Phantom 4 Pro Keeps losing GPS signal
11466 27 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grequa
lvl.1
United States

Almost every time I fly my P4P, I end up at some point having to fly in ATTI mode due to loss of GPS signal. It goes in and out of ATTI mode.   I downloaded the flight log from my last flight and errors were:
GPS communication error. Please restart the aircraft.
Satellite Positioning Off. Fly with caution
GPS Position NoMatch
GPS disconnected.

2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that  your DJI Phantom 4 Pro has caused. Prior from this GPS issue, did the drone had any hard landing or crash?  I would recommend please try to do a Compass calibration to isolate issue and can you please try to fly the said drone to a different location to see if the will still persists. If issue still persists please try to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2. In addition, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom ) for the DJI Assistant 2 for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and an official DJI Tutorial Video. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-11-19
Use props
grequa
lvl.1
United States

I have done all that you mentioned and still goes into ATTI mode within a minute or so of flight.  I recalibrated the compass, reinstalled the last update

It does this every time i fly now.  I dont remember any hard landings and no crashes.  I always fly in a different location.  

Please advise.  
2019-11-20
Use props
Ultraprod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459859 ft
Switzerland

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with my Phantom 4 pro !!! I already do all steps and the problem is always the same:

-Compas calibration OK
-IMU calibration OK
-Firmware downgrade and upgrade OK
-Connection to dji assistant 2 OK
-Remote controller calibration OK

What can we do? We need an answer please!!
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

grequa Posted at 11-20 18:56
I have done all that you mentioned and still goes into ATTI mode within a minute or so of flight.  I recalibrated the compass, reinstalled the last update

It does this every time i fly now.  I dont remember any hard landings and no crashes.  I always fly in a different location.  

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, in this case, I may suggest that you send in the drone for diagnosis. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ultraprod Posted at 12-6 06:10
Hello, I have exactly the same problem with my Phantom 4 pro !!! I already do all steps and the problem is always the same:

-Compas calibration OK

I am sorry for the issue, as you had tried to troubleshoot the issue, I may suggest that you send in the drone for diagnosis. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back so we can help. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you.
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_iLTAXFTcIZ9y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354646 ft
United States

I have a brand phantom 4 pro V2 that won’t acquire satellites until I’m im hover for 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions?  Tried to calibrate IMU but got stuck on step 2
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_iLTAXFTcIZ9y Posted at 7-6 21:38
I have a brand phantom 4 pro V2 that won’t acquire satellites until I’m im hover for 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions?  Tried to calibrate IMU but got stuck on step 2

Hi, sorry to read about your issue. Please ensure that you start the drone in open areas, different weather may affect the satellites' collection time.
Regarding the IMU calibration, you may refer to the tutorial below, remember to put the drone correctly while calibrating. See if this helps.
2021-7-6
Use props
fans30ba0a80
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same issue with both my Phantom 4 Advanced and my Phantom 4 Pro, these issues started a few months back and I have sent both units back numerous times, DJI can find nothing wrong with them, I would like to try reverting to a previous firmware but am unable to find any to download.
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans30ba0a80 Posted at 8-9 04:30
I have the same issue with both my Phantom 4 Advanced and my Phantom 4 Pro, these issues started a few months back and I have sent both units back numerous times, DJI can find nothing wrong with them, I would like to try reverting to a previous firmware but am unable to find any to download.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us more details of the issue? May I confirm that are you referring to the GPS issue mentioned above? And please also tell us your current firmware version.
2021-8-9
Use props
George M1
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same issue with both my P4 Advanced and my P4 Pro, they both flew great, no problems, then, about 6 or more months ago they became unusable, they constantly lose GPS, IMU and Compass, they will fly away if you are not careful.  I fly a lot under Pix4D, and they fly in loops, or get to a corner and just stop, or when flying down lines drift or just keep going at the end of the lines.  I have sent them both to DJI for repairs at least 3 times each and each time I am told there is nothing wrong.
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

George M1 Posted at 10-27 08:46
I have the same issue with both my P4 Advanced and my P4 Pro, they both flew great, no problems, then, about 6 or more months ago they became unusable, they constantly lose GPS, IMU and Compass, they will fly away if you are not careful.  I fly a lot under Pix4D, and they fly in loops, or get to a corner and just stop, or when flying down lines drift or just keep going at the end of the lines.  I have sent them both to DJI for repairs at least 3 times each and each time I am told there is nothing wrong.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered. Could you provide us with screenshots of the error message? Please calibrate the IMU and ensure that you fly the drone in open areas. Thanks.
2021-10-28
Use props
Brett Delarios
lvl.1

United States

I too now have an issue with my P4P losing a GPS signal. Seems like this issue started sometime in 2021. I too have updated my firmware, compass and sensors. I’m on the latest firmware and app updates and have the latest geofencing update on both on my P4P and transmitter. Very, vert frustrating that there isn’t a fix or a true explanation to what is going on. Hard to believe the the GPS modules are all failing….
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brett Delarios Posted at 4-3 17:27
I too now have an issue with my P4P losing a GPS signal. Seems like this issue started sometime in 2021. I too have updated my firmware, compass and sensors. I’m on the latest firmware and app updates and have the latest geofencing update on both on my P4P and transmitter. Very, vert frustrating that there isn’t a fix or a true explanation to what is going on. Hard to believe the the GPS modules are all failing….

Hi there, we are sorry to read about your issue. Please be advised that the GPS needs to work in an open outdoor space, please check whether there are buildings nearby and whether anything has been attached to the aircraft in combination with the aircraft status indicators.
Please also confirm whether the aircraft has been involved in a crash. Go to an open outdoor environment and wait for several minutes. If the satellites cannot be searched (without satellites and signals), we recommend that you send the drone for further diagnosis and service.
Please start an online service request at  https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair and send it back. Thank you.
2022-4-3
Use props
Brett Delarios
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 20:10
Hi there, we are sorry to read about your issue. Please be advised that the GPS needs to work in an open outdoor space, please check whether there are buildings nearby and whether anything has been attached to the aircraft in combination with the aircraft status indicators.
Please also confirm whether the aircraft has been involved in a crash. Go to an open outdoor environment and wait for several minutes. If the satellites cannot be searched (without satellites and signals), we recommend that you send the drone for further diagnosis and service.
Please start an online service request at  https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair and send it back. Thank you.

Thank you for the response DJI. I am a very experienced pilot and have over 9 years experience flying DJI drones and this is definitely and issue with the the P4P. I encountered this problem in an open area (without any buildings) and this issue occurred with both an iPhone 12 Pro and a DJI Crystalsky monitor. Yes, I can send my drone in for service but I’m concerned that DJI won’t find anything wrong and send it back like others have experienced…
2022-4-5
Use props
Brett Delarios
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 20:10

Thank you for the response DJI. I am a very experienced pilot and have over 9 years experience flying DJI drones and this is definitely and issue with the the P4P. I encountered this problem in an open area (without any buildings) and this issue occurred with both an iPhone 12 Pro and a DJI Crystalsky monitor. Yes, I can send my drone in for service but I’m concerned that DJI won’t find anything wrong and send it back like others have experienced…
2022-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Brett Delarios Posted at 4-5 18:09

Please rest assured that our team will send you an email update with the damage assessment result. You can also provide us with the case number after you send it back for diagnosis. We will also help follow up.
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg
New
Jamaica

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-5 20:08
Please rest assured that our team will send you an email update with the damage assessment result. You can also provide us with the case number after you send it back for diagnosis. We will also help follow up.

Good day,

I have been experiencing this same issue with my phantom 4 pro V2 where it keep losing gps signal mid flight and switching to atti mode. I did a firmware update, compass calibration, downgrade to factory default and i still have the same issue. The instrument has not received any sudden shock such as falling and hitting any obstruction during flight.

This really seems to be a manufactures defect based on the reviews i’ve been seeing online and i really find it unfair that DJI havent really made any effort to address this issue so that users can know what exactly is the issue.
I am at the point where i just want to know if i can have it exchanged for another drone such as the Mavic series because because i would not like to have it “repaired” and experience the same problem down the line given that this is specifically a P4P defect
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg
New
Jamaica

djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg Posted at 10-6 09:18
Good day,

I have been experiencing this same issue with my phantom 4 pro V2 where it keep losing gps signal mid flight and switching to atti mode. I did a firmware update, compass calibration, downgrade to factory default and i still have the same issue. The instrument has not received any sudden shock such as falling and hitting any obstruction during flight.

I reached out to the customer care live chat on the App multiple times and havent received any valuable response. I tried calling the number provided and nothing. So this is my only available option left to get answers. I eagerly await an early response.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg Posted at 10-6 09:21
I reached out to the customer care live chat on the App multiple times and havent received any valuable response. I tried calling the number provided and nothing. So this is my only available option left to get answers. I eagerly await an early response.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. For your issue, may we know did you have screen recordings? Also,  were the GPS signals strong enough when it is on the ground before the aircraft took off?  Please move to another place without signal interference and obstructions to have a try. Further, please make sure the environmental light is sufficient and check your vision system as well.
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg
New
Jamaica

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-6 21:03
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. For your issue, may we know did you have screen recordings? Also,  were the GPS signals strong enough when it is on the ground before the aircraft took off?  Please move to another place without signal interference and obstructions to have a try. Further, please make sure the environmental light is sufficient and check your vision system as well.

There weren’t any screen recordings. I have tried all of the above and still the same problem. The gps signal comes on and off when on ground. It will start off showing that it is receiving signal from 10 satellites and might increase to 14/16 and then None
2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg Posted at 10-7 15:18
There weren’t any screen recordings. I have tried all of the above and still the same problem. The gps signal comes on and off when on ground. It will start off showing that it is receiving signal from 10 satellites and might increase to 14/16 and then None

Then, we would recommend you wait for more time or hover at 20-meter height and see whether the GPS signal will be increased and remain strong. If the issue persists, you may submit an online repair request and then send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg
New
Jamaica

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-7 20:34
Then, we would recommend you wait for more time or hover at 20-meter height and see whether the GPS signal will be increased and remain strong. If the issue persists, you may submit an online repair request and then send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

I already tried that and its the samething. Signal drops and then it switches to atti mode
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg Posted at 10-8 04:26
I already tried that and its the samething. Signal drops and then it switches to atti mode

For this situation, you are advised to send it back for further testing.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg
New
Jamaica

DJI Thor Posted at 10-8 04:40
For this situation, you are advised to send it back for further testing.

About a week ago i had one long back and forth with a customer rep of DJI’s about the fact that i will have face the cost of shipping the product plus the cost for whatever repairs because “warranty period has passed”. The fact that this seems to be a manufacturers defect (given that a few other persons seems to be having the same issue) i find it very unreasonable that any customer should incur additional cost to ship and repair despite it being outside the warranty period. For that reason i wont even waste my time and funds to send it to DJI just so they could possibly tell me there isn’t an issue like they told another guy a saw online with similar complaints. If the discussion isn't about replacing the product or a free of charge diagnosis and repair, i rather to try a local repair person or just simply switch to another brand drone. DJI has failed on this one. Can’t be selling such expensive-defective products and not make better provisions for their customers.
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_z1b6suzwl3Cg Posted at 10-15 09:03
About a week ago i had one long back and forth with a customer rep of DJI’s about the fact that i will have face the cost of shipping the product plus the cost for whatever repairs because “warranty period has passed”. The fact that this seems to be a manufacturers defect (given that a few other persons seems to be having the same issue) i find it very unreasonable that any customer should incur additional cost to ship and repair despite it being outside the warranty period. For that reason i wont even waste my time and funds to send it to DJI just so they could possibly tell me there isn’t an issue like they told another guy a saw online with similar complaints. If the discussion isn't about replacing the product or a free of charge diagnosis and repair, i rather to try a local repair person or just simply switch to another brand drone. DJI has failed on this one. Can’t be selling such expensive-defective products and not make better provisions for their customers.

Thanks for the update.
We are sorry that because your case is over the warranty period, we can not offer you the free service, but if you need any support that we can help with, please let us know here anytime, and we will do our best to help.Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-15
Use props
midegeospatial
New

Nigeria

i have been having the same issues with my p4p. this is really unfair, if dji isnt doing anything about it. my drone almost got lost today because of failure in gps signal
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

midegeospatial Posted at 3-22 20:16
i have been having the same issues with my p4p. this is really unfair, if dji isnt doing anything about it. my drone almost got lost today because of failure in gps signal

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? May I ask if the GPS signal is strong before flying but lost after take-off or do you mean the GPS signal is strong when hovering but lost once the stick on the remote controller is pushed?
2023-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules