22491 275 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

dschloss Posted at 12-31 05:48
I saw your video in the other thread (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=205574&pid=2046094 ) but I'd really like to learn what you did in which sequence after updating App, drone FW, controller FW:
As you can see above, I have all prerequisites, but the self-unlocking license that I got via the support page and successfully downloaded to my controller, doesn't become available for the drone…
How do the dialogues inside the app look like for you which I provided and uploaded above?

I just updated the app from applestore, connected phone to controller and App suggested FW update. After FW update it was ready. I did not need to do anything else..
2019-12-31
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

ChRoM Posted at 12-31 03:41
[view_image]

Is this unlocking working for anybody? And if so, what exactly did you guys do? The app says that the aircraft is in an authorisation zone and I should apply for unlocking (see screen). It does not say how on earth this unlocking is done. Preflight-check also only displays a warning, but no option to unlock. There is a menu item in the settings about unlocking geozones, but that just seems to try to scnchronzize unlocks from the server(?) Which is odd since self unlock via DJI website is still not available for the Mini to my knowledge.

I too had problems, i connected to the controller and the ac, it shoed an update to the fw, so i clicked om it, after the update finished, i rebooted the phone rc and ac, still said was restricted, clicked on unlock, and said it was still unable to unlock? Played with it awhile, and noticed my firmware was updated, but the app was still 1.003, so i went to dgi and did the app update, anf it worked, i figured if the firmware was updated, then the app would be too, but you have to do both, Tim
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe
lvl.1
United States

Only way for it to work is to update the app on your iPhone or android after that it works Godspeed
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF
lvl.1

United States

Well still does not work for me. I’m in a zone where president trump is at the moment. I get the unlock checkboxes but still get the error message. Dji support said that fly safe would contact me within 48hrs.
if anybody else is in south Florida and is having the same issue or fix I would appreciate any feedback.
Best wishes for the new year guys! ;)
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF Posted at 12-31 08:55
Well still does not work for me. I’m in a zone where president trump is at the moment. I get the unlock checkboxes but still get the error message. Dji support said that fly safe would contact me within 48hrs.
if anybody else is in south Florida and is having the same issue or fix I would appreciate any feedback.

Did you go to the app and update? Not the drone but the app itself?
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_SgjtdJ1cG9Pa Posted at 12-28 07:58
Good morning from the middle of the world Ecuador, when ia the update coming up, my house is in a blue zone and I can't unlock the geofencing.

Thank you and have a great day.

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to this concern. Please update the firmware for your DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application to the latest version. I would also recommend to please visit our DJI Flysafe website for CUSTOM UNLOCKING to send a request to unlock your DJI Mavic Mini in the " No Fly Zone ". Thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 09:06
Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to this concern. Please update the firmware for your DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application to the latest version. I would also recommend to please visit our DJI Flysafe website for CUSTOM UNLOCKING to send a request to unlock your DJI Mavic Mini in the " No Fly Zone ". Thank you.

This is working for me now.  I had to use the sticks to try to arm the motors for it to work.  Pressing the auto-takeoff button in the app didn’t do anything.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-31 09:08
This is working for me now.  I had to use the sticks to try to arm the motors for it to work.  Pressing the auto-takeoff button in the app didn’t do anything.

Seems like I read someone else comment the same thing Kloogee. Seems to me like it would make sense to trigger the authorization system either way we take off, but that's just me...
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe Posted at 12-31 09:01
Did you go to the app and update? Not the drone but the app itself?

Yep. Updated both the app and the firmware on the aircraft.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF Posted at 12-31 09:21
Yep. Updated both the app and the firmware on the aircraft.

What about the RC?
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Also, something that you may have already done, but if the RC was updated as well, I had to force close the app and restart the AC and the RC before it told me that I couldn't take off because of no GPS. I'm sorry if these are things you've already done, I don't want to come off in a bad way.
2019-12-31
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 09:06

If my account is verified why the DJI so needs unlocking on website? I travel on motorcycle most of the time, I don't have a laptop with me. Why DJI couldn't make it simpler and just press a button on the up for unlocking Geo zones?
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65
lvl.1

United States

Guys! Can I fly in a class D?
I did the firmware update but this ... still not working!
2019-12-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine worked ok once I updated the App from DJI Site as the Apple App store did not have the new 1.0.4 veraion.

It was a few things to do including giving your number and a text message. Does any one know if we have to do this every time we fly in the same zone or Just when we go to a new Zone

2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 09:27
Also, something that you may have already done, but if the RC was updated as well, I had to force close the app and restart the AC and the RC before it told me that I couldn't take off because of no GPS. I'm sorry if these are things you've already done, I don't want to come off in a bad way.

It worked! Yay. Not sure why. I just restarted the app as you mentioned. I did try to unlock the zone on the fly safe online map too. Awesome first flight. Thanks a lot guys!
2019-12-31
Use props
Dano99
lvl.2
Canada

New version of IOS is on the app store now
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF Posted at 12-31 10:08
It worked! Yay. Not sure why. I just restarted the app as you mentioned. I did try to unlock the zone on the fly safe online map too. Awesome first flight. Thanks a lot guys!

That's awesome!! Glad to hear you had your first flight and you enjoyed it!! Happy New Year and safe flying!!
2019-12-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dano99 Posted at 12-31 10:11
New version of IOS is on the app store now

Mine auto updated about 15 hours ago.
2019-12-31
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

One question to David or maybe more experiences users. Is there a limit to the distance if you fly inside the blue zone? I set the limit to unlimited for distance however around 46 m the drone said it reached max.
cheers
2019-12-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MuratA Posted at 12-31 15:21
One question to David or maybe more experiences users. Is there a limit to the distance if you fly inside the blue zone? I set the limit to unlimited for distance however around 46 m the drone said it reached max.
cheers

I've not tried a real flight with it yet.  The wind was blowing 20mph with gusts over 40mph here today, so I just launched and then landed it straight away.  

I can't imagine that it would have that sort of limit.  If that is the case, that would be a huge fail.  Other DJI drones can fly normal distances in authorization zones once they are unlocked.
2019-12-31
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

I will do unlimited again and try tomorrow. tonight i dont feel that safe...
2019-12-31
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

Just got an answer from support and it appears it was an user error after all ;-) I entered the serial number of the remote control, but what we actually need to enter is the "flight controller SN" (whatever the flight controller is? ;-) that can be found in the about-tab in the app. Syncing the self unlock to the app now works just fine. I'll head out later to see if I can actually take off. But this at least solves the issue of the "aircraft not connected" error that I and several others had. Btw, happy new year everyone!
2020-1-1
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

Quick update: Just went outside and could fly without a problem in my formerly blocked blue zone.
2020-1-1
Use props
easyfly
lvl.1

Morocco

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 09:08

Hi KlooGee

Yep, me too, I just had to use remote stick in blue zone to start unlock procedure...but after receiving code by sms, I can't enter it (screen seem blocked in the 6 cases number area).

Any advice ? I'm on ios.

Thank you
2020-1-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 10:22
Mine auto updated about 15 hours ago.

Man  Don't have Auto update set on your iPhone no good will come of it
2020-1-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-1 09:51
Man  Don't have Auto update set on your iPhone no good will come of it

I'm kind of a bleeding edge type of guy.  I love testing things out as soon as they are available.
2020-1-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

easyfly Posted at 1-1 09:18
Hi KlooGee

Yep, me too, I just had to use remote stick in blue zone to start unlock procedure...but after receiving code by sms, I can't enter it (screen seem blocked in the 6 cases number area).

Hmmm, not sure.  I'm also on iOS on an iPhone 11 Pro and didn't have any problems.  Does the keyboard pop up to allow you to type in it?

I think for some people, when they get the code in their messages, right above the keyboard, it shows the code and allows you to click on it and it will auto-enter the code.  Not sure why that didn't work for me.  I had to manually type the code number in.
2020-1-1
Use props
easyfly
lvl.1

Morocco

KlooGee Posted at 1-1 10:48
Hmmm, not sure.  I'm also on iOS on an iPhone 11 Pro and didn't have any problems.  Does the keyboard pop up to allow you to type in it?

I think for some people, when they get the code in their messages, right above the keyboard, it shows the code and allows you to click on it and it will auto-enter the code.  Not sure why that didn't work for me.  I had to manually type the code number in.

keyboard don't pop up to add code, bizarre...
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_jmMJMkIpOkDP
New

United States

djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF Posted at 2019-12-31 08:55

I am i an area where is says the POTUS restriction as well!! Sucks! And honestly Im pretty far from where the POTUS is and still nothing.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

KlooGee Posted at 2019-12-31 09:08

Thank you for the additional information. Are you getting any error messages. When you are tapping the takeoff button? If possible please try a different compatible device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 13:56
Thank you for the additional information. Are you getting any error messages. When you are tapping the takeoff button? If possible please try a different compatible device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

No errors and I’m far from the only person seeing this behavior.  I’m on iOS 13.3 with the latest DJI Fly (1.0.4)  and firmware (v1.00.0400). You can see the behavior in the video I posted in this thread.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_hqEMgSrFuofP
lvl.1
Germany

Are you kidding us DJI? Firmware update solved the geo unlocking problem for a few days and now it doesn't work again. Tried to start the drone, unlocked the zone via pop-up window, unlock successful. Tried to start up the motors... Unlocking procedure pops up again....successful again...same procedure again...... The drone won't start, tells me its in a authorisation zone and I have to unlock it. I do, it succeeds based on the pop up window and then: nothing. Just the same warning again.

Seriously - what are you guys doing? Firmware and App were updated and working just fine the last days. Multiple restarts of drone, controller, phone did not solve the issue. Is this server related on your site? Internet connection was established all the time and worked with other apps, browser, etc.

Still not able to fly the mini. Had the opportunity for a few days, it was nice, but now it is again a piece of worthless plastic without any functionality.
2020-1-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hqEMgSrFuofP Posted at 1-11 23:29
Are you kidding us DJI? Firmware update solved the geo unlocking problem for a few days and now it doesn't work again. Tried to start the drone, unlocked the zone via pop-up window, unlock successful. Tried to start up the motors... Unlocking procedure pops up again....successful again...same procedure again...... The drone won't start, tells me its in a authorisation zone and I have to unlock it. I do, it succeeds based on the pop up window and then: nothing. Just the same warning again.

Seriously - what are you guys doing? Firmware and App were updated and working just fine the last days. Multiple restarts of drone, controller, phone did not solve the issue. Is this server related on your site? Internet connection was established all the time and worked with other apps, browser, etc.

You have got to have internet connection when you do the unlock on your Phone or screen device. Also one unlock only lasts 24 hours
2020-1-11
Use props
red squirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

I received my mini last week, live in class D airspace.  Took me a while to figure out how to do this so thought I’d post my step by step for unlocking geozone to save frustration for other drone newbies like me.  I couldn’t find a way to link to my LAANC authorization in DJI Fly.  Maybe there is one?  That would be nice to be able to unlock using actual FAA authorization.  Anyway, what finally worked for me was to go to the DJI website using a computer and not a tablet or phone, click Flysafe, click unlock a zone, click self unlocking (appeared to right of screen).  That opened up the screen where I could select the model Mavic mini, pick my spot, and enter the serial number.  This was tricky for me.  I could not get the pins to select the location using my tablet or phone - they wouldn’t appear - but finally could get through that screen only when using a computer.  The serial number was tricky for me too.  It said to go to the DJI go app, general settings, about to find it but the mini doesn’t use DJI Go.  In DJI Fly, the place where I was seeing settings I did not see this.  I tried all kinds of numbers (the serial number on the box, all the numbers on the back of the controller) but none worked and wasn’t able to locate by web search how to find this number.  Then while in the DJI Fly app I clicked the three dots in the upper right corner which led to a settings area where “about“ could be clicked and the flight controller serial number was listed.  There is a flight controller serial number and a remote controller serial number.  The flight controller serial number is what you want.  This allowed me to get through the prompts (all the wrong numbers will get you through the prompts too by the way).  Then after you connect your aircraft you go to settings (not the three dots) which will show “unlock geo zones.”  If you have the right number it will say “import to aircraft” which you can click and you will be unlocked (all the wrong numbers will say “aircraft disconnected”.  I needed to do last part of unlocking in the app every time I turned the aircraft on.  The part in the DJI flysafe website just needs to be done once and it’s good for 3 days.  Probably obvious to many but wasn’t to me!
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_hqEMgSrFuofP
lvl.1
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-11 23:49
You have got to have internet connection when you do the unlock on your Phone or screen device. Also one unlock only lasts 24 hours

Hi, I’m completely aware about the internet connection. Data was turned on and worked (testes it with other apps simultaneously). Wasn’t able to unlock anyways..
Popup Loop it is I guess.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_fz6PFKZPSmvc
New

United States

Only if i would have known then I wouldn't have dropped the coin on the mini. I live on a military base, all of it restricted zone. I cant even fly it in my house. I have to drive 25 miles out just to be able to see if it works or not. I'd return it, but I don't want to eat the 15% restocking fee at Best Buy.
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules