Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.11.19
  • Firmware: v1.3.0.20
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.2.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.2.6
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added ability to create a Motionlapse through photo capture during ActiveTrack in the Ronin app. During Motionlapse capture of a faraway subject such as a building, keep the subject in the same position of the frame during the shot (requires Ronin app v1.2.6 or higher).
  • Added parameter saving feature for the Focus Motor. Calibrating the Focus Motor is not required every time it is powered on, unless you have moved the position of the Focus Motor. Make sure to update the latest firmware for both the Focus Motor and Focus Wheel.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon Z50 cameras with supported Nikkor lenses using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) with the Multi-Camera Control Adapter (Type-C to Micro USB). To use autofocus on the Nikon Z50, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, and autofocus for Panasonic G95 cameras using a RSS control cable for Panasonic (RSS-P). To use autofocus on the Panasonic G95, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added support for using PS4 DualShock and Xbox controllers to control the gimbal and camera. Photo capture, video recording, focus, zoom, profile switch, and gimbal movements can be controlled after connecting the controller to the mobile device and gimbal. Enter the Ronin app and select Create, and then open and stay on the Gaming Controller screen when using the PS4 DualShock controller or Xbox controller to control the gimbal.  The speed and smoothness of the control sticks can be adjusted. Set the focus value within 10 for optimal performance. iOS 13 or higher, Android 9.0 or higher, and Ronin app v1.2.6 or higher are required.

In order to control the gimbal, connect the PS4 DualShock controller or Xbox controller to the mobile device via Bluetooth.  Follow the steps below for Bluetooth connection:

When using a PS4 DualShock controller,
a. Press and hold the power button and the Share button simultaneously. Release them when the indicator on the controller flashes quickly.
b. Enable Bluetooth on the mobile device and select DualShock controller.

When using a Xbox controller,
a. Power on the controller, and press and hold the connect button for three seconds.
b. nable the Bluetooth in the mobile device and select Xbox controller.

Notes:
a. If the gaming controller is connected to a mobile device, press the power button and the controller will automatically connect to the mobile device if the Bluetooth is disconnected. If the gaming controller and the mobile device cannot reconnect, unpair the device on the mobile device and try again.
b. If the PS4 DualShock controller is connected to a mobile device and needs to be connected to a PS4 console, use the USB Cable to reconnect the PS4 controller and the PS4. If the Xbox controller is connected to a mobile device and needs to be reconnected to an Xbox console, use the USB cable or press and hold the power button and the connect button simultaneously to connect the Xbox controller and the Xbox console.
  • Fixed issue: zoom settings on Sony cameras could not be saved after rebooting the gimbal.
  • Fixed issue: focus control failed for Canon EOS series camera.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware through the DJI Ronin app. Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • If Ronin-SC has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens, as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart Ronin-SC and retry

2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Montfrooij and thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice addition
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 12:51
You are very much welcome Montfrooij and thank you for your valued support.

My pleasure!
Thanks for hosting this nice forum
2019-11-20
Use props
Curtis-Randall.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m really excited for this update! I can’t wait to try it out!!
2019-11-20
Use props
raw_dan
lvl.1
Poland

Will it be possible to control via RSS blackmagic pocket 4K: recording and focus ? For me ronin sc and bmpcc4k set works great. Such a possibility would be amazing.
2019-11-20
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It works great on both the Ronin S and SC top job DJI.
2019-11-20
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally a productive use of my son's PS4!  Lol!

I stole it from them this evening and played around with it!  It worked really well.  I just wish you didn't have to have the app open and active all of the time on the phone in order for the game controller to work.

I've got some a couple of use cases I think this would work out really well for!  
2019-11-20
Use props
raw_dan
lvl.1
Czechia

M2Wair Posted at 11-20 15:44
It works great on both the Ronin S and SC top job DJI.

this works well, it would be great if dji combined record and focus with the gimbal. Bmpcc4k has this option. I wonder if they will do it
2019-11-21
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

thanks for the Motionlapse through photo capture during ActiveTrack
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 11-20 03:12
My pleasure!
Thanks for hosting this nice forum

You are very much welcome Montfrooij. Rest assured that we will do our best to continuously make this forum informative and to contentiously help and support all our DJI members. Again Montfrooij thank you for your valued support. .
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 10:13
You are very much welcome Montfrooij. Rest assured that we will do our best to continuously make this forum informative and to contentiously help and support all our DJI members. Again Montfrooij thank you for your valued support.  .

Good to hear!
2019-11-22
Use props
lamproslyr
lvl.2
Greece

guys any help with the motionlapse ? i can't figure it out . is there any guide ? thank you in advance !
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_lEUVmnjpUt7U
New
Sweden

Please add focus and record support for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/6K. It is amazing cameras that is a perfect combination with Ronin S/SC and more and more people are using them. Thank you.
2019-11-28
Use props
Eking In
New

United Arab Emirates

Is Canon Eos M6 Mirrorless supported by Dji ronin-sc? Thank u
2019-11-29
Use props
Eking In
New

United Arab Emirates

Is dji ronin-sc supports CANON EOS M6 MODEL?thank u
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_d0l533vVy7Yt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5640 ft
United States

Please add Focus wheel support  VIA USB C for the New SIGMA FP
Thanks for all you do

Regards, Rick
2019-11-29
Use props
Garifuna
lvl.2
United States

Thanks a lot!
2019-12-12
Use props
Garifuna
lvl.2
United States

Hi, fellows. I am new with the Ronin SC, combined with Panasonic GH5.  When I tried to make tracking, a message asks me, "Please connect dedicated cable to RSS port for this feature."  But different to Ronin S, the SC hasn't RSS port. Maybe this feature is not available on SC, I mean, tracking move via cellphone?  Thanks in advance.
2019-12-12
Use props
Garifuna
lvl.2
United States

Okay. It was just a bad cable connection.
2019-12-12
Use props
fans243ca600
lvl.1
United States

Does the Ronin sc work with Sony nex 7 camera thanks.
2019-12-13
Use props
fans243ca600
lvl.1
United States

Does the Ronin sc work with Sony nex 7 camera thanks.
2019-12-13
Use props
DatVo
lvl.1
Vietnam

Is there anyway that I reset & re-install firmware for Ronin SC . My gimbal can't use the record button &  The retailer in my country said my gimbal have problem with firmware and I have to wait up to 4 week to repair.
Thanks
2019-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules