Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully DJI will take note.

If you dont want a lot of very disapointed customers and indeed a flood of returns you need to sort the following before the 25th December or hopefully earlier because some people will want to test the drone before they give it as a Christmas gift:

1) Make the No Fly Zones unlock work .... This is vital and needs to be a priority in my view
2) Make the Go Fly App work correctly on more tablets especially the Ipad Mini (Not the stretched App version). People out there have many devices and will not take kindly to having to upgrade their Tablet or Phone Just for this drone..... Many will return it

Come on DJI get a wiggle on
2019-11-21
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

+ for iPad Mini improvements :-) Its not the money, but my older eyes and bigger fingers like it a lot ;-)
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bigplumbs, thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices.
As for the compatibility with iPad or Tablets, we are not sure whether they will be supported one day, as you know, there is no USB port for the tablets and the RC was not designed to be able to hold the tablets, but your concern will definitely be reported to our engineers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 00:23
Hi Bigplumbs, thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices.
As for the compatibility with iPad or Tablets, we are not sure whether they will be supported one day, as you know, there is no USB port for the tablets and the RC was not designed to be able to hold the tablets, but your concern will definitely be reported to our engineers. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Mindy

I have read that before many times from you. Is late December before the 25th ?

What nonsense about the Tablets All have ports either USB or The apple connector. If a Phone will plug in so will a tablet..... Just make the DJI Fly app compatible with the same devices that the Go4 app works with

And for all the tech heads out there people don't care about all this 32/64 bit nonsense. They rightly assumed it would work on their phones so DJI need to get it working. If the Go4 app will work in devices then this can be made to do so also.... Just common sense
2019-11-21
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

....the RC was not designed to be able to hold the tablets,....

Well, the iPad Mini fits perfectly, even better than smaller phones , because its not required to adjust the arms :

2019-11-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

There are that many devices out there with different aged platforms on.
It would be perhaps unrealistic to type approve them all.
Whether DJI should have made that clearer in their PR is up to them I suppose.
Offering their own display would suit some people.
But wait they do! Crystalsky!.
That doesn't work either.
2019-11-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quite sometimes I am afraid these DJI People just give a standard answer and it further confuses people
2019-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You are right about that !
2019-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I hope the update is out before the 25th December otherwise there could be a lot of disappointment.
2019-11-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 02:05
I hope the update is out before the 25th December otherwise there could be a lot of disappointment.

Exactly lets hope DJI realise this
2019-11-21
Use props
thearensic
New

India

check out check out
2019-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-21 00:29
Mindy

I have read that before many times from you. Is late December before the 25th ?

If she said 23rd and it wasn’t ready , who do you think would be the first up in arms about giving out the wrong date. I think in order to make sure FW is working correctly then it's probably worth waiting on .
There’s a song with the line Late December back in 63 , I don’t remember anyone wanting to know the exact day lol (;+)....
2019-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-27 08:00
If she said 23rd and it wasn’t ready , who do you think would be the first up in arms about giving out the wrong date. I think in order to make sure FW is working correctly then it's probably worth waiting on .
There’s a song with the line Late December back in 63 , I don’t remember anyone wanting to know the exact day lol (;+)....

Yup I agree DJI should make sure firmware is working properly before they release it...……
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules