Dji geozone, Yellow type. Not unlockable.
664 5 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb58a468
lvl.1
Norway

hello.

Im trying to fly with waypoiints here to film the sunrise. See attached image. Im in the lower left of the picture, just inside the zone.

According to Dji themself, This yellow zone will prompt a warning. Wich is fine.
I did contact the local controll tower two days ago, and informed them about my operations, that i will be flying to 200 meters, (yes, i am certified and registered), will be turning on UUID, marking the mission and that i will be calling them each flight start and the end of my flights. This was fine for the control tower, mostly offshore helicopters fly over me and they fly at 3-5.000 feet, depending on direction. They also wanted a copy of the shots for gigs.

Over to my problem.
Zone is unlocked through DJI, meaning the airport itself is now unlocked. On top of the airport, there is a gigantic Yellow zone. Wich restricts me from using waypoints.
I managed to fool the app once and put in the waypoints. But now that all the maps are updated, i cannot even modify the mission. Wich renders the drone useless to me for all other intents than free flight.

Dji, this is a major issue. I've followed all the steps properly, unlocked the only zone i could click. (the airport), the yellow zone cannot be unlocked. Rendering the mission planner for my drones non functional. Even though i have followed all your steps. App and aircraft has confirmed unlock.

I see from searches here on the forums and see that this issue is going long back. And your only response is that your R&D division will have a look.
Well, im here to check up on that. Have they had a look, and when will this issue be resolved?

No fly zone

No fly zone
2019-11-20
Use props
LM Coastal Geology
New

United States

Did you custom unlock using  DJI?
2019-11-26
Use props
chilesrellenoz
New

United States

LM Coastal Geology Posted at 11-26 12:30

We have an area we fly that is in the gray, yellow, and orange areas. Our flight was limited to 60m even though we wanted to fly to 75. II would try to unlock it on site but I would still be limited to 60. I decided to use a third party app (airmap which is free) to get automatic authorization (less than half hour). After getting the approval letters I did a custom unlock on DJIs website and attached the approval letters. 5 hours later we were approved to fly in the areas. While we were in the field, we used DJI GO4 > general settings> unlocking license> and the areas we created to get unlocked were automatically populated because they were linked to the drone serial number. We enabled it and then we were able to fly over 60m using DJI Ground STation Pro where we have all our missions. Lots of steps, could this be applicable to you and help you out??
2019-11-26
Use props
chilesrellenoz
New

United States

2019-11-26
Use props
chilesrellenoz
New

United States

chilesrellenoz Posted at 11-26 12:36
We have an area we fly that is in the gray, yellow, and orange areas. Our flight was limited to 60m even though we wanted to fly to 75. II would try to unlock it on site but I would still be limited to 60. I decided to use a third party app (airmap which is free) to get automatic authorization (less than half hour). After getting the approval letters I did a custom unlock on DJIs website and attached the approval letters. 5 hours later we were approved to fly in the areas. While we were in the field, we used DJI GO4 > general settings> unlocking license> and the areas we created to get unlocked were automatically populated because they were linked to the drone serial number. We enabled it and then we were able to fly over 60m using DJI Ground STation Pro where we have all our missions. Lots of steps, could this be applicable to you and help you out??

Airmap has a big circle with grids with different heights, DJI has lower height restrictions than airmap? no idea why, but I think using third party might help you
2019-11-26
Use props
gnugfur
lvl.1
Norway

LM Coastal Geology Posted at 2019-11-26 12:30

Yes. Still no cigar. Havent tried again lately though.
2021-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules