Cold weather, cold drone - getting back indoor - condensation?
832 4 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Hi DJI freaks!

after my first flights of my MM in cold temperatures outside and getting back in. i ask myself if i should wait before turning the MM on or even just getting it out of my case because of condensation ?
has anybody experienced this oder destroyed the electronics from this ?
maybe i am just a little bit to worried but i dont want to screw up my lovely new toy

2019-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best to let it come up to room temperature if youve left it out in the cold, if youve just been flying it should be fairly warm anyway.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

This is a know issue with any camera equipment, of course if its too cold or humid is not ideal to fly, but in general it happens that once you move to  a new location you must get your camera and lenses to adapt to the new environment/temperature, otherwise you get pretty bad condensation.

I shoot in very humid caves and this is always an issue, you just need to open camera bag and wait for 30 minutes. With Gopro you must get them out of plastic case, with the MINI I guess the gimbal protection off too.

I'm in souther spain is horrible weather... charged batteries all checked but no fly for me, too cold and humid with randome rains...
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_r0Yi2qizZww0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285518 ft
United States

As with photography, I will put my camera in a plastic bag before I come back inside from the cold. This lets the condensation form on the bag and not the lens. This  should work as well with the drone.
2019-11-20
Use props
neilfisher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385243 ft
Canada

Shameless plug of my own content... but it should help you in this situation.

https://youtu.be/cjov6toYh2I
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules