been getting the same error too for some time, on startup it moves in a diagonal tilt and then eventually stops diagonally and doesn’t work as it should, says error 40002.

When I use my hands to move the gimbal around a few times, it will eventually correct itself and start working. Immediately I turn it off and back on, and the error is back. It’s really frustrating because it takes time off getting it in the air quickly.
2021-8-5
Use props
djiuser_qwDQTOnXKhgg
New
Australia

POSSIBLE FIX: Hey there just purchased one of these very excited to take on first flight and out of the box for this error. After updates checking everything etc. error still remained, I thought was fault from box. On final inspection of the gimbal I noticed the rear of the unit could rub on the case very hard to notice as the camera appears to move competently free at startup. So I gently pulled the whole unit forward stretching its rubber supports a little, I did this a few times and the camera appeared to settle in a more forward position. Power it all up and the error was gone - everything functioned as it should!!! Definitely worth a try and something I will try again if I am to get the error again: It just seems the unit relaxes on its rubber mounts a little too far back. - GIVE IT A GO - could save your frustrations and keep you in the air - 3 flights since no problems!!
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_qwDQTOnXKhgg
New
Australia

Hey there I just bought one of these was excited to perform first flight - did all the setup etc. but got the 40002 error straight out of the box. After a lot of reseting power down updates etc. it would still error. On further inspection of the gimbal I notice while gently rotating it the rear of the camera mount was capable of running on the casing. I gently moved the whole
Camera unit forward, gently did this a few times and it seemed to settle on its rubber mounts further forward then It did before. Power on error gone straight away. Its only early days for me but curious for other people to try this when they get the same error but may be a quick fix to get you back in the air.If I get the error again I’ll defiantly have no hesitation gently pulling the unit forward just enough that you feel tension. - Good luck annoying little issue.
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_ESVCrlGYGmkM
New

France

Bonjour, j’ai ce problème mais pour le DJI air 2S. Pouvez-vous m’aider?
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ESVCrlGYGmkM
New

France

Bonjour, j’ai ce problème mais pour le DJI air 2S. Pouvez-vous m’aider?
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_sY8pelIREXj5
New
Flight distance : 581 ft
United States

Got a brand new Air 2s. Flew it one time to give it a test run. Then I took it on my first job a week later and got constant 40002 errors. No plastic protector. Gimbal moves fine when moving with my finger. No grinding. Blew it off multiple times, no luck. Updated everything to latest firmware, restarted all devices including phone, but still get the error code. I hope it isn’t a constant issue with these units. I’m returning and getting another Air 2s. We will see. If this doesn’t work I will get a different model.
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_iSPkCFtjiFu5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601978 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_11g4sZr4zSFL Posted at 2019-11-29 18:30
I just got mine today. I charged up the batteries, updated firmware, and am receiving this error right off the bat. Never made a flight. I verified that the gimbal rotates freely along all 3 axis. Calibration will not proceed past 10%. Did anyone hear anything back from DJI? This is really unacceptable.

I have the same problem
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iSPkCFtjiFu5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Error code 40002 my gimbal also rotates freely but getting error code 40002.
Can anyone help please
I've tried calibration but stuck on 0%
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iSPkCFtjiFu5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Error code 40002 my gimbal also rotates freely but getting error code 40002.
Can anyone help please
I've tried calibration but stuck on 0%
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_rdHMyUAlH18J
New

Canada

Activated the DJI Mini 2 on Friday (April 8) and have had 4 good flights between then and Sunday afternoon.  As I got ready for a flight in the evening again, I saw the Gimball Stuck error.  It's fine on powering on but no motion after that; calibration stuck at 0% for 10 minutes straight and no progress on 2 occasions.  

Please advise what I can do.
2022-4-10
Use props
DaveBeal
New
United States

One more time...  If your gimbal moves freely but you are getting the 40002 "Gimbal stuck" error, the solution is to slap the gimbal around during its power up self-test, as shown here: https://youtu.be/ft1yK7MEa1M  Thanks, Damir_G!

I just got my Mini 2 about a week ago, and it has had this problem since the first flight.  It's absurd that users have been complaining about this problem for 2.5 years and DJI has not addressed it.

2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_spMXBcRs28jp
New

United States

I just sent my DJI mini 3 PRO for repair, they charged me $65
I was getting this error (40002 Gimbal Stuck)out of the box. They should not charge for them to fix this! What it’s gonna take for them to acknowledge this problem and take responsibility a lawsuit? I kinda want my $65 back!! Such a rip off
2022-7-22
Use props
grgieboy
New

Philippines

Hi my air 2s had a gimbal stuck issue after a 5 feet fall. Is it repairaible?
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_8nvPvVy2K2bF
New
United States

This comments are from 2019 i bought a dji mini 3 pro just yesterday 10/30/2022 i had 3 small flights and… obviously felt after that code 40002 appeared without leaving i moved the camera as requested and nothing did i just expended $1400 just for nothing??? And yes i removed the plastic cover
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_8nvPvVy2K2bF Posted at 10-31 14:54
This comments are from 2019 i bought a dji mini 3 pro just yesterday 10/30/2022 i had 3 small flights and… obviously felt after that code 40002 appeared without leaving i moved the camera as requested and nothing did i just expended $1400 just for nothing??? And yes i removed the plastic cover

When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly App (error code 40002), it seems debris is stuck in the gimbal. (For example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.) You can try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_5MsjGefNI114
New
Flight distance : 46969 ft

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-17 19:19
Hi tbgame, we apologize for the trouble with the gimbal. If there is no luck after refreshing the firmware and calibrating, please export the logs via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (https://dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads) and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then post the link here and we also need the serial number of the drone as well, we will help to analyze. Thank you in advance.

Tengo el mismo problema me podría ayudar ?
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_5MsjGefNI114 Posted at 11-18 19:41
Tengo el mismo problema me podría ayudar ?

Hi there, may I ask about the model of your drone? Please also tell us the error message so that we can help you better.
2022-11-18
Use props
Udonitron
lvl.2

Canada

This just happened to mine.
Was working perfectly fine & then not.
It appears to move freely and go through its boot up sequence but once booted up and connected to the controller the gimbal tilts side to side several times and then gives the 40002.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Udonitron Posted at 3-26 11:57
This just happened to mine.
Was working perfectly fine & then not.
It appears to move freely and go through its boot up sequence but once booted up and connected to the controller the gimbal tilts side to side several times and then gives the 40002.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what DJI drone you are using? For the error code 40002, here are some troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal.
2. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal. Remove the SD card.
Kindly keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules