12Next >
53370 40 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silk186
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7438 ft
United Kingdom

I tried flying a Mavic Mini for the first time in a park and wanted to record a message with sound. I'm wondering if it is possible to record with sound, using my phone as a mic. I could do a voice-over but it wouldn't be the same.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day silk186. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment it is not possible to record with sound, using your mobile device as a mic when flying your DJI Mavic Mini. To record audio you need to edit the said video and add audio to the finished product. Thank you.
2019-11-23
Use props
silk186
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7438 ft
United Kingdom

That is a shame it would not be a difficult feature to add to the app.
2019-11-25
Use props
JamesBromberger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41135 ft
Australia

+1. Please record audio from the smartphone device audio jack, as can apparently be done with other DJI products.
2020-1-6
Use props
skygunner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United States

Bump bump bump.......

I just got the Mavic Mini(Fly More Bundle) yesterday. I am super bummed that it does NOT support this small feature. It should be super easy for DJI to allow our phones microphone to supply the recorded audio, for video playback. My other 4 DJI quads do.

DJI please update the DJI Fly app, to support this missing feature.
2020-1-9
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Recording audio was a safety feature should a member of the uniformed public decide to take the law into their own hands, at least there would be recorded evidence.
2020-1-9
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

If i wanted audio, i'd edit it in
2020-1-9
Use props
FromVinnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56322 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the main point of creating such a great product was so that families, individuals can capture the sound of the people, kids, and surroundings and incorporate in the edited video. As on my other DJI drones, the audio is recorded on the phone itself so it definitely should not be too much for DJI to introduce as a part of an updated firmware.

DJI you make such great products. I own 5 great products from you. I understand the weight issue but this would not require to modify the drone itself. It would just be the app with a firmware update as the sound will be recorded on the phone. Please make this possible!!!!
2020-2-23
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

All you have to do is get a screen recording app and bingo, you have right where you want it. You can always separate audio in editing
2020-2-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-24 07:09
All you have to do is get a screen recording app and bingo, you have right where you want it. You can always separate audio in editing

unfortunately there are a million flyers who are never going to figure out how to do that.  they want the audio perfectly in sync with the video....from the drone view.  if you are in the bleachers and you fly your drone down to and hover over the skating ramp, don't you want to capture the audio from the boards?  you can't really heard the sounds from the skaters across the way and even then, it's from the wrong perspective.  i don't care for it but i understand how some flyers would like to have that option.  maybe they are wary of eavesdropping laws.
2020-2-24
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Another DJi fail on so called Spark replacement!
2020-2-24
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

you would never be able to hear anything over the noise of the propellers, I use AZ recording app, it is simple, easy to use, and it also captures the screen from the phone, for later viewing of the stas, you can always use that sound recording and it would sync perfectly with the raw video from the sd card, but a microphone on the aircraft would be useless,,Tim
2020-2-24
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Propellers would deafen whatever you're trying to record...btw, what other dji drones have this feature...?
2020-2-24
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119 ft
Switzerland

That's practically what I did when I tried it!

I like to give comments in a clip, especially during tests

I activate the recorder integrated in SmarpPHone (Andoide in my case) just before starting a flight.
The Drone on the ground, I tap with one foot on the ground and I say "clap" speaks a number while speaking loudly, being placed in the field of his camera.
The movement of the foot gives a reference for syncro.
The flight ended I stop filming, and stop the audio recording on the Smartphone
You can also take off, film yourself with the drone while you clap your head with one of the two hands saying "Ouch" ... LOL;)
I recover the file "mp4" of the drone, and the sound in "ogg" of the SmartPhone (in my case) which I convert with VLC in mp4 containing only the sound. It's very simple to do
Admittedly I use Adobe PR and, on the time line, I insert the two tracks, then with a little work, I manage by shifting one of the tracks until I get a good satisfactory synchronization;)
I synchronize the moment when the foot taps on the ground by filing and a "peak" on the audio track ... which obviously has to be clearly identified by prior listening ...
Admittedly, this requires a little practice ...;)
"there may be simpler" I do not know enough about this software.

Disadvantage, it is necessary to film permanently the whole flight (no cut)
As the drone is relatively silent, we will not even hear it anymore, but we will always have "noise" and comment as if you were filming with a conventional camera.

In any case it gives good results ...
In short...
My tip, and am sure that there are other tips;)

Good flights and good movies

2020-2-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

so what are we saying, when prop eventually get extremely quiet in the future, we will get audio from the drone side?

or will we wait for someone to get smart and develop a "future"  mic which will cancel out the noise from the props and the direction of the mic will at least capture some sounds if the flyer is near traffic, near the playground, observing a concert or want to capture the roar of the game.

sorry, I just don't like the idea of it can't be done.  it can't be done until it's done.
2020-2-24
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 2-24 10:32
so what are we saying, when prop eventually get extremely quiet in the future, we will get audio from the drone side?

or will we wait for someone to get smart and develop a "future"  mic which will cancel out the noise from the props and the direction of the mic will at least capture some sounds if the flyer is near traffic, near the playground, observing a concert or want to capture the roar of the game.

...agree...indeed, ludicrous.
2020-2-24
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

fans7e30011f Posted at 2-24 08:47
you would never be able to hear anything over the noise of the propellers, I use AZ recording app, it is simple, easy to use, and it also captures the screen from the phone, for later viewing of the stas, you can always use that sound recording and it would sync perfectly with the raw video from the sd card, but a microphone on the aircraft would be useless,,Tim

It's recording on the display device not the drone like the Spark Go4 app
2020-2-24
Use props
djiuser_2UploYOpxI8P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177671 ft
United States

I recently bought the DJI Mavic Air 2 that uses the FLY app on my iPhone. I was disappointed and surprised that adding iPhone audio could NOT be simultaneously with the video cache, as it is with the GO 4 app. DJI - plz add this feature soonest since it is highly desirable for current users and should be an added selling point for new users considering DJI drones.

r/jack
2020-5-16
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Don't you still have to extract the audio from the video cache version and then sync it with the drone footage? Or do you just use the lower quality (720p) video cache version and toss the higher quality drone footage?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_3ZVNPFuJYhEC
New
Flight distance : 20020 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-24 09:08
What other DJI drones natively support recording sound?  Sound from the drone itself would be pointless.  If you want sound recorded from the device, either use something like AZ Screen Recorder or any device that records audio in common formats.  Sync with the video in post.

Dirty bird. How do i do that? I have no idea. I downloaded the az app. Now what. Sorry but im one of thise people that need a step by step. Please help. Would like audio just to come from my phone not the drone as you said i would only hear propellers.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_3ZVNPFuJYhEC
New
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-24 09:08
What other DJI drones natively support recording sound?  Sound from the drone itself would be pointless.  If you want sound recorded from the device, either use something like AZ Screen Recorder or any device that records audio in common formats.  Sync with the video in post.

Dirty bird. How do i do that? I have no idea. I downloaded the az app. Now what. Sorry but im one of thise people that need a step by step. Please help. Would like audio just to come from my phone not the drone as you said i would only hear propellers.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_3ZVNPFuJYhEC
New
United States

I would like to hear audio from my phone and not from the drone itself. How do I do that?
2020-5-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Android 10 has an integrated screen recorder. I used to use the app... now Android Q takes care of recording almost as good... little bit less options, very good quality.
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_QoPlJ9Ugh3jA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210138 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-23 12:21
Hello and good day silk186. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment it is not possible to record with sound, using your mobile device as a mic when flying your DJI Mavic Mini. To record audio you need to edit the said video and add audio to the finished product. Thank you.

It is available in the DJI Go app, why not in DJI Fly? The sound is just recorded into the phone mic. This is something that is useful in certain situations, but not all. That’s why it can be turn on or off.
The DJI Fly app has many flaws and really needs to be updated.
Especially the white characters on the screen are not visible against the white background of the sky, where of course your flying the drone. Also no back button to get out of settings screen, just a tiny sliver on the left to tap to return to main screen. Not always easy to do on every phone brand. I’m always struggling to return to main screen after changing settings....update soon please.
2020-7-4
Use props
alexair
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1496644 ft
Italy

djiuser_QoPlJ9Ugh3jA Posted at 7-4 21:58
It is available in the DJI Go app, why not in DJI Fly? The sound is just recorded into the phone mic. This is something that is useful in certain situations, but not all. That’s why it can be turn on or off.
The DJI Fly app has many flaws and really needs to be updated.
Especially the white characters on the screen are not visible against the white background of the sky, where of course your flying the drone. Also no back button to get out of settings screen, just a tiny sliver on the left to tap to return to main screen. Not always easy to do on every phone brand. I’m always struggling to return to main screen after changing settings....update soon please.

I perfectly agree with you.  I had mavic air 1 with DjiGO4 app  and it was very usefull for me to record auidio syncronized with video recorded in to cache.
Now I have Mavic air 2, and I'm surprised to have lost this feature.
So I would invite DJI support to add this old feature  as soon as possibile  !
Thanks
2020-10-31
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I can see a use for it.  Primarily for narrating what the drone is seeing.  I do like Espace2020's idea of an improvised clapper board (his foot)...
2020-10-31
Use props
Drewsamm
lvl.2

China

I have to depend on a screen recorder for Windows to make voice over. It would be nice if there is any built-in audio recorder on the DJI products.
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_jHB1LGOtVBUu
New

United States

Look guys get a Audio app and there u good
2021-3-10
Use props
BamBam424
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323789 ft
United States

Editing in audio afterwards is like watching a quiet LIVE football game they then edit in the thrills after the game has ended. Misses the thrill of the minute. Come on dji get it done for my Mavic 2. If I can shoot riding my Goldwing live audio with my phone looking at the screen, why not the same with my Mavic,,?
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_YyDMf0V8bjrf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359619 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2020-2-24 07:34
unfortunately there are a million flyers who are never going to figure out how to do that.  they want the audio perfectly in sync with the video....from the drone view.  if you are in the bleachers and you fly your drone down to and hover over the skating ramp, don't you want to capture the audio from the boards?  you can't really heard the sounds from the skaters across the way and even then, it's from the wrong perspective.  i don't care for it but i understand how some flyers would like to have that option.  maybe they are wary of eavesdropping laws.

When I send the videos, everybody asks me why they have no audio. No audio really sucks. Editing...what??? I just want to have fun with my Mavic air 2. I am not a professional to be adding and editing sound.
What a waste of time and a deal-breaker! for those to who I send the videos.
A silent movie from 200 years ago they look like.
2021-6-8
Use props
bocian666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708133 ft
United Kingdom

fans7e30011f Posted at 2020-2-24 08:47
you would never be able to hear anything over the noise of the propellers, I use AZ recording app, it is simple, easy to use, and it also captures the screen from the phone, for later viewing of the stas, you can always use that sound recording and it would sync perfectly with the raw video from the sd card, but a microphone on the aircraft would be useless,,Tim

Tim I think you misunderstand it. I owned Dji Mavic and I know how good it is to have a sound automatically recorded. We’re not talking about recording sound from the drone but from the controller. For example I’m flying my drone in a woodland shooting airsoft players and I wanna get the sound of explosions the sound of shooting the sound of shouting people onto each other as a part of my action video. Without the microphone on board of your controller you can’t do this. I agree with you if you would have the microphone on board of your drone it would be completely useless unless you wanna fly somewhere landed and listen but I think that would be excessive.  Please Dji add use of phone microphone in app
2021-6-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Use a screen recorder for the flight, most recorders uses speaker output as input for their recordings.
So you can speak into your phone while flying.

In post use the sound from this file to add to the original DJI video recording.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-10
Use props
Papachylo
lvl.2

Spain

Hey, buddy. Have you tried using a voice generator ? Text-to-speech voices in 15 languages Murf offers a wide selection of voices in 15 languages. Most languages have voices available for quality testing in a free plan. All voices sound human, and their quality is checked by dozens of parameters.
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

A smart controller can do that. It has a function to record your voice while the drone is flying
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-10 23:18
Use a screen recorder for the flight, most recorders uses speaker output as input for their recordings.
So you can speak into your phone while flying.

Yeah, there's an option to set the sound recording into the system, or the microphone
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

alexair Posted at 2020-10-31 01:26
I perfectly agree with you.  I had mavic air 1 with DjiGO4 app  and it was very usefull for me to record auidio syncronized with video recorded in to cache.
Now I have Mavic air 2, and I'm surprised to have lost this feature.
So I would invite DJI support to add this old feature  as soon as possibile  !

It would be a good addition tbh
2021-7-9
Use props
Kraze Pendragon
New
United Kingdom

If you have a PC, you can download something like OBS Studio and add the Video file as a source then play it, hit record and add audio. It is not hard to do this and it will give you good clear audio over your video as you will be able to do it indoors. I appreciate not everyone has the equipment necessary to do this, but it is easy enough if you have. Not offering this as a solution but it is a workaround.
2021-8-11
Use props
MauiMacMan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 673698 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 2020-5-22 05:36
Android 10 has an integrated screen recorder. I used to use the app... now Android Q takes care of recording almost as good... little bit less options, very good quality.

Apple iPhone also has a native screen recorder which will also record your narration as you fly and point out things visually…and sonically without a need for post processing. If spark controller could do it, why not Mini 3 pro also?
2022-7-6
Use props
heiious365
New

Vietnam

hello, buddy Have you used a voice generator before? voices for text-to-speech in over 70 languages Hei provides a huge variety of voices in 70 different languages.
The majority of languages have voices that can be used for free quality testing. Numerous factors are used to assess each voice's quality, and they all sound like real people.
2022-9-15
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Lots of ways that you can record from the mic on your smartphone, so no real advantage to having the Fly app do it.  You are still going to have to add the audio into your recorded video in post production.  As I mentioned a couple years ago in this thread, I like one guy's idea of using his foot as a clapper board to have a time sync reference...
2022-9-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules