Mavic Mini - Who Designed This Battery Release?
1361 15 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe its me but these batteries were not designed very well. Its rather difficult to press the release in. Its so small and recessed. Plus not really a good way to grab at the same time as pushing. Should be a pinch and squeeze type mechanism. Something you could pull while squeezing. The way it tapers down makes it hard to grasp.   

DJI MM Battery.jpg
DJI MM Battery.jpg
2019-11-19
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

Yep...i found it hard at first....but you get used to it.
2019-11-19
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 11-19 11:14
Yep...i found it hard at first....but you get used to it.

I got the hang of it but its still a bad design especially when its cold. It's in the 30s here.  
2019-11-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Shantok Posted at 11-19 11:32
I got the hang of it but its still a bad design especially when its cold. It's in the 30s here.

Agreeed !!
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the battery hub for the DJI Mavic Mini, It is designed for the battery to be well secured while charging. Since your having issues with the release function of the said battery charging hub. Rest assured I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your insights and thank you for your support.
2019-11-19
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 12:18
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the battery hub for the DJI Mavic Mini, It is designed for the battery to be well secured while charging. Since your having issues with the release function of the said battery charging hub. Rest assured I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your insights and thank you for your support.

Thanks for the reply. I get that they wanted it to be secured but would have been nice if they added about a millimeter or two to the release and a bit of a nub to grip the battery.  Also it's 2019 why did they choose micro USB. USB C please. Otherwise I think the system is great.
2019-11-19
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Shantok Posted at 11-19 16:40
Thanks for the reply. I get that they wanted it to be secured but would have been nice if they added about a millimeter or two to the release and a bit of a nub to grip the battery.  Also it's 2019 why did they choose micro USB. USB C please. Otherwise I think the system is great.

In response to Micro usb vs USB-c, Micro usb ports are lighter than USB-c ports
2019-11-19
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

You got to take into account that not everyone uses type C micro USB. Majority of the population is still in the old style micro USB.
2019-11-19
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

I use the edge of a quarter as I don't have the fingernails of a witch. It's not a good design.
2019-11-19
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tim1985 Posted at 11-19 17:18
You got to take into account that not everyone uses type C micro USB. Majority of the population is still in the old style micro USB.

Not sure if its still the majority. Its a more robust connector and handles more current.  Some may still be using micro but no new phones or tablets have it. Its only a matter of time before all devices are using it. Even the Ipad pro are using it now. Sony and others is using it on their cameras. They make plenty of USB to whatever cables anyway.
2019-11-19
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-19 17:12
In response to Micro usb vs USB-c, Micro usb ports are lighter than USB-c ports

Less than a 1/4 gr difference may have made a difference but the durability sucks on Micro USB. I never used the connection on my other Mavics. After all they could not charge via USB but this can.  There is no USB A on the controller so finding a Micro USB to Lightening , USB C or USB Micro to USB Micro is harder to find.   
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Shantok Posted at 11-19 16:40

You are very much welcome and thank you for the additional information. With regards to your suggestion for the DJI Mavic Mini charging hub, we will forward this information  to our DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Chinese, to answer your question. A race of mostly smaller people with smaller hands ...
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shantok Posted at 11-19 17:51
Not sure if its still the majority. Its a more robust connector and handles more current.  Some may still be using micro but no new phones or tablets have it. Its only a matter of time before all devices are using it. Even the Ipad pro are using it now. Sony and others is using it on their cameras. They make plenty of USB to whatever cables anyway.

If the connector and cable is made with current in mind, micro usb can handle just as much current as usb c to be honest. In fact the charging cables that come with the MM combo are micro usb and the current for that is pretty stout when used with the quick charge brick that the combo also comes with.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I have small fingers, but like someone else said when its cold I don't even know if I am pressing on it or not.
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve been dreading this myself. I’m a big man with big hands and I just had to have a mini, LOL
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules