10167 10 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moyang_mm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170620 ft
United States

Hi,

I am thrilled to have Mavic mini arrived at my door. However, it didn't come with a USB charger, since I didn't purchase the fly more combo. The fly more combo has a 18W charger, but that DJI 18w charger is not for sale separately. I wonder which kind of charger is compatible to Mavic mini? I tried the Anker 18W 3Amp QuickCharge 3.0 USB Wall Charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But for some reason it is even slower than 5v/2a regular ones. I am using the USB cable comes with the drone so it's definitely not a cable problem....

Can someone recommand a compatible charger for me? Thanks!
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, Mavic Mini supports up to 24W chargers. It is recommended to use an 18W-charger, which will take 90 minutes approximately to fully charge a battery.
2019-11-20
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

They are OOS but just buy the hub instead of chasing down a charger that works. You will end up with more batteries anyway. They had the chargers for sale that come with the combo but they took them down. Probably sold out the first day from people just like you.
2019-11-20
Use props
moyang_mm
lvl.2
United States

BobB Posted at 11-20 03:38
They are OOS but just buy the hub instead of chasing down a charger that works. You will end up with more batteries anyway. They had the chargers for sale that come with the combo but they took them down. Probably sold out the first day from people just like you.

The hub takes micro-USB input, so I still need to find a charger for the hub.
2019-11-20
Use props
moyang_mm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 03:18
Hi there, Mavic Mini supports up to 24W chargers. It is recommended to use an 18W-charger, which will take 90 minutes approximately to fully charge a battery.

OK, but should I use QuickCharge 2.0 or QuickCharge 3.0, or something else? Standard USB chargers can only support up to 12W.
2019-11-20
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

moyang_mm Posted at 11-20 07:55
The hub takes micro-USB input, so I still need to find a charger for the hub.

Sorry i thought the charger came with the hub? I guess not...
2019-11-20
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

I purchased a 6 port USB wall outlet charger, and another one for use with 12 volt socket.

I'm currently Quick Charging my controller, and MM on the two 3.0QC ports, as well as charging the hub and tablet with two of the four 2.4 ports. Key Power Quick Charge 3.0 Wall Charger, 60W 6-Port USB Fast Charger Desktop Charging Station

Purchased this 12v socket charger for use in the jeep, but I haven't tested it yet Car Charger, 96W Quick Charge USB Cars Charger Adapter, 12V-24V Multi Ports QC 3.0 USB Auto Chargers Splitter Fast Charging

Purchase the hub if you purchase more batteries.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

moyang_mm Posted at 11-20 07:56
OK, but should I use QuickCharge 2.0 or QuickCharge 3.0, or something else? Standard USB chargers can only support up to 12W.

Both QuickCharge 2.0 or QuickCharge 3 are fine, 12W can also be used to charge the battery, but it will be very slow. We recommend to use the 18W charger.
2019-11-21
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

apple ipad charger will work (12w).  But it’s not fast.  Took me about 2 hours to charge from 2 bars to 4.
2019-11-22
Use props
TC2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330151 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I bought a Mavic Mini Fly More Combo, Anatel (not FCC) in Brazil. Despite the advertisement on the Dji website saying that it comes with the charger, it didn't come. I looked at the manual that comes in it, and it is reported that in some countries the combo charger is not provided in it.

My experience with Samsung S line  and Apple Iphone USB chargers.>

I tested two original Samsung Fast chargers that came with the Glaxy S6 and an S8, but neither managed to charge the hub. I put a USB charger on the iphone / Apple, it worked, but it took a long time. To charge the three batteries, one was empty, one with 2/4 charge and the other with 3/4 charge, it took from 8: 30h AM to 05: 00h PM. Too slow ! So... No way... I bought Dji's 18W charger. I hope it doesn't take that long! I saw in the Dji Hub, that the input powers can vary from 5V ~ 2A = 10W, 9V ~ 2A = 18W to 12V ~ 2A = 24W.  The Dji manual indicates to use the 18W. It will be faster? Using the 24W USB charger, will the charging be faster than the 18W? Will using the 24W USB Charger, the battery life be shorter?
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_bqEvYZYftplI
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-20 03:18

Why is a 18w recommend? Will the battery life be affected if a 24W charger is used?
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules