No unlocking of GEO Zones on Mini until at least late Dec
23047 275 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

JHa Posted at 12-20 03:32
It's not protection, they have it wrong. DJI don't respect local rules. DJI ignores rules depended on drone weight.  DJI limits me on places where I can fly   but DJI allows me fly on places where I must not fly.

I didn't say they got it all right!  ;)

I was just commenting on WHY they might do what they did.  They're just trying to cover their own behinds.  I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less about what any one or even a few customers think about it.  
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65
lvl.1

Cuba

It’s Dec29th yo!! What’s happening... Yo!!
2019-12-29
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

IM here for it
2019-12-29
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 586270 ft
Brazil

djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65 Posted at 12-29 08:11
It’s Dec29th yo!! What’s happening... Yo!!

81224136_144315060324932_7340168232067661824_n.png
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_7Wz18U7Bi3Jp
lvl.1
Ukraine

as I said before  chinese narrow-eyed allways  lies they can promise you new firmware after  2 weks  but in fact you will wait for it  min  month  and after some flight test  i found tht mavic mini has many issues with autonomus flight ..  if compare it with mavic air  its just toy .... and camera also afflicted me  
also dji i think should warn their users  that MM cant fly when small  snow falling, sensor  see them and thinks  that it is surface and rise drone  higher  .....
also issue with radio,   just rised it for  25 meters  and signal and control lost
fortunately for me I have normal race drone which i can fly everywere   
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65
lvl.1

Cuba

$535 setting still! That sucks!!
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_7Wz18U7Bi3Jp
lvl.1
Ukraine

funny ^) on techgody  writen that dji NOT oficiali confirmed information about firmware upgrade on dec 30
2019-12-29
Use props
ReneOcean
lvl.1
Canada

Thats the latest I got. And yes, nothing happend since and it is now End of December! What a shame.

Hank.Su (DJI Support)

12月20日 CST01:59

Dear Customer,

Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused.

The technical team is aware of this issue and working on it.

As of now, the latest news is a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App will be released in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone.

Please notice the official announcement on DJI website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please let me know If you have any further questions or comments.

Best Regards
Hank.Su
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI
2019-12-29
Use props
ReneOcean
lvl.1
Canada

emaneg Posted at 12-23 06:10
What about going for a walk in the countryside... it's healty and you may go out of the NFZ nearby your house.

So you can power your drone and fly around!

We have a Mini-Airport right in Downtown. Sometimes no traffic at all, some flight training and recreational flight.  I can fly nowhere in town. Nowhere. Need to drive out of town. Thats hwo it is. A shame.
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_7Wz18U7Bi3Jp
lvl.1
Ukraine

unfortunatelyi was  right
dji didnt reliased firmware   shame shame shame да и вообще пиздец какой то
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am still awaiting official announcement on what is happening, mods or any dji staff please respond !
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_YdR20Yd1b9XP
lvl.1
India

Sourec : https://www.techgoody.com/self-unlock-available-for-mavic-mini-drone-on-30th-of-december-2019/

Self-unlock on Mavic Mini Drone is going to be available on 30th December 2019. It is not a rumor but also not confirmed by the DJI officially but it will be available on the 30th of December 2019.

I know there are lots of users who love DJI drones (quadcopter) and some of them die heart fans of DJI. Recently DJI launched a Mavic Mini Quadcopter which is very small in size and weight, lightweight is the main feature of this drone. According to the weight, it considered a toy drone but works as a professional Drone.

This small and cheap, DJI’s Mavic Mini may remove lots of the barriers that have long prohibited most people from getting into drones. This Mini Drone is as small as a smartphone after folding and you get 30 minutes of flight time, 4km HD video transmission withholding a three-axis gimbal and this mini drone can give you video resolution up to 2.7K. This drone available in Market in different Price but DJI official announced $399 while its fly more combo package is at $599 if you buy this drone so my recommendation is to buy DJI Mavic mini combo.

It weighs is just 249g, this number is not by accidentally. Drones that weigh more than 250g will have to be registered with the Civil Aviation and you will hand over your personal details with a small fee.

Even in a seaside lot of Youtuber have been tested its performance in windy conditions, I personally found that the Mavic Mini performed just like DJI’s bigger and expensive drone. While it is not able to record 4K but still produces quality HD videos.

However DJI’s app does not allow to fly the Mavic Mini in certain locations because of the GEO zone system, this actually based on international standards and not able to fly near the airports. If you want to fly you have to go 4 km away from the airports.

Self-unlock on Mavic Mini Drone on 30th December 2019
In some other DJI drone, you are able to register yourself on the DJI website and enjoy the flight of the drone but this registration is not available on Mavic mine. DJI officially announced that after a software update in late December will enable Mavic Mini owners to fly within such zones through a self-unlocking procedure on the app. You will be able to self-unlock this device from the 30th of December 2019. And requires a verified DJI account and also need to verify through a mobile phone number in every 24 hours. The user will receive a text message to unlock Mavic mini-drone through a code.
2019-12-30
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

It’s December 30th.   Anybody have news about unlocking flight in authorization zones?  My Mavic mini will hopefully arrive soon and I live in Class delta airspace.  I would love to practice indoors in my house and obtain LAANC authorization for my backyard.  Thanks!
2019-12-30
Use props
Brightlights2001
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve just powered my Mini up & got the normal screen asking if you are happy to take responsibility for flying in a restricted zone etc, but then to my surprise the screen cleared & I CAN NOW FLY!!!!..
No firmware update noticed before this I just went straight to the App & into the camera view from my Mini & off it went as above.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Brightlights2001 Posted at 12-30 06:48
I’ve just powered my Mini up & got the normal screen asking if you are happy to take responsibility for flying in a restricted zone etc, but then to my surprise the screen cleared & I CAN NOW FLY!!!!..
No firmware update noticed before this I just went straight to the App & into the camera view from my Mini & off it went as above.

I will try now, hope your right.
Thanks
2019-12-30
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Brightlights2001 Posted at 12-30 06:48

I don't know but I been able to fly since I got the MM in November, I also live in the blue zone but get a box before I fly and stating to take responsibility for flying, also before that I go on KittyHawk and request flight time and get it every time. I don't post much but read about people not being able to fly in blue zone's, I guess I been the lucky guy here.
2019-12-30
Use props
fansc069e1eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584072 ft
Brazil

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 06:58
Thanks

What is the result?
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_EvdWRNgFXSFd
lvl.1

South Africa

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 06:58
Thanks

Just tested and the statement is bull.... Still can't fly in authorization zones
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_EvdWRNgFXSFd
lvl.1

South Africa

fansc069e1eb Posted at 12-30 07:13
What is the result?

I tested and it's bull...
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_ktFO7sYBN2Pe
lvl.1
United States

Yes still nothing for me neither still early let’s keep motivated
2019-12-30
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

No way to fly, as a new member of DJI products i now that DJI is ...tiest company i ever dealt with. I should have researched more about their lies and how promises are not kept before even thinking to purchase. I will be contacting the store i purchased  and see if i can return this piece of sh***. I have never seen a company where the company lies to the consumers and doesnt care about them. Whoever around me in the future thinks to buy DJI i will try to convince them otherwise.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pop up comes up and I press unlock than I am presented unable to lift restriction.  i knew this was to good to be true.
2019-12-30
Use props
fansc069e1eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584072 ft
Brazil

It must be a matter of time zone, it must be in stages.  Right now I'm traveling outside the blue zone, I can't take the test.
2019-12-30
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

MuratA Posted at 12-30 07:27
No way to fly, as a new member of DJI products i now that DJI is ...tiest company i ever dealt with. I should have researched more about their lies and how promises are not kept before even thinking to purchase. I will be contacting the store i purchased  and see if i can return this piece of sh***. I have never seen a company where the company lies to the consumers and doesnt care about them. Whoever around me in the future thinks to buy DJI i will try to convince them otherwise.

This is just my perspective and not even 2 cents worth.  I think the Mavic Mini is a fantastic little drone that is fun to fly and does a great job for the price.  its definitely not perfect, but for the price, its a great little drone.  If you agree with those things and it is just the missing unlock feature that you are unhappy with, what is another couple of days?  Use those 2 days to go explore some other area you may not have otherwise chosen to go explore.

I'm in no way telling you what to do.  Only you can decided what is right for you.  However, don't let a short term problem make you miss out on something that may make you happy in the long term.  Keep in mind they've said on multiple occasions publicly "late December".  Its still late December as is tomorrow, so in my perspective, they haven't misled us yet.  Now if it still isn't available on Jan 1, then they haven't upheld their word.

Of course, if this isn't your only issue with the drone, that is a different perspective.

Cheers!
-David
2019-12-30
Use props
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-30 07:44
This is just my perspective and not even 2 cents worth.  I think the Mavic Mini is a fantastic little drone that is fun to fly and does a great job for the price.  its definitely not perfect, but for the price, its a great little drone.  If you agree with those things and it is just the missing unlock feature that you are unhappy with, what is another couple of days?  Use those 2 days to go explore some other area you may not have otherwise chosen to go explore.

I'm in no way telling you what to do.  Only you can decided what is right for you.  However, don't let a short term problem make you miss out on something that may make you happy in the long term.  Keep in mind they've said on multiple occasions publicly "late December".  Its still late December as is tomorrow, so in my perspective, they haven't misled us yet.  Now if it still isn't available on Jan 1, then they haven't upheld their word.

I have been saying this for a while the product is good. This was the main reason i paid the price. But again for me there is a difference between late December vs Last day of December. There are other issues about the drone itself that i have been reading but never experienced. For me one of the most important thing is keeping the word. I am fairly new to the flying so before exploring the World thats out there i want to start from my home area which is blue... If i had watched your YT video before purchasing i would have changed my mind for sure
cheers!
2019-12-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I've heard once in this forum that once you fly the dji drone, your anger gets diluted... and I agree because this has happened to me, do not get down, is true that lack of feedback from DJI is painful but the mini is an awesome piece of kit.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please keep your frustrations to yourself as this is not suitable behaviour on these forums. Or you are acting childish.
This is the reply you will get from some users here!

I FEEL ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS AND YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO VENT THEM HERE ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 08:13
Please keep your frustrations to yourself as this is not suitable behaviour on these forums. Or you are acting childish.

it looks like you are OK with getting this _|_ after spending this $$$ !!!!!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 12-30 07:44

I'm in no way telling you what to do.  Only you can decided what is right for you.  However, don't let a short term problem make you miss out on something that may make you happy in the long term.  Keep in mind they've said on multiple occasions publicly "late December".  Its still late December as is tomorrow, so in my perspective, they haven't misled us yet.  Now if it still isn't available on Jan 1, then they haven't upheld their word.

Thanks David , you’re kind words give me faith.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_08IS4B3EXG65 Posted at 12-30 08:44
it looks like you are OK with getting this _|_ after spending this $$$ !!!!!

I am frustrated and angry.  
Did you even read my entire post?
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_YdR20Yd1b9XP
lvl.1
India

Dji said would be released earlier on the 31st.
Screenshot_20191230-224646.jpg
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_PYYrPwFTTKRg
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 08:13

I live in a blue zone too and I’ve barely had my Mini in the air at all. It’s beyond disappointing, I have to drive 5 miles away to get out of blue zone, not exactly what I envisioned when I purchased it.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_NfHaoHT8cFiF
lvl.1

United States

I got the MM on December 21 and still have not been able to fly it. Unfortunately I live in South Florida and as Trump is here half the state is in a blue zone. I would need to drive a good couple of hours to get out of it which I don’t have time to do. Crossing my fingers that this supposed firmware updates comes soon...
2019-12-30
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

_danilo Posted at 11-25 04:22
Yeah, the freedom, right, but you can not ignore the fact that every idiot out there can posses one of these aircrafts nowdays. So, restrictions is a good approach, it just needs to be readjusted...IMO.

i agree and disagree... anyone gan get into a motor vehicle and drive it also.  outside of laws nothing stops them... look at the girl that stole that airplane and fortunately crashed into a building before getting it turned around and onto a runway... nothing stopped a passenger aircraft... the entire "control freak" nature of DJI is just unacceptable... there is no law here stating they need to be implementing any of this stuff and in fact some day, someone will have an incident that makes DJI liable because they set an expectation that they are protecting the airspace and some lawyer will have them by the cojnes.
2019-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_YdR20Yd1b9XP Posted at 12-30 09:19
Dji said would be released earlier on the 31st.

Countdown clock for New Year (1/1/2020) by China's time
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just got a app update.  Gonna try the mini.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still not working,needs a firmware update which is not available.

2019-12-31
Use props
jayjay70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34026 ft
Finland

Where did you get that new link?

2019-12-31
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

In Czech republic new update is not.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

WTH the update has been taken down. I just went back to the App Store and is now showing the old version. This is confusing and I am glad I got screenshots.
2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules