Any way of unlocking an authorization zone with a Mavic Mini?
2415 9 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I saw a youtube video with from what I could see on the map, was blue, indicating an authorization zone and he was flying in it, 100+ft.  Does anyone know how you could unlock one?  Ive heard that it would be an update in late December.  Heres the youtube video.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

I am wanting to go to NYC in which I do not go to a lot and where im planning to fly is under an authorization zone.
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no way to unlock until DJI releases the fix and they say that will be late December unfortunately.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

I have to say - wow! I didn't realize Philedelphia was that "packed" - are there actually any trees? Or is it just rows & rows & rows of houses? It doesn't even look like there are any parks?

It's interesting seeing what different parts of the country are like...
2019-11-20
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

He’s in Philadelphia. It’s a timed authorization zone. So I believe he’s flying within the time frame that when it’s automatically unlocked.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 11-20 19:44
He’s in Philadelphia. It’s a timed authorization zone. So I believe he’s flying within the time frame that when it’s automatically unlocked. [view_image]

Ok that makes sense.  Thanks
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, timed zones. Woulda thunk it?? Well, me of course.....
2019-11-21
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

MatthewW28 Posted at 11-21 04:38
Ok that makes sense.  Thanks

You’re welcome. I was wondering the same thing when I first saw that video a few days ago, so I looked at Philadelphia in the Dji Fly app and saw that the authorization zone is time restricted.
2019-11-21
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 11-21 07:53
You’re welcome. I was wondering the same thing when I first saw that video a few days ago, so I looked at Philadelphia in the Dji Fly app and saw that the authorization zone is time restricted.

Yes, a TFR, fairly well known (well, better be) to private pilots. I'm impressed that the software handles it.  I often get warnings and just recently realized that it is because I am within 5 miles of a small airport.  But it lets me fly (and it should until you get much closer).
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules