10287 32 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zak6
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Hi,

Since a view days I also own the Mavic Mini. While in the dji GO 4 app it is fairly easy to unlock restricted zones it did not work with the dji Fly App. I need this as I live in a fully restricted zone (close to the Vienna Airport) but there is a huge indoor flight hall. As long as I dont get GPS signal I can fly indoors but once GPS is received the drone starts to automatically land. Clicking on the restricted zone just tells me that I need a dji verified account to unlock - so how to do this in the new Fly App?
Second time I did not even get this message it just prohibits me to start (CODE 30083).

For indoor flights it should be possible to overrule the Zone settings.

Please advise, thanks!

cheers
Alex
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Alex, thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-19
Use props
SpiderX
New

United States

Hey Alex,

I just bought the Mini and I have the same problem.  My new drone is completely useless to me now since I live about 3 miles from an airport.  I don't know the FCC regulations just yet but it appears to be way overly restrictive to not allow any flight AT ALL.  For one I am indoors since it is winter now, so I fly sometimes indoors and sometimes just a few minutes in my backyard. But the APP is restricting me from even doing that.  Furthermore, why not have the restriction be something reasonable like make you restrict your height and distance when over one mile from airport instead of just not flying at all.  The APP already has the height and distance configurations in it for other functionality.  Within a mile of airport OK, no flying, I get it.  But in my backyard I should be able to fly the drone to a ceiling of say 100 ft which surely no aircraft will descend to.  Then I can fly in my yard and my home.  Now I can't fly at all unless I drive a few miles and try to find public land somewhere.
2019-11-24
Use props
SpiderX
New

United States

DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

Under what circumstances are there altitude and/or distance limitations on Mavic Mini?
    a. During flight training, the altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
    b. When flying while not logged into a DJI account, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
    c. Flight altitude and distance limits can be set manually in the DJI Fly app.
    d. When GPS signal is weak, the flight altitude of the aircraft will be limited.
    e. When the aircraft is flying near a restricted flight zone, or in a GEO Zone with altitude limits.
    For more information, please contact DJI SUPPORT.

Mt Mini will not even take flight, forget about limitations.  You have implemented a restriction on any flight for my new drone, not a limitation on height and distance.  I can live with reasonable limitation pursuant to the FCC regulations.  Not allowing me to fly at all?  Nope.
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SpiderX Posted at 11-24 19:10
DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the drone is not allowed to take off in the Restricted Zones such as airports, power plants, and prisons, please check more details here about the GEO system: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
Some zones are allowed to apply the unlocking, but Mavic Mini doesn't support unlocking until late December, our engineers are working on it, appreciate your understanding.
2019-11-24
Use props
ButterBlüm
New
Flight distance : 14623 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 20:10
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the drone is not allowed to take off in the Restricted Zones such as airports, power plants, and prisons, please check more details here about the GEO system: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
Some zones are allowed to apply the unlocking, but Mavic Mini doesn't support unlocking until late December, our engineers are working on it, appreciate your understanding.

Can you tell at what time this is possible for the Mavic Mini in Germany?
2019-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ButterBlüm Posted at 11-29 05:55
Can you tell at what time this is possible for the Mavic Mini in Germany?

Sorry for the late response, we've only got have one date, that is the late December, it should contain the Germany version, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-12-3
Use props
fans3c31bb13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

Hi all, I am in the same boat.  I live in a small town with a small airport and can't even check for proper operation on my brand new Mavic Mini.  I was planning to use the Mavic Mini to capture the upcoming holiday festivities and can't do so at my home :-(  This is soooo very disappointing!  I can't fly in my own neighborhood when I am easily able to with my P3.

I sure hope the update comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Mark
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_Z2MnxoPZfOdk
New
Flight distance : 64039 ft
United States

DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

Assuming you are in the United States, before taking issue with the “FCC” and DJI, I’d recommend you take some time to familiarize yourself with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA has regulatory authority over airspace in the US. Their authority starts at the blade of grass, or 0ft. As a recreational user there are several operating restrictions that you should understand.

To fly under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you must:

1. Register your drone
2. Fly only for recreational purposes
3. Follow the safety guidelines of a community based organization
4. Keep your drone within the visual line of sight or use a visual observer
5. Give way and do not interfere with any manned aircraft
6. Get prior authorization before operating in controlled airspace
7. Fly at or below 400’ in uncontrolled airspace
8. Comply with all airspace restrictions
9. Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test

Visit faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/
2019-12-4
Use props
fanse6d84d33
New
Maldives

DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

I am having the same issue. Shows Geo Zone. It did take off twice but automatically landed after 20 seconds into the flight.
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_IwX2rfWRCZjE
New
Indonesia

How to fly a Mavic Mini in the Authorization Zones area (blue zone). Because the zone covers a very large distance in my area ... (Medan and Aceh, Indoneesia)
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_WhLnJ7a7m5km
New

Croatia

Hi,

what about croatia. I just buy and cant do first fly because its unable to take off due to restricted zone. I buy this because its only 249 g and its like a toy why cant take off ?? please fix this asap
2019-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_WhLnJ7a7m5km Posted at 12-20 14:03
Hi,

what about croatia. I just buy and cant do first fly because its unable to take off due to restricted zone. I buy this because its only 249 g and its like a toy why cant take off ?? please fix this asap

Hi there, thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_IwX2rfWRCZjE Posted at 12-16 10:12
How to fly a Mavic Mini in the Authorization Zones area (blue zone). Because the zone covers a very large distance in my area ... (Medan and Aceh, Indoneesia)

Hi there, sorry for the late response. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_0t4KAQDsgUgD
New

Australia

How the hell can you sell something that is not usable? I literally can’t even fly this thing in my own house, backyard or even workplace as they all fall in the red zone. This is pure robbery, $600 drone that I can’t even lift off with. Good job not happy at all
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_S5ZxdfnZ1brG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25830 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-21 03:01
Hi there, sorry for the late response. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

It's late December, and we continue to face this issue! When is the unlocking of GEO Zones going to be offered for the Mini?!
2019-12-25
Use props
crsp84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1896 ft
United States

I just  got the  Mavic Mini for Christmas and since I'm 4 miles away from our municipal airport it doesn't even take off. According to this article the new firmware suppose to be release in late December. How late in December? Can  you please let me know ASAP. Because I can't even use my  Christmas gift :-(.
2019-12-25
Use props
fansf54eab72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
Indonesia

I just got my Mavic mini today, and can not fly it anywhere in my city because my WHOLE city is in the Blue Zone (our airport is located in center of my city). What kind of joke is this?
2019-12-26
Use props
Audiomaster
New
United States

It's now late December.  What's the deal?
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_qtzxJt0sIGgZ
New

United States

pretty thrilled about this myself....
- "late december" and you can't hit christmas - what could possible go wrong?
- documentation very much not obvious about how this worked with other models vs this model, so about 4 hours invested to get to the point of you can't do this until some supposed firmware release at the end of december
2019-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_S5ZxdfnZ1brG Posted at 12-25 10:13
It's late December, and we continue to face this issue! When is the unlocking of GEO Zones going to be offered for the Mini?!

The new firmware will be released soon, please wait a few more days, thanks for your patience.
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_QgOLvf06EGN5
New
Sweden

will we get an email or something ... i also live in an authorization zone and i cant use it in the park because we are 2-3 km away from an airport
shouldn't this appear in the DJI fly app so that we do not panic thinking we will never be able to use it ?
2019-12-28
Use props
Digilef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155387 ft
Greece

We hope that your engineers working full time all these days since the customers that bought your new miracle like us are just looking at it instead of  flying .
Unbelievable annoying situation ....
2019-12-28
Use props
Digilef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155387 ft
Greece

The new firmware released and working perfect finally
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_Qt7T93SAmUhh
New
Canada

New firmware isn't working for me. I live in an authorization zone and still get a Code 30083 - restricted zone, can't self unlock and can't use the Mavic Mini.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_fo3L9SCs3EwD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1862753 ft
Switzerland

la même chose pour moi code 30083
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_j5ltmUt0FQRA
New
France

djiuser_fo3L9SCs3EwD Posted at 1-6 10:02
la même chose pour moi code 30083

Hello,

Issue on my Mini too...

Actually I can start the unlock procedure which ask for my phone number and I then receive a message on my phone with the unlocking code. Unfortunately, I cannot enter the code into the DJI FLY App. There are several empty cases but when I tap on it, no hey board appears and so I cannot enter the code.

Last App and Firmware installed... Any idea?
Thanks in advance
julien
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_zhlRrsch8dkK
New
Canada

February 6, downtown toronto canada.  clearly in authorization zone, not restricted zone.  I cant unlock zones to fly. error code 30083 restricted zone,  error code 13022 request failed.  all firmware up to date.
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_zhlRrsch8dkK
New
Canada

djiuser_zhlRrsch8dkK Posted at 2-6 11:44
February 6, downtown toronto canada.  clearly in authorization zone, not restricted zone.  I cant unlock zones to fly. error code 30083 restricted zone,  error code 13022 request failed.  all firmware up to date.

got it all sorted with online authorization, thanks tech support
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_CzeNuOAaDNEk
New

United States

I live in a restricted zone and can't fly indoor, do I just return them????? we bought 4 for our company.... USELESS expensive plastic
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_CzeNuOAaDNEk Posted at 4-13 11:15
I live in a restricted zone and can't fly indoor, do I just return them????? we bought 4 for our company.... USELESS expensive plastic

Hi there, we apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the GEO, as long as the GPS can be received, it will recognize the GEO and limit the flight. We understand that in some cases, a user may have special authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone,  you can request Custom Unlocking here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock
2020-4-14
Use props
djiuser_985iGxu22UPZ
New

United States

@Admins: Please read this and help me this weekend if you can.

I live in Los Angeles within the Santa Monica Municipal Airport blue Authorization Zone, and I've had my drone for a few weeks and have been able to fly just fine using the automatic unlocking in the DJI Fly App, UNTIL NOW. Something must have happened with the recent update I installed on Thursday because now I'm getting a GEO Zone restriction (screenshot below) that won't let me take off. It's supposedly due to a temporary flight restriction for the LAA vs CWS baseball game but this makes ZERO SENSE. First of all, I live over 40 miles away from Angel Stadium where this game would have been taking place but the game has been postponed like all sporting events, due to COVID-19.

This is clearly a bug with this recent FlySafe Database software update (version 01.00.01.18) because this temporary flight restriction does not make any sense (1. location of the game is way off from where I am and 2. the baseball game is postponed and the stadium is closed due to the coronavirus).

As far as I know, I'm not able to revert to an older version of the FlySafe database and there is no new update available. I need to use my drone this weekend for a personal project, but I can't because of this buggy limitation. DJI's phone support is only open during the week too, so I'm stuck waiting until Monday to call them. Please help!!!
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_985iGxu22UPZ Posted at 4-25 16:04
@Admins: Please read this and help me this weekend if you can.

I live in Los Angeles within the Santa Monica Municipal Airport blue Authorization Zone, and I've had my drone for a few weeks and have been able to fly just fine using the automatic unlocking in the DJI Fly App, UNTIL NOW. Something must have happened with the recent update I installed on Thursday because now I'm getting a GEO Zone restriction (screenshot below) that won't let me take off. It's supposedly due to a temporary flight restriction for the LAA vs CWS baseball game but this makes ZERO SENSE. First of all, I live over 40 miles away from Angel Stadium where this game would have been taking place but the game has been postponed like all sporting events, due to COVID-19.

Hi there, we apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the temporary unlocking, if the game has been canceled, please email to flysafe@dji.com with the details and the coordinate, the team will confirm and help, thank you.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules