Shaking is this normal ?
1196 9 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hullstorage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

My drone seem to move around a lot in hover mode despite having good satellite connection and not windy ?

Can anyone advise ?

I did have a small accident a couple of days ago but all seemed ok ?

Can someone help with this please.

Apart from this the drone is fine and very impressed just hoping not major damage internally !

Thankshttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17GHZ_FIp7PkD_jSb8pKPIWaJ_qQxXDUX/view?usp=sharing
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I think that may be moving a bit too excessive if there isn't any wind, because that could mess up your video from the drone.  I would check how much it affects how stable the video is and if it isn't that impactful I wouldn't worry about it.  I can check with mine later and see if it also does the same thing because I never payed attention.
2019-11-20
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Try recalibrating the IMU?
2019-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s most likely surface under drone is your problem, VPS needs good textured surface well lit to preform well, in your case I think that was your problem, GPS from satellite to receiver on top of your drone helps keep position, VPS and Barometer keep your craft locked from ground to 30ft VPS and above this Barometre.

2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the drone hovering around. To isolate issue, have you tried to do a compass calibration? Since the drone had small accident have you noticed any error messages during the flight? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-11-20
Use props
Hullstorage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 08:27
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the drone hovering around. To isolate issue, have you tried to do a compass calibration? Since the drone had small accident have you noticed any error messages during the flight? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Ill try that again but i do the the odd message that does pop up in red which states SENSOR ERROR ?
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hullstorage Posted at 11-21 05:05
Ill try that again but i do the the odd message that does pop up in red which states SENSOR ERROR ?

As I said vps is not working correctly so it reports sensor problem.
2019-11-21
Use props
Hullstorage
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 05:09
As I said vps is not working correctly so it reports sensor problem.

but this was the same spot were i took off from on my first day and at that time it was fine ?
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hullstorage Posted at 11-21 05:48
but this was the same spot were i took off from on my first day and at that time it was fine ?

What you need to check is why is craft moving erratically , it can only be certain things , from your video it looks like IMU is working fine because it keeps correcting the Attitude of the craft, you have gps because otherwise craft would just drift, your getting sensor warning , so this is telling you something wrong with VPs which is the sensor, so could it be ground underneath is not lit correctly is there enough texture for sensor to lock on to, in your case it certainly looked that way, yes it may have been ok before, but was light the same do sensors have any dirt on them, so many things can change, and many times just simply moving location can improve things, it also helps in knowing what went wrong.
I have at times taken off from grass and my phantom 4 finds it hard to lock on to grass so I get similar movements in the drone you were getting.

A simple thing like better light can make a big difference, there is a full page in your manual explaining when VPs will not work correctly in certain circumstances.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hullstorage Posted at 11-21 05:05

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to the sensor error. I would recommend the we do a IMU calibration to isolate the issue. If the issue still persists after the IMU calibration. The best thing we need to do for the said drone is to send it in for further diagnostic, analyze and repair. For reference I have posted a link ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) where in you can find our online support service. Our professional support team will do their best to fix  the said issue. In addition I will post a video for the IMU calibration. Thank you.

2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules