12Next >
28077 48 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I received my Mini yesterday and flew it indoors for less than 10 minutes.  Then I left it on idle with no propellers on while I was viewing what I recorded.  Then I received a message on the screen about the processor being overheated.  I do not recall the exact message.  I picked it up from the floor, and I turned off the drone and removed the battery.  I noticed that both the bottom of the drone and the battery were extremely hot.  

Is this normal?  
2019-11-19
Use props
cwells
lvl.1

United States

Mine got very hot too while just sitting there.  (Note it was just sitting there because the phone and controller won't connect so I can't fly it. I got no message due to my connection issues, so there is no screen to display on.)

2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For the Overheating message. The Mavic Mini does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on and kept on a flat surface (such as ground or a desk) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the aircraft should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.
2019-11-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 08:29
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For the Overheating message. The Mavic Mini does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on and kept on a flat surface (such as ground or a desk) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the aircraft should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin for the explanation.   
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Joemar7 Posted at 11-19 11:04
Thank you DJI Paladin for the explanation.

You are very much welcome. If you have any other concern or inquiry. Please don't hesitate to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support. Thank you for you valued support.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_lqU0v0sZtOwn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64478 ft
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 08:29
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For the Overheating message. The Mavic Mini does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on and kept on a flat surface (such as ground or a desk) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the aircraft should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.

Even If you don't fly you Mini and keep it idle on the surface, it's battery will become extremely hot.
I can understand that while flying, battery has to supply too much of power to the motor and the board.
But this should not be the case when it is kept idle.
2019-12-18
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

djiuser_lqU0v0sZtOwn Posted at 12-18 02:00
Even If you don't fly you Mini and keep it idle on the surface, it's battery will become extremely hot.
I can understand that while flying, battery has to supply too much of power to the motor and the board.

Batteries get warm but I haven't noticed them to be "extremely" hot.
I guess some airflow for the bottom side is desired.
2019-12-18
Use props
Good guy Biker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459144 ft
Canada

having similar overheating issues
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_lqU0v0sZtOwn Posted at 12-18 02:00
Even If you don't fly you Mini and keep it idle on the surface, it's battery will become extremely hot.

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your insights with regards to this matter. The Mavic Mini does not have a fan, The only way for it dissipate heat is through the bottom of the drone. If the drone is placed on a surface it will affect dissipation of heat from the drone. It is best to turn off the drone and let the temperature drop before using it again. Thank you.

2019-12-19
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Much like a computer, the mini has a method of cooling and that happens to be either not being turned on and idle for extended periods of time or flight. It has no cooling fan to help it if it’s just powered up and sitting on a table or something similar. Yes, it is intended to be able to pull information from or update the firmware via DJI assistant 2, but those things don’t take very long and are ok to do, but not for very long times. If you have a situation where it gets really hot, I would suggest stopping what you are doing and let it cool down. Too many times of overheating can cause some serious problems down the road.

If you are experiencing over heating during a short period of time of being idle or during flight, I would suggest contacting DJI about the issue.

2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_wcXiwnNYt41z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179987 ft
Panama

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-19 08:29
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. For the Overheating message. The Mavic Mini does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on and kept on a flat surface (such as ground or a desk) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the aircraft should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again. Thank you.

hi, one question i ubderstand that we see the message and the shutdown the mavic but what happen ita no shutdown, I want to know if the mavic has a autoshutdown mecanism
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_wcXiwnNYt41z Posted at 1-5 09:26
hi, one question i ubderstand that we see the message and the shutdown the mavic but what happen ita no shutdown, I want to know if the mavic has a autoshutdown mecanism

Hi. Thank you for the additions inquiry. With regards to this matter. The DJI Mavic Mini uses a heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on(about 15 min)and kept on a flat surface (such as ground or a desk) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. In this case, the aircraft should be turned off and kept idle for a while to drop its temperature before using it again.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_kGG7APiaLDHw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41594 ft
El Salvador

I purchased a Mavic Mini in January 14th in El Salvador. The dealer is Latitude Sports. The first time I configured the drone, it sent me the processor overheating message that you explained before.
When I went to fly it in a wind speed 6 m/s and ambient temperature 22⁰ Celsius, the battery temperature reached 41.8⁰ Celsius in 12 minutes flight time and the video quality degraded notably. I suspended the flight. Flying indoors with the propeller guards the temperature reach 63.5⁰C in 15 minutes flight time, with 22⁰C ambient temperature and zero wind. I sent the Mini to the dealer and they say that this is a normal operating temperature. In fact, they got 46.8⁰ C flying it at 25-27⁰C and 6 m/s wind speed.
I am afraid of that, when I fly the drone over people or properties.
The temperature is much higher than the manual states and the video quality is compromised above 40⁰C
What do I have to do??
Thanks in advance
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_kGG7APiaLDHw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41594 ft
El Salvador

I purchased a Mavic Mini in January 14th in El Salvador. The dealer is Latitude Sports. The first time I configured the drone, it sent me the processor overheating message that you explained before.
When I went to fly it in a wind speed 6 m/s and ambient temperature 22⁰ Celsius, the battery temperature reached 41.8⁰ Celsius in 12 minutes flight time and the video quality degraded notably. I suspended the flight. Flying indoors with the propeller guards the temperature reach 63.5⁰C in 15 minutes flight time, with 22⁰C ambient temperature and zero wind. I sent the Mini to the dealer and they say that this is a normal operating temperature. In fact, they got 46.8⁰ C flying it at 25-27⁰C and 6 m/s wind speed.
I am afraid of that, when I fly the drone over people or properties.
The temperature is much higher than the manual states and the video quality is compromised above 40⁰C
What do I have to do??
Thanks in advance
2020-1-27
Use props
Leafs299
New

Canada

Hello, Can DJI then please make it so we can use a DJI program on both MAC and Windows so we can remove SD card from the drone and use it on a desktop to edit therefore we don't have to get the drone into a possible overheating scenario when downloaded and working on large files?
2020-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Leafs299 Posted at 3-27 12:33
Hello, Can DJI then please make it so we can use a DJI program on both MAC and Windows so we can remove SD card from the drone and use it on a desktop to edit therefore we don't have to get the drone into a possible overheating scenario when downloaded and working on large files?

Really? There are about a million editing programs out there for Windows and Mac, why on earth would DJI go to the trouble of creating another?
2020-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Leafs299 Posted at 3-27 12:33
Hello, Can DJI then please make it so we can use a DJI program on both MAC and Windows so we can remove SD card from the drone and use it on a desktop to edit therefore we don't have to get the drone into a possible overheating scenario when downloaded and working on large files?

You can remove the SD card, pop it in your computer and copy to your hard drive already.
There is no need to transfer files from the drone with a cable at all.
Using a cable is much slower anyway.
2020-3-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-27 16:07
You can remove the SD card, pop it in your computer and copy to your hard drive already.
There is no need to transfer files from the drone with a cable at all.
Using a cable is much slower anyway.

Absolutely. And there is also no need to power on the MM that way. And you shouldn't even have power on while removing the card anyway.
2020-3-27
Use props
IjamJamal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8678 ft
Malaysia

hi, for the 1st time flight, and become like this.  is it normal?
2020-4-14
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Of course is not normal... is it melted ? Has it been warped or impacted ? What is it ? Does it come from the battery underneath ?

To play safe while reviewing the footage on the MM... not something that I would advise but possible, I'd mount the prop. guard and start the motors with CSC. At that point the airflow is plenty enough and the processor will happily stay cool during the process, the battery usage is low on idling.
2020-4-15
Use props
IjamJamal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8678 ft
Malaysia

m80116 Posted at 4-15 05:36
Of course is not normal... is it melted ? Has it been warped or impacted ? What is it ? Does it come from the battery underneath ?

To play safe while reviewing the footage on the MM... not something that I would advise but possible, I'd mount the prop. guard and start the motors with CSC. At that point the airflow is plenty enough and the processor will happily stay cool during the process, the battery usage is low on idling.

yes. look like melted. not only outside but under battery cover too

2020-4-29
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

There's nothing there that can melt plastics. Contacts heat up is not a plausible source. The damage must be pre-existing or was not originated from within the MM, otherwise the heat warped area would have been more extensive un possibly atop something capable of releasing so much heat (ESC driver, heat shields above the chipset).

2020-4-29
Use props
Destry Lack
lvl.1
United States

I've noticed that my mini overheats a  little as well and I don't get even 15 min of flight time! I'm about to return thi crap.  
2020-5-10
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

How unbrilliant have you been to end up buying this crap ?

Overheating is a NON-ISSUE: if one really has to review and download footage directly from the drone to the MD all it takes to dissipate the heat build up is to start the motors with CSC. 15 mins of flight time suggest an improper use... AC overload or cage use. Might be a faulty battery but I don't trust people spending on crap, I've never paid for it.
2020-5-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are leaving it powered up and idling why not direct the output of a fan on to it, I do the same thing with a P3 Adv when down loading logs etc.
2020-5-10
Use props
dragon8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24741 ft
Canada

Lost Mavic mini DJI care refresh
I contacted dji support since last Friday July 3rd. I lost my mini after errors on the log...camera heating up. Processor heating up. Lost connection. RTH stopped working and mini disappeared in mid air as shown on the flight log . I also purchased the DJI care refresh. I have only 1.7 hr and 3 km approx. Flight time. Basically new MM. So why DJI support is not honoring the replacement due to HARDWARE FAILURES?
The overheating happened shortly after takeoff. An error message appeared on the my mobile thru DJI fly app: Camera overheated camera shutting down.  Then a second message that processor is overheating and i immediately after this message ( i made screen shots btw) i lost contact with the MM. RTH didnt work because i lost connectivity.  I hope Zoey will have some good news for me tomorrow and send me a replacement of the MM with a battery and a micro SDcard. Thank you
2020-7-20
Use props
fansa60f78d0
New

United States

Bought a brand new mavic air 2 and it overheats within 5 minutes of flying and goes automatically in to landing Home mode...
2020-7-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

You should ask on the MA2 forum. I can only speculate it's a production issue, like some thermal pads not touching the heat sink.
2020-7-28
Use props
dwoods
lvl.1
United States

just bought a mavic mini, first test run (series of very short flights, all within a few minutes of each other) went well, controls are great and it's very responsive, video is good quality, etc. Brought it out today for it's second test run and it overheats within about three minutes and gave me the same error messages as described above. I parked it immediately and am giving it time to cool, but it seemed to happen egregiously fast for a brand new aircraft. Please advise.

Update: Flew it again after it cooled down, no issues heat-wise but i would definitely say flight time is easily half of what was advertised. Hmm. Not promising.
2020-7-28
Use props
fansa60f78d0
New

United States

dwoods Posted at 7-28 14:58
just bought a mavic mini, first test run (series of very short flights, all within a few minutes of each other) went well, controls are great and it's very responsive, video is good quality, etc. Brought it out today for it's second test run and it overheats within about three minutes and gave me the same error messages as described above. I parked it immediately and am giving it time to cool, but it seemed to happen egregiously fast for a brand new aircraft. Please advise.

Update: Flew it again after it cooled down, no issues heat-wise but i would definitely say flight time is easily half of what was advertised. Hmm. Not promising.

Same issue here as well
2020-7-29
Use props
dwoods
lvl.1
United States

fansa60f78d0 Posted at 7-29 03:23
Same issue here as well

update: after cycling the battery a few times by flying the mini till nearly completely drained then charging it fully the flight time issue seems to have cleared up and i'm getting about 20 minutes or so in the air at a time now, which is a dramatic improvement, so it might be an issue with the batteries just sitting unused on the shelf for so long until purchased
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_CjEqPWgNfGYF
New
United States

Start beeping function only works for about 10 or 15 minutes to find your drone. I found this out while testing what would happen if my drone went down due to low battery. Because the battery will get hot while beeping, the Drone shuts itself down.

That is unfortunate because you will only have 10 to 15 minutes to find your drone before a hot battery and hot motors will shut it down
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_T4oH6UryGZkE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95354 ft
United States

I just purchased the fly more combo Dji mini2 I absolutely love this drone.The only problem I’m running  into with the mini2 is when at idle flying or flying in slow mode my live video start turning purple and start becoming pixelated, but when I move the camera up or down really quick or switch into camera or recording it’s stops but will come back at least two or three times per flight and this is without an U3 Sandusky extreme 64gb micro SD card but no mater if I use a SD card it will do it.  I need help
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_GVR3qteYnTnA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581719 ft
United States

This is borderline ridiculous. DJI is the only Chinese company that I think has true innovation and I thought it built industry leading products but I guess I was wrong. An aircraft that overheats when it is doing nothing?  That sounds ridiculously unacceptable. Come on man, Elon is landing people on the moon and building a Martian colony, I’m sure in 2021, we can make a crappy cheap drone not overheat just by being turned on and sitting there!
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_GVR3qteYnTnA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581719 ft
United States

This is borderline ridiculous. DJI is the only Chinese company that I think has true innovation and I thought it built industry leading products but I guess I was wrong. An aircraft that overheats when it is doing nothing?  That sounds ridiculously unacceptable. Come on man, Elon is landing people on the moon and building a Martian colony, I’m sure in 2021, we can make a crappy cheap drone not overheat just by being turned on and sitting there!
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_eX1u8pzHQNjF
New

United Kingdom

My first DJI Mini SE I applied the firmware update to it, and that appeared to me to result in the processor overheat issue inside 5-10 minutes of just doing pre-flight checks and in 75 degree air temp.  I got my Mini SE replaced with the reseller and have tested it without applying any firmware update and 30 minutes and no processor or other heat issues at all - the battery temp remained 32-33.  I have written DJI to inquire about this, as I don't intend to update the firmware until DJI support can actually make a proper statement about this including fixing the firmware update to avoid processor overclocking or whatever else is causing the issue with the latest firmware.   And BTW with my first Mini SE I first contacted DJI chat support, and all they could tell me is to send it into DJI for testing...  no thank you - I got it replaced, and am avoiding firmware updates until they can guarantee they have tested this issue.  Meanwhile my personal opinion for new Mini SE users is to avoid the firmware update until  you have first done pre-flight checks and let it sit for 30 min and determine no processor or other overheat conditions, and then if you update the firmware and see if the issue starts after that - then you can RMA it to your reseller, and avoid firmware after that until DJI comes forward about it.

2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_F69ygHLrhcqP
New

South Africa

Hello, I just wanted to find out if it is normal for a DJI mavic mini's camera to get hot?
2022-3-4
Use props
djiuser_recPmqwJmUSC
New

United States

Just bought my Dji  mini 2 today it overheated in 2 min ! Wasted about 800 on this drone extremely disappointed with product !
2022-3-5
Use props
Walter T70
New
Flight distance : 197421 ft
United States

DJI Mavic Air 2S Overheating Problem (30135)

DJI Magic Air 2S
Interesting episode of events today.  I was flying the drone today and after flying for maybe 10 minutes, I received a low battery warning.  Battery Meter on the phone said 30 minutes battery life but the drone would return and land in 8 minutes.
I controlled the drone back to “home” (canceled auto RTH function) and as I was trying to make the drone land, the drone seemed to go into auto land mode and start to fly away from “home”.  I successfully landed the drone.  
Then I powered the drone down and changed batteries powered up again and received the error message “Aircraft processor chip overheating (Code: 30135)".
Ambient temp was 58°F with overcast skies (no sunshine), little wind, and no rain.
The Drone has been powered off without the battery and the SD card for 15 minutes and is now cool to touch.
I have installed a new battery, powered up the Magic Air 2S and continue to get the same error (30135) and the drone begins to get warm to the touch on the body behind the camera gimble.
I also noticed this time that the cooling fans do not come on.
Please advise how to proceed.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_Lb8MdB5TTlIb
New
Flight distance : 9140 ft
Australia

Hi, is it possible to sync photos and videos taken from DJI mini SE to an IPhone X automatically? If yes can someone please tell me how.
2022-6-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules