12Next >
2480 40 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84314 ft
United States

The drone, Mavic 2 zoom,  was on idle mode for less than 30 seconds. Battety 58% full. Altitude 90 feet. Distance 90 ft from home, no obstructions. All of a sudden I heard two loud pops and lost contact with the drone. My son noticed a splash in the water accross the canal (salt water). After reviewing my surveillance camera (can not upload video clip), retrieved the drone  and the battery, about 7 feet apart, I also noticed that the battery was ejected before it hit the water. Has anyone else experienced such a failure? Any info will be appreciated. Thank you
Theo Galanopoulos
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Galanopoulos8. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous fight with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Since this issue happened. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for the trouble and Thank for your support.
2019-11-19
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

My drone took a bath in the canal. Will it work again?
<https://youtu.be/dT9_Hi5Gf2M>
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are some experienced users here that can help you analyzing what went wrong.
They will need your flight log.
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Galanopoulos8 Posted at 11-22 02:48
My drone took a bath in the canal. Will it work again?

It does look bad.
Salt water + electronics don't work well in general!
2019-11-22
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

I can't believe that I have to pay DJI to figure out and possibly learn, to their benefit, what went wrong. The drone was flying in view and all of a sudden on return, same path, same altitude, no obstacles, no sudden acceleration, just dropped to the canal. The only warning I received was "disconnected". I recovered the drone and the battery. It was intact. No scratches, the propellers and battery in perfect physical condition. Anyway. That's DJI. Overrated and irresponsible. I didn't ask for a replacement or repair. I asked DJI for a failure analysis, and I am certain I was not the only one.
2019-11-22
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 03:08
It does look bad.
Salt water + electronics don't work well in general!

Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated
2019-11-22
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 03:07
Here it is with preview

Thanks you very much!
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Galanopoulos8 Posted at 11-22 05:48
Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated

You're welcome!
Hope you get it repaired!
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

No problem
2019-11-22
Use props
fansc1687be6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94216 ft

United States

Mine too.

Hi

My Mavic 2 zoom fell down from 170 feet. Here’s the link for the flight record.
Can you please tell me what went wrong?
2019-11-22
Use props
fansc1687be6
lvl.1

United States

Here’s the link for the flight record.

phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IOE0FHMLDZ8PD77CZWV4
2019-11-22
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

That's gnarly. Maybe battery wasn't clipped all the way in and the vibrations popped it loose?
2019-11-22
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 11-22 16:00
That's gnarly. Maybe battery wasn't clipped all the way in and the vibrations popped it loose?

Thanks. It may be true, even through I am always very careful and followed  my  preflight check list. However with all today's micro technology this issue could be easily resolved to eliminate this very serious issue for probably many. I guess they won'y do it just to save a couple of US$, or their engineering team is not capable to incorporate simple fixes.
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 03:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT9_Hi5Gf2M

Sorry for your loss. This is so sad. I hope DJI will handle your case soon.
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss, too.

There are some experts here who can analyze the flight log. I think you should start a new thread.
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That’s what I thought as well. Or maybe the battery had some defective cells. Seeing two examples in this thread made me more cautious regarding batteries health.
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc1687be6 Posted at 11-22 06:29
Here’s the link for the flight record.

Hope someone will help you out. Keep us informed
2019-11-23
Use props
fansc1687be6
lvl.1

United States

The same here
2019-11-23
Use props
fansc1687be6
lvl.1

United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-23 05:36
Fixing the url you posted is not clickable.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IOE0FHMLDZ8PD77CZWV4/

Someone please help me...
2019-11-23
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-23 05:30
2019-11-24
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

I recovered my little friend, 8 hrs later in salt water, there was no way that I would have trusted and use it safely even if it was repaired. My warrantee and refresh contract expired several days before the incident. So, i destroyed, so none else could fly or trust the parts. Sorry DJI, but your products are not as reliable as they are advertized
2019-11-24
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Galanopoulos8 Posted at 11-24 15:09
I recovered my little friend, 8 hrs later in salt water, there was no way that I would have trusted and use it safely even if it was repaired. My warrantee and refresh contract expired several days before the incident. So, i destroyed, so none else could fly or trust the parts. Sorry DJI, but your products are not as reliable as they are advertized

Of course DJI is not as reliable as they claim to be.. it's chinese... think about it, is there such a thing as a reliable Chinese made product... all cheaply made for quantity not quality...

There are two threads back to back here where Mavic 2 Zooms have come down for seemingly no reason.. deliberate DJI code addition to force the "failure".. I wonder whether both drones had the same recent update?? Both were near or just past their refresh end dates??
Curious how the latest Go4 update (with a reported bug and re-realesed) has a battery insert check feature and both of the M2Z seems to be a battery issue...

Here's an approved DJI answer "Sorry for inconvenience, but unfortunately your warranty is no longer valid so we can not replace your Mavic 2 Zoom... but we do have a new drone, Mavic Mini, just released so if you want to keep flying drones than perhaps buy that instead...thank for you continuing support"...

Do not update Go4 and firmware until it has been tested thoroughly... I wouldn't put anything past "neglected support" DJI. It is a business that's there to move their products at any cost... I'd hate for a M2 come down due to a software battery bug/on purpose addition and kill someone.

2019-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not my loss, but I do hope DJI will do just that!
2019-11-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc1687be6 Posted at 11-23 17:29
Someone please help me...

Hiya,

Sorry for your loss. Had a look at your flightlog. All normal indications, nothing wrong to be seen in the log.Mayby reading out the DAT file in your MP2 will tell more. (if you get it out if the water ofcourse, and file can be read)

Hope that DJI will help you out.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-11-24
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Galanopoulos8 Posted at 11-24 15:09

I won't blame you for this decision. I always fly over water, and now, after seeing these two incidents, I am not as confident as I have been before.
2019-11-25
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 23:21
Not my loss, but I do hope DJI will do just that!

I hope I won't say it to you my friend

I was referring to the OP but replied to your reply as you embedded the video where I watch the incident.
2019-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronespilot Posted at 11-25 10:42
I hope I won't say it to you my friend

I was referring to the OP but replied to your reply as you embedded the video where I watch the incident.

Ah that way.
I get it
No problem!
2019-11-25
Use props
fansc1687be6
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 11-24 23:49
Hiya,

Sorry for your loss. Had a look at your flightlog. All normal indications, nothing wrong to be seen in the log.Mayby reading out the DAT file in your MP2 will tell more. (if you get it out if the water ofcourse, and file can be read)

Thank you, JJB.

The drone is fine, broken props and scratches. I can get the DAT file.
2019-11-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansc1687be6 Posted at 11-27 05:10
Thank you, JJB.

The drone is fine, broken props and scratches. I can get the DAT file.

Dry and flyable?

If you like post a link to the DAT file here, or PM me.

cheers
JJB
2019-11-27
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Galanopoulos8, was the battery swollen by any chance? when you found it? just wondering.
2019-11-27
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

TVOD Posted at 11-27 12:46
Hi Galanopoulos8, was the battery swollen by any chance? when you found it? just wondering.

No. The battery's physical condition was perfect except for the contacts due to salt water.
2019-11-30
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 942671 ft
United States

I'm thinking of using Velcro straps from now on...too much going on with these M2 lately...to be honest..I don't think a unlatch battery would powerup the drone and take off.  If my drone goes down for unknown reason...im getting a Skydio 2
2019-12-2
Use props
fansb05bb589
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened to my M2P except I couldn't recover the drone because it was out to sea. It had to be related to the battery but it's about impossible to install it incorrectly so I suspect there was nother problem related to battery swelling or something else, but I'll never know.  Have got a Skydio 2 on order.
2019-12-2
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

fansb05bb589 Posted at 12-2 19:35
Same thing happened to my M2P except I couldn't recover the drone because it was out to sea. It had to be related to the battery but it's about impossible to install it incorrectly so I suspect there was nother problem related to battery swelling or something else, but I'll never know.  Have got a Skydio 2 on order.

I also found one of the motors frozen. Very dificult to turn.
2019-12-9
Use props
Galanopoulos8
lvl.2
United States

fansb05bb589 Posted at 12-2 19:35

I also found one of the motors frozen. Very dificult to turn.
2019-12-9
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've had this exact same thing happen to me log ended midflight, no battery swelling what so ever and I always make sure there clipped in properly. Iim under warranty and I was actually having trouble with the gimbal right out of the box so I was just trouble shooting this zoom and it fell out of the sky missed me by about 20 feet a smashed into someone's roof. It would've killed someone if that hot them in the right spot. Now dji is not allowing a warranty claim. I think transport Canada should be notified of all of these incidents before someone gets killed especially someone's kid. Very irresponsible dji.
2021-4-6
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-19 07:45
Hello and good day Galanopoulos8. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous fight with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Since this issue happened. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for the trouble and Thank for your support.

Has there been a reasoning behind this yet as I've had the exact same thing happen to me and no battery swelling what so ever I have a few mavics that I picked up last fall and I've had to replace a pro once a zoom failure and now another pro failure all dealing with motor issues except this zoom seems to be a mystery that you guys aren't warranting yet there is several of this instances and yet dji hasn't fixed the problem what are you guys waiting to see if you can kill a little kid. I can tell you the velocity that thing hits the ground it would do just that. This isn't an isolated incident there are dozens of occurrences on here of the same issue yet dji keeps blowing it off. I wonder if a dozen or more of us get transport Canada involved if that my might put a fire under your ass? FIX THE PROBLEM AMD WARRANTY THESE BIRDS AS ITS MECHANICAL/ELECTRONIC FAILURE  cause your encrypted logs fail does not fall on the consumers problem. Don't encrypt the logs then so we can monitor.
2021-4-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules