5732 27 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The feed is so garbage on the Inspire 1 Pro.  It's so much worse than the Spark and P4PV2.0.  I need a solution so I've looked into this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32621560291.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.78604c4dn5YoCW

2019-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Theres a company in the US that will upgrade the remote for you - https://flyhighusa.com/product/m ... tom-remote-control/
2019-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2019-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 03:12
Theres a company in the US that will upgrade the remote for you - https://flyhighusa.com/product/modded-dji-inspire-and-phantom-remote-control/

I can do it myself.  : )
2019-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 12:49
I can do it myself.  : )

sure,  just sharing options.
2019-11-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 01:30
sure,  just sharing options.

Because if you let someone else do it, you don't know if they've done it right.  If you have all the blueprints and equipment to get it done right, it can get done 100% perfect as you can do it with Rolex assembly quality meticulously spending a lot of time in certain things that other people would just rush through, get it done too tight or too loose and move on to the next work order that when something goes wrong down the road, it's on you and not them.  One good other example is when the oil drain plug is on Way too tight.  I always get worried about stripping the plug.  You don't have to make it super tight but for liability reasons, they torque it Way down.  If you can't get it out you are f*.  If you look at the way paint is around and in commercial buildings, some people did a slop job with it.  It just takes a bit more time and effort to make it really nice but people don't do it.  Even with their own stuff, some people don't do it.  Just do a hack job that is good enough and move on to other things they care more about.  I understand that's ok but when you get it done right in the beginning, at least with some or most things in life, it can remain that way forever which is the best things I like to involve in.  Not things that require somewhat of perfection every single time such as stocking shelves.  Every job I do, it gets done right unless it's the first time because usually, something will go wrong.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for posting this video. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend to install any third party accessories or booster to your DJI drones or DJI remote controllers. This accessories might affect the performance of the said drone and remote controller when in use. For additional information, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer ) for the warranty. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.

2019-11-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-22 09:14
Hi. Thank you for posting this video. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend to install any third party accessories or booster to your DJI drones or DJI remote controllers. This accessories might affect the performance of the said drone and remote controller when in use. For additional information, I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer ) for the warranty. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.

[view_image]

It's a used Inspire 1.  The feed quality not so far out is garbage.  It's like being 1500m out w/ the M2 over Heavy wifi at 150m.  Modification must be done.  The feed drops down to 360p or lower.  Flight confidence becomes non-existence and the Inspire 1 becomes nothing by a model to look at and nothing else.
2019-11-23
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-23 03:40
It's a used Inspire 1.  The feed quality not so far out is garbage.  It's like being 1500m out w/ the M2 over Heavy wifi at 150m.  Modification must be done.  The feed drops down to 360p or lower.  Flight confidence becomes non-existence and the Inspire 1 becomes nothing by a model to look at and nothing else.

you probably will still be disappointed with the range if you are looking for occusinc type performance, just will not do it, I've done a mile and change, the problem is then with our batteries as they will not last as long as a magic's either.
This video is with the Titan switch system and whip antenna, there are other antenas available with longer range and I can attest to a more solid connection, just haven't done long range flights.
2019-11-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interestingly enough, I'm doing 1.5 - 2.0 km range flights with my Inspire 1 Pro and stock RC, having solid video feed all the time.  
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 11-23 03:40

Hi. Thank you for sharing you insights with regards to this matter. Have a safe flight always.
2019-11-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 11-24 14:04
you probably will still be disappointed with the range if you are looking for occusinc type performance, just will not do it, I've done a mile and change, the problem is then with our batteries as they will not last as long as a magic's either.
This video is with the Titan switch system and whip antenna, there are other antenas available with longer range and I can attest to a more solid connection, just haven't done long range flights.

Right, that is insane range compared to anything I have.  I get feed breakup even at 200m.  It drops down to 360p or worse.
2019-11-25
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The inspire 1 did 7.6 miles or 12km on stock antenna and no booster in august of 2015.. you'll still see the video on that.

Basically Dji kept detuning the radio through firmware. Initially because of regulations. And then they even made it worse on the last firmware. Yes you can still get maybe 5km but it has to be in perfect condition and your antenna must be in line of sight of the drone.

Apparently they did not do the same detuning on other dji models.
Dji seems to be unfavouring the inspire 1, in hopes to favour the inspire 2 which has less sales in my country and most likely anywhere in the world that still sells inspire 1.  Which is by no means a solution because they are in a different price category.
Users are still buying inspire 1 for its price and x5. And because they cannot afford the overpricing of the inspire 2.
If both old and new were priced similar, the inspire 1 would be extinct, but it's actually much more affordable so it turns the table on sales.
2019-11-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 11-25 20:01
The inspire 1 did 7.6 miles or 12km on stock antenna and no booster in august of 2015.. you'll still see the video on that.

Basically Dji kept detuning the radio through firmware. Initially because of regulations. And then they even made it worse on the last firmware. Yes you can still get maybe 5km but it has to be in perfect condition and your antenna must be in line of sight of the drone.

Absurd, typical YouTube BS. Stock Inspire 1 can't make more than 5, maybe 5.5km long flight because of the battery limitation.
2019-11-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-26 00:50
Absurd, typical YouTube BS. Stock Inspire 1 can't make more than 5, maybe 5.5km long flight because of the battery limitation.
It did a one way trip not a round trip.
And you could see the flight data as well as the pilot moving the gimbal at a distance of 12km. It is real and a reality of the first inspire 1 firmware.

In addition, radio signal is very crucial in photography and videography on far areas where you can't go by foot. For high interference and obstacle areas too.
2019-11-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 11-26 01:53
It did a one way trip not a round trip.
And you could see the flight data as well as the pilot moving the gimbal at a distance of 12km. It is real and a reality of the first inspire 1 firmware.

It doesn't matter. One way or round trip 12km long is NOT POSSIBLE for stock Inspire 1. Period.
2019-11-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-26 02:04
It doesn't matter. One way or round trip 12km long is NOT POSSIBLE for stock Inspire 1. Period.
Yes it is, I've easily done multiple round trips worth 10km, 5km going and 5km going back. This is not an imagination...

Just check the youtube video for "inspire 1 record", it has dji data too even the map where it travelled. The speed he was travelling didn't even have much tailwind.
The inspire 1 first firmwares had a higher use of the radio power and the aircraft's receiver as well.
It's nothing weird bro but it is definitely weird today where it is not seen or doable

You can no longer use the inspire's first firmware versions because the first and compatible radio firmware no longer exists on the dji app. And the new radio firmwares won't connect the old firmware.
2019-11-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 11-26 03:01
Yes it is, I've easily done multiple round trips worth 10km, 5km going and 5km going back. This is not an imagination...

Just check the youtube video for "inspire 1 record", it has dji data too even the map where it travelled. The speed he was travelling didn't even have much tailwind.

I've seen these YT videos ... It's a typical crap and BS ... The Turk is using some custom HD transmission booster, probably extra battery mod, totally calm weather, who knows. Another YouTuber, a Canadian farmer, may fly with - typical at Prairies - strong tail wind. Whatever ...
2019-11-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-26 02:04
It doesn't matter. One way or round trip 12km long is NOT POSSIBLE for stock Inspire 1. Period.

It's true that the earlier FW was better however this is not possible regarding the reserve power. So, don't get into the troll speak here.

All the best Matthew

Rich
2019-11-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-26 17:07
It's true that the earlier FW was better however this is not possible regarding the reserve power. So, don't get into the troll speak here.

All the best Matthew

Thank you, bro. I'm loosing marbles here on this forum ...
2019-11-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

RichJ53 Posted at 11-26 17:07

All the best Matthew
Speed distance time calculation says
A drone only needs to travel 11m/s to cover 12km in 18 minutes

So obviously 12km at 10% is still a regular result.

As for the earliest firmware, it can no longer be downloaded or used because the radio firmware was removed. And that firmware used about double the power than it is using now.

I have done over 10 kms round trip easily so I don't understand why you think the inspire cannot do 12km. But don't worry I might know why you think like you do, it's because with the current firmware, you can barely get anywhere, that's why this legacy info is weird and non existent for you.
2019-11-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 11-26 17:57
Speed distance time calculation says
A drone only needs to travel 11m/s to cover 12km in 18 minutes

With the stock DJI software and FW your claims do not match the design capabilities. In the USA we fly Line of Sight so these distances are not of interest. The Inspire will fly about 15 to 18 minutes with a new battery, if you want to push it to the last 10% of battery.  My older batteries will last about 14 min and not worth risking a crash or forced landing somewhere.

So, it is nice that you want to share your information, but this type of flying is not legal in most areas in the USA or Canada.  
Rich
2019-11-26
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

RichJ53 Posted at 11-26 20:17
With the stock DJI software and FW your claims do not match the design capabilities. In the USA we fly Line of Sight so these distances are not of interest. The Inspire will fly about 15 to 18 minutes with a new battery, if you want to push it to the last 10% of battery.  My older batteries will last about 14 min and not worth risking a crash or forced landing somewhere.

So, it is nice that you want to share your information, but this type of flying is not legal in most areas in the USA or Canada.  

Definitely unnecessary and not legal to do that in north america and other areas also unless you're in a complete barren land.

My point is though signal strength matters a lot for obstacle and interference areas.
2019-11-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 11-26 21:49
Definitely unnecessary and not legal to do that in north america and other areas also unless you're in a complete barren land.

My point is though signal strength matters a lot for obstacle and interference areas.

My point - for change - is that if a pilot of Inspire 1 is experiencing transmission/video feed degrading at the distance of 200m, then this may be the indication of insufficient processing power of a device or - most likely - a hardware failure. But NOT the proof of system insufficiency. Inspire 1 should be able to communicate with stock RC smoothly at the distance of at least 1500m while theoretical Line Of Sight is maintained. Anything beyond this distance is practically irrelevant, not to mention illegal in most parts of this galaxy.

That said, first thing to do is to test different device, where iPad Air 2 may be the benchmark proven for years since. Secondly, the antennas circuitry. This is not easy task for unskilled person since it requires disassembly of landing gear where antenna pads are hidden. The wiring is guided from these pads to the main board thru motor booms and arms. Thirdly, RC antennas wiring check for conductivity. These can get broken after years of wiggling and rotating. Testing with another, borrowed RC may deliver some clues as well. Etc.

All these steps may solve the issue of compromised transmission range. Installing any signal boosting system to a poorly performing factory setup is pointless.
2019-11-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Putting a $10k XT on it so I think I will keep the stock antennas on.  Cheap antennas might ruin the signal causing a fly away.
2019-11-30
Use props
UAS Crew Chief
Second Officer

Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 11-30 23:44
Putting a $10k XT on it so I think I will keep the stock antennas on.  Cheap antennas might ruin the signal causing a fly away.

You claimed in another post you got one for $2999 ... and not $10K
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

UAS Crew Chief Posted at 12-1 00:42
You claimed in another post you got one for $2999 ... and not $10K

I know but when it came out.  When things work as they do new, it's like we went back in time and bought it new.  You can get things for $5 that cost a lot more but it doesn't mean it's worth $5 or at least to me it isn't.  Certain thermal tech to me is eq. to tens of thousands of dollars as the information they provide can be vital towards better success.  They can also provide priceless search and rescue information but I don't think I would ever be called for that though I can put my card out just incase and recieve some sort of compensation if it works.  People usually never calculate the negative scenarios as it's a sensitive topic but potential issues can be averted if we know what to look for and to implement important things before things get too late.
2019-12-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't think I'm going to change the antennas after putting an XT on it.  Just take-off next to the POI and the signal will always be clean.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules