Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Registration / Activation issue
5378 20 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Hello community,
So I´ve been using this as my main account ¨Juliflash¨ for the forum, comments etc. I also bought DJI CARE as soon as my MINI arrived and it was correctly linked to my MINI serial number and this account + email, so no problem here regarding DJI CARE if I ever have to use it (they have confirmed this to me).

However I had another account, which I only used to test if the DJI FLY APP was compatible with my devices... This account is @InspektorGadjet and as you can see has no comments or posts or anything, I actually kind of forgot I had it so it´s my mistake really. The thing is once you login in the DJI FLY APP it remembers the last settings, and next time you start the APP it will start with those login details.

So once I had batteries charged and DJI CARE active, I went to the APP, started controller, started aircraft, did all the updates, callibration etc. Did three short flights indoor.
I then suddently realiced I was using the ¨wrong¨ DJI Account, so loged out and loged in again using my preffered one, no problems to fly with it or anything but now the little iccon showing I own a Mavic MINI is in the @InspektorGadjet and not in mine ¨Juliflash¨.

I´ve asked support twice, yesterday night a painful 90 minutes of impossible communication, today anmother hour with same results, only for DJI to say they dont have a way to ¨transfer¨ownership or registration to another account, even if it has been less than 24h, they can ¨deactivate¨ for me to reactivate with the correct account.

So what happens if you sell your drone, or you buy a second hand one? All data is linked to the account, flight details and LOGS I suposse too.
Is anything I should be worried?

Should I fly only with the account which Activated the drone? Does it matter?
I think DJI should add an option specially if the Drone/Serial number has DJI CARE, to trasnfer ownership to other accounts.
Thanks in advance for the help!

2019-11-20
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Contact DJI Mindy as i think she has the power to take care of what you want. You will lose the miles flown on the other account but hey you just started flying it so no biggie.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

BobB Posted at 11-20 03:25
Contact DJI Mindy as i think she has the power to take care of what you want. You will lose the miles flown on the other account but hey you just started flying it so no biggie.

Thanks BobB!
That gives me real good hope is possible, I mean I own both accounts and I have logins details for both.

I hope DJI Mindy or @DJI Stephen  can help me since it´s been less than 24h and DJI CARE is correctly registered to my ¨Juliflash¨account + Serial number of the aircraft.

No problem with the miles since there are none! lol only took off and hoovered a bit in the house, no register of any fly distances yet.
Thanks again!
2019-11-20
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-20 03:30
Thanks BobB!
That gives me real good hope is possible, I mean I own both accounts and I have logins details for both.

@DJI Mindy She is online here somewhere right now. See if she shows up now lol
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

BobB Posted at 11-20 03:41
@DJI Mindy She is online here somewhere right now. See if she shows up now lol

lol thanks for that! I didnt had the option to link her account.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Well unfirtunately DJI Mindy is not showing up here, neither answering PM.
Should I open a ticket support or something?... since the support people I contacted with the chat offered me no help, it looked like they were copy pasting what I wrote in to a translator and sending me back random and automatic responses...
I hope somebody from DJI can come around and help.
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-20 06:38
Well unfirtunately DJI Mindy is not showing up here, neither answering PM.
Should I open a ticket support or something?... since the support people I contacted with the chat offered me no help, it looked like they were copy pasting what I wrote in to a translator and sending me back random and automatic responses...
I hope somebody from DJI can come around and help.

I think chat support is bots. Although I think with a little more AI than most, LOL. I would think there should be a way to transfer. Like you said, if you sold it to someone else, you'd think you could get it out of your name at the very least.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-20 07:38
I think chat support is bots. Although I think with a little more AI than most, LOL. I would think there should be a way to transfer. Like you said, if you sold it to someone else, you'd think you could get it out of your name at the very least.

Yes it looks like a bot, several times they answer with the exact same words, and also nonsense stuff like I make them a question and they answer, Yes thanks... lol

I can confirm so far, great products, not so great support. I wish I could speak about this directly with somebody who speaks English either native or an advanced level.

It doesn´t look that hard, or dodgy, both accounts are mine, one has use the other clearly doesnt, both accounts loged in fromt he same mobile phone and or computer, also the product has DJI CARE, activated less than 24 hours ago... and I´m proving the DJI CARE activated with this account, refers to the drone activated with the other one... it´s very simple!

I really hope they are not simply ignoring me and they can shine some ever loving light on me.
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully DJI Mindy will come online and be able to sort it for you mate.
2019-11-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I think you must use the account you used to activate your Aircarft !!
2019-11-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

My 3 Drones are in the same account
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-20 11:42
I think you must use the account you used to activate your Aircarft !!

Why?
What would be the difference betwen using one or another?
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-20 11:43
My 3 Drones are in the same account

I think they shouldn't do that. If I sell a drone I have to someone else, I should be able to remove it from my account and then they should be able to add it to theirs. That's just me thinking out loud though.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-20 12:27
I think they shouldn't do that. If I sell a drone I have to someone else, I should be able to remove it from my account and then they should be able to add it to theirs. That's just me thinking out loud though.

That's exactly how it works in many other hardware companies I know, cause I own tons of synthesizers.
You can "transfer" the serial or registration, I own software and hardware tha it has been given to me free from companies for beta-testing and they state NFR (Non For Resale) that's the only time you cannot sell or transfer that license since it was free.

I dont know if the points /credits are of any use, probably for some long users yes, and what happens now if you cannot use that email account for some reason, maybe is an old domain that is going to be cancelled/changed, maybe you have a new company and you wish to have the stuff under another name... endless.

The thing that triggered me thinking was, "ACTIVATE" the drone, not "register" the drone, which it would be what makes sense. Have a page with your drone/s info and name, email etc.

It would make sense to be able to deactivate, or transfer the Drone registration upon a formal request.
The same you do when buying an existing web domain.
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-20 12:41
That's exactly how it works in many other hardware companies I know, cause I own tons of synthesizers.
You can "transfer" the serial or registration, I own software and hardware tha it has been given to me free from companies for beta-testing and they state NFR (Non For Resale) that's the only time you cannot sell or transfer that license since it was free.

And what happens if the email address that you used to activate/register your drone ceases to exist entirely? For what ever reason, I've had a couple email addresses that the domain sold out and I had to change.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. First, for the the accounts and email used to activate or fly the drone. They will not affect the flight or performance of the said drone. Second, for the flight logs they are only accessible on the device that was used to fly the drone. Lastly, the DJI Care once purchased will be attached to the serial number of the drone. When going to the online repair you will just need to provide serial number of the drone binded to the DJI Care. If you other inquiries feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-20 12:45
And what happens if the email address that you used to activate/register your drone ceases to exist entirely? For what ever reason, I've had a couple email addresses that the domain sold out and I had to change.

Well that's what I mean.
I manage multiple websites, one of my wife, and she had her website on hold redesigned for 3 months, she changed her mind about domain three times. Three different emails that could be used.

Somebody could also just hack your account, and you have to stop using it.

And what if someone steals your drone. Anybody with another account can activate and use the drone. They could also crash it in the head of the pri-minister of Atlantis and make you responsible, but if you had the chance like with a credit card, to block/cancel/do something login in the website? or calling support?

Since a drone in the wrong hands, is a very serious matter, this level of access to our own aircraft status should be basic and mandatory.
2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 12:54
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. First, for the the accounts and email used to activate or fly the drone. They will not affect the flight or performance of the said drone. Second, for the flight logs they are only accessible on the device that was used to fly the drone. Lastly, the DJI Care once purchased will be attached to the serial number of the drone. When going to the online repair you will just need to provide serial number of the drone binded to the DJI Care. If you other inquiries feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks DJI Paladin,
Ok so how do I transfer my ownership from one account to another, since I wish to only use the account I'm using here. Reason: I cannot use the other email anymore.
Thanks in advance.
2019-11-20
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

myself I have 3 dji drones and 4 different dji accounts
I used a few of my .edu email address's make the accounts to get the discounts on the drones and batteries purchased.

2019-11-20
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-20 14:54
myself I have 3 dji drones and 4 different dji accounts
I used a few of my .edu email address's make the accounts to get the discounts on the drones and batteries purchased.

So did you manage to transfer them some how?
2019-11-21
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Just to prove I´m the same Juliflash, support is literally ignoring me, I´m not sure if this is something DJI does to users, but seems like they have banned me, I open a Chat and they say straight away, excuse me for a momment I´m going to put you in hold...
Dji Mindy ignoring my messages... this is absolutely incredible.
2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules