11264 10 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
First Officer
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Good day! Today we shall learn how to upscale the Mavic Mini footage to 4k.   This method works for anything.   Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cHt5WDJcI
2019-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why would you want that (just out of curiosity)
For what I know you are not adding information, just extra resolution
2019-11-22
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
First Officer
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 00:14
Why would you want that (just out of curiosity)
For what I know you are not adding information, just extra resolution

The idea is to upscale if you are editing in a 4k sequence. (Of course, nobody on their 1080p screens won’t see the difference. But if you have a 4k sequence, you need to upscale 2.7k video so they fit in the frame. If you don’t upscale you get a black frame around your shot as the resolution is slightly lower.
If you have captured the rest of the footage with different cameras in different resolutions and you don’t want to sacrifice that. Then you upscale the one that is in 2.7k. That is the reason for this.
2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 11-22 02:32
The idea is to upscale if you are editing in a 4k sequence. (Of course, nobody on their 1080p screens won’t see the difference. But if you have a 4k sequence, you need to upscale 2.7k video so they fit in the frame. If you don’t upscale you get a black frame around your shot as the resolution is slightly lower.
If you have captured the rest of the footage with different cameras in different resolutions and you don’t want to sacrifice that. Then you upscale the one that is in 2.7k. That is the reason for this.

Ah ok.
I did not think of a 4K timeline.
That is a good reason indeed.

Some like to do it because it 'looks better'.
I have yet to see proof of that last reason.
2019-11-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great information, nice video
2019-11-22
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

jacksonnai Posted at 11-22 19:42
Great information, nice video

Good info to take it into consideration
Thanks
2019-12-14
Use props
Kaceyx
lvl.2

Good to know! I was looking for a simple trick to convert the 2.7K to 4K.

Thanks!
2019-12-20
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Good headline!
This is another heavy stone on the very scales where they decide where to develop the DJI Mavik mini.
And another reason to finish the Mavik mini to a normal adult drone -  HDR\30 fps, 4K, RAW, 360-mode ....

2019-12-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Drone Taiwan Posted at 12-14 19:32
Good info to take it into consideration
Thanks

You're welcome
2019-12-31
Use props
fans57ef0d9c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6886 ft
United States

For anyone with an iPad I highly recommend Lumafusion to edit/upscale your footage to 4K. After importing the footage I just save it to 4K. I played it back on my 4K TV and it looks amazing! Didn't even color grade.
2019-12-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

I can understand the desire to produce a video in 4K if most of the key footage is 4K and other parts have a lower resolution or possibly stills are included. I never imagined this was an actual issue requiring a tutorial.
The real issue might be where there are differing frame sizes within the mix. The black border is easily resolved by using the zoom tool.
Take the case where most of the clips are of the desired frame size. Only those with the wrong size need be adjusted to fit the frame.
Ultimately, when you have made your adjustments, you complete your video in whatever resolution you choose. This step isn't one you need to worry about.
To futureproof footage, generally shoot at the highest resolution. It might not be the best output right now, but with AI solutions in development, it won't be long before tweaking this way is the normal method.
Even Adobe elements can colourise b&w photos these days, just think, those early pioneers must have yearned for a way to create colour pic
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules