No unlocking of GEO Zones on Mini until at least late Dec
22489 275 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-31 01:27
WTH the update has been taken down. I just went back to the App Store and is now showing the old version. This is confusing and I am glad I got screenshots.

The app update is still there, i just updated my app aswell.
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm Posted at 12-31 01:42
The app update is still there, i just updated my app aswell.

Yes it seems so. If I open the appstore main page it show 1.0.3, but if I open the app info there is an update available. Just updating..
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

I am able to fly my drone now.

I dont have the GEO in red anymore.
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

jayjay70 Posted at 12-31 01:56
Yes it seems so. If I open the appstore main page it show 1.0.3, but if I open the app info there is an update available. Just updating..

2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

jayjay70 Posted at 12-31 02:00
[view_image]

I will show a pic on how it looks now since the app update.
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

just powered Mini on and now there is new FW update also available
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

No more red GEO after dji fly app update
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

90BEB142-1561-442F-B649-44AD44E7D6D0.jpeg
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

Also got this from DJI - I may add that communication skills should be much better in DJI. They should more oen communicate the development process and were they are. That would ease people not to get angry with them.

2019-12-31
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

I would like to see a vide of flight and stability from David perhaps before taking off this guy too far...
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mVxuiAyfaRhm
New

United States

Everything seems to be fine now tho.

If you did the app update & firmware update with the drone, there should be no problems for lift offs & should be able to unlock GEO zones.
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

I have no doubts about stability of flying with this. I suppose they have not touched those parts of firmware. Only some Geo Unlock and maube some Android compatibility issues.

2019-12-31
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

At this point, the DJI site still shows the old version.  And so does the Android app store.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_EvdWRNgFXSFd
lvl.1

South Africa

I can do the firmware update, but there is no app update. Any advice?
2019-12-31
Use props
jz729
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4130922 ft
Suriname

Just download from DJI site for Android. The download link links to 1.04
2019-12-31
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

The site here:

https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Still shows 1.0.3, but the link seems to load 1.0.4.

They need to get the site updated, but it's encouraging progress.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_3wh2HA2sZOdH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have done both updates, but still get the message about auto landing due to the zone. There doesn’t seem to be any option to unlock in the app. It now mentions about checking for a license. I’m in a blue authorisation zone. Tried the self unlock page but Mavic Mini is still not listed
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe
lvl.1
United States

Still no update for us in South Florida. Tried to fly and geo zones still stopping. How to update is There a link?
2019-12-31
Use props
easyfly
lvl.1

Morocco

djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe Posted at 12-31 02:50
Still no update for us in South Florida. Tried to fly and geo zones still stopping. How to update is There a link?

Just wait little time, they send update area by area
2019-12-31
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Android app updated in Greece
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_3wh2HA2sZOdH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_3wh2HA2sZOdH Posted at 12-31 02:46
Have done both updates, but still get the message about auto landing due to the zone. There doesn’t seem to be any option to unlock in the app. It now mentions about checking for a license. I’m in a blue authorisation zone. Tried the self unlock page but Mavic Mini is still not listed

Ok, so tried again a bit later and now have the option to unlock in the app. Tried that, entered my phone number but it said too many verification requests, try later. I guess the servers are just over loaded at the moment.
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

Guys,
new user here. How ecactly is this working? I updated the firmware and updatred the app to 1.04. Just headed out - I'm living in a blue authorization zone around an airport - and it didn't work. I could not take off because preflight-check says area is restricted. I didn't find any button to click to authorize myself (And yes, I checked, it's legal to fly within 30 m according to local law).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_3wh2HA2sZOdH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tried again and finally worked. It just takes time. It should all settle down eventually
2019-12-31
Use props
stelios makris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2467 ft
Greece

Debugger Posted at 12-31 02:55
Android app updated in Greece

Hi and happy New Year 2020.I am in Greece too in Corfu.The drone was successfully updated in version 04 but still does not unlock blue areas.Any ideas?
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Austria

Is this unlocking working for anybody? And if so, what exactly did you guys do? The app says that the aircraft is in an authorisation zone and I should apply for unlocking (see screen). It does not say how on earth this unlocking is done. Preflight-check also only displays a warning, but no option to unlock. There is a menu item in the settings about unlocking geozones, but that just seems to try to scnchronzize unlocks from the server(?) Which is odd since self unlock via DJI website is still not available for the Mini to my knowledge.

Any suggestions?
2019-12-31
Use props
jz729
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4130922 ft
Suriname

ChRoM Posted at 12-31 03:41
[view_image]

Is this unlocking working for anybody? And if so, what exactly did you guys do? The app says that the aircraft is in an authorisation zone and I should apply for unlocking (see screen). It does not say how on earth this unlocking is done. Preflight-check also only displays a warning, but no option to unlock. There is a menu item in the settings about unlocking geozones, but that just seems to try to scnchronzize unlocks from the server(?) Which is odd since self unlock via DJI website is still not available for the Mini to my knowledge.

You should be able to click on the red Geo Zones notification and it should pop up. Also you can self unlock via the website, just pick something like the spark or mavic air. I just tested it for my mini using the zones for the Air, was able to self unlock via website.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_e6oTUt5d4fVd
lvl.1

United States

I've got the update also but live in a blue zone and still can't unlock, this is beyond frustrating.  Any ideas?
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Austria

After trying for almost three hours, I'm giving up. It's just not working. Self-unlocking website now offers Mavic Mini as an option and I was able to create a self-unlock for my location and synch it in the app. However, next to the entry it shows the message "aircraft not connected" and I'm still blocked from taking off. I'm 100 percent positive that the controller serial number I entered is correct, I read the QR code and copy/pasted. Also double-checked. I also tried a second unlock using the serial number of the drone itselft, just in case. That didn't do anything either.

I'm seriously frustrated now. I can acceppt when a feature is not implemented yet. But once it is, it should work. My feeling is they rushed this out to keep their promise of fixing this in December.

If anybody has any further suggestions, I'll gladly take it.
2019-12-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MuratA Posted at 12-30 07:27
No way to fly, as a new member of DJI products i now that DJI is ...tiest company i ever dealt with. I should have researched more about their lies and how promises are not kept before even thinking to purchase. I will be contacting the store i purchased  and see if i can return this piece of sh***. I have never seen a company where the company lies to the consumers and doesnt care about them. Whoever around me in the future thinks to buy DJI i will try to convince them otherwise.

What did the company lie about ?
2019-12-31
Use props
FernandoSedrez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23993 ft
Brazil

ChRoM Posted at 12-31 04:43
After trying for almost three hours, I'm giving up. It's just not working. Self-unlocking website now offers Mavic Mini as an option and I was able to create a self-unlock for my location and synch it in the app. However, next to the entry it shows the message "aircraft not connected" and I'm still blocked from taking off. I'm 100 percent positive that the controller serial number I entered is correct, I read the QR code and copy/pasted. Also double-checked. I also tried a second unlock using the serial number of the drone itselft, just in case. That didn't do anything either.

I'm seriously frustrated now. I can acceppt when a feature is not implemented yet. But once it is, it should work. My feeling is they rushed this out to keep their promise of fixing this in December.

Aircraft not connected is a different issue, please plug in to your PC and update again both controller and drone using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Austria

FernandoSedrez Posted at 12-31 04:50
Aircraft not connected is a different issue, please plug in to your PC and update again both controller and drone using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic

Thx, but the drone is connected and working fine. It just shows "aircraft not connected" next to the entry of the unlocking license.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_aFnUSsgtc1k7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22680 ft
Germany

ChRoM Posted at 12-31 04:53
Thx, but the drone is connected and working fine. It just shows "aircraft not connected" next to the entry of the unlocking license.

Very same problem here, see screenshot.
Also support in chat does not know why. I am asked to send an email to DJI for their dev team to analyse…
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_aFnUSsgtc1k7
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_aFnUSsgtc1k7 Posted at 12-31 05:00
Also support in chat does not know why. I am asked to send an email to DJI for their dev team to analyse…
[view_image]

there is no button or option to link the available license with the drone that is connected to the controller and that issues a "GEO…" warning, refusing to take off, due to the authorisation zone it is located in:

the list of licenses linked to the drone is and remains empty, because there is no way to link a license:
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Lets hope is a matter of time regarding different areas.
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_aFnUSsgtc1k7 Posted at 12-31 05:00
[view_image]

When I contcted support some two hours ago, they didn't yet know that the update had been released ;-)

I wonder if the "aircraft not connedted" message is a translation issue. It doesn't really make sense to tie the licence to the controller but then check for the aircraft. I guess.

2019-12-31
Use props
dschloss
lvl.1
Germany

ChRoM Posted at 12-31 05:11
When I contcted support some two hours ago, they didn't yet know that the update had been released ;-)

I wonder if the "aircraft not connedted" message is a translation issue. It doesn't really make sense to tie the licence to the controller but then check for the aircraft. I guess.

To me it does make some sense, also see how their video explains how it works with the DJI Go App:
- you request a license for a controller, so it is linked to a controller (by SerNo)
- then you use the controller for a certain drone (that has its own SerNo)
- when the drone detects that its GPS position is inside a rectricted area, it (should) check via the controller it is connected to, if there is a valid license for the restricted area
- if there is a valid license, the user shall activate an available valid license for the given drone – so it can claim and use it for flying
- if then the drone shall no longer use it, you should be able to release it from the drone, making it available for connecting it to another drone

So, the translation for a button that I am expecting to see in the UI could be:
- "Lizenz für Fluggerät aktivieren",
…and then, after activation, it could say in the separate screen of linked/activated licenses:
- "Lizenz für Fluggerät deaktivieren".

But currently there is no option available anywhere…
I was hoping to see a dialog that does that linking when trying to take off the drone…
2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Finland

It works for me now great - I already relied with my video on another thread, but I'll put it here also. I'm living in a blue zone and I was not able to lift off before this update.

2019-12-31
Use props
dschloss
lvl.1
Germany

jayjay70 Posted at 12-31 05:35
It works for me now great - I already relied with my video on another thread, but I'll put it here also. I'm living in a blue zone and I was not able to lift off before this update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcugPt3aR_8

I saw your video in the other thread (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=205574&pid=2046094 ) but I'd really like to learn what you did in which sequence after updating App, drone FW, controller FW:
As you can see above, I have all prerequisites, but the self-unlocking license that I got via the support page and successfully downloaded to my controller, doesn't become available for the drone…
How do the dialogues inside the app look like for you which I provided and uploaded above?

thx!
2019-12-31
Use props
Wstawkartofle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19846 ft
Poland

App and Firmware updated. No Geo warning and I live near airport.
Finały !!!. THX DJI
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_Oiu72EoBNK92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

Updated and successfully unlocked in the blue area (South Florida). POTUS no longer an issue (at least for flying the drone )
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules