Mavic mini Crystalsky.
6176 23 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell meifthe reason for crystalskay not working with mavic mini app is because it's not 64 bit working?
Appears dicontinued anyway, hears hoping for an upgraded one!
2019-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

The crystal sky uses a Rockchip 3288 CPU which is 32bit.  So far the Fly app is only for 64bit CPUs.  There are rumours of a CrystalSky 2 which google can show you.
2019-11-21
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

It's because DJI are incompetent neglecting and lazy.
Scammers that promise you the world until they have your money, than you don't exist any more.

Do not buy DJI gear unless you want unsupported buggy software running on the hardware.
2019-11-21
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I posted this below in ref to the Mavic Mini not working with the Crystal Sky. It would have been easy to incorporate the Mavic Mini in the existing DJI Go 4 software or the DJI Pilot app for us "experienced pilots". All I hear from DJI is that the "Mavic Mini is a beginners drone". What kind of crap is that? I guarantee you that probably 75% of sales of the Mavic Mini is from "experienced pilots" that are looking for a small compact bird.   After spending nearly $600 for the Crystal Sky, DJI is telling us that it won't work for one of their drones? It's their tablet??
The answer is to put DJI Fly out for the newbies and let us continue to use Go 4 to work with this model. My only hope at this point is if Litchi brings out an update to include the Mavic Mini or if DJI wants to send me a new tablet to work with their software. By the way guys, what really add insult to injury is that this software does not work on all tablets. My buddy went to one of the box stores and tried to buy a cheap tablet that ran Android 9.0. When he brought it home and tried to load the software, it said "incompatible hardware" Don't even try to call DJI becuase you know the standard line that you will get!
"So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it"!
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, as of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application doesn't support DJI CrystalSky. As the DJI Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

"So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it" or "Mavic Mini is a beginners drone". Thanks Paladin for not disappointing us by giving us the standard DJI line. I could set my watch to it!
2019-11-22
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

Well , here's the fact guys. When you get the ""So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it", that's a bunch of bull. DJI Mindy or whoever else is monitoring, don't even bother to respond because there is nothing you can say. The bottom line is you guys are terrible as a company.

I am cross posting this to a couple of different posts as there are a number that deals with this issue. This is the communication I got with DJI support from a Support agent named Hermosa. As a disclaimer, this is what I received and have not changed one word of it. I give you my response also.

The only hope we have is if Litchi comes out with support for the Mavic Mnni. I suggested to DJI that they include the Mini in the existing DJI Go software and they did not even address that. Horrible customer support.

From DJI

Thanks for your patience.

Upon confirming with our superior engineers, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform.The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures.(64-bit processor).

Since our Crystalsky adopted 32-bit sensor, it' s not compatible with DJI FLY APP. Kindly suggest using another mobile device if you have.

Appreciate your understanding and support.

Best Regards
Hermosa

My response

Hermosa,

This is really unacceptable and DJI clearly did not think this out when they produced this DJI Fly software. Your answer is what we all knew so essentially you gave me no new information.
The question remains is why DJI would produce software that does not work on its own device? I paid a heck of a lot of money for the Crystal Sky and like I said I could have bought 4 Samsung tablets for the same price as i paid for your device.

DJI has a horrible reputation when it comes to customer support. I have been a loyal customer for 5 years now and I own 7 of your drones as previously stated.
Understand that every time I have to deal with you guys on the customer service level I cringe, it's a struggle at best.

You have basically threw your hands up and said "Oh well" My trust in your company is gone. I will share this communication with the forums and all my sources to warn other users. I realize I am just one person.
What's worse is that you just lost me a customer.

Thank you for getting back to me.
2019-11-27
Use props
Eccodave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well come on dji integrate Crystalsky to work with the mavic mini.
2019-12-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Eccodave Posted at 12-13 01:20
Well come on dji integrate Crystalsky to work with the mavic mini.

Dave, Don't hold your breath. You will soon get the classic DJI line "So Sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"
2019-12-13
Use props
youngjohnyounghotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22369 ft
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 2019-11-21 08:23
I posted this below in ref to the Mavic Mini not working with the Crystal Sky. It would have been easy to incorporate the Mavic Mini in the existing DJI Go 4 software or the DJI Pilot app for us "experienced pilots". All I hear from DJI is that the "Mavic Mini is a beginners drone". What kind of crap is that? I guarantee you that probably 75% of sales of the Mavic Mini is from "experienced pilots" that are looking for a small compact bird.   After spending nearly $600 for the Crystal Sky, DJI is telling us that it won't work for one of their drones? It's their tablet??
The answer is to put DJI Fly out for the newbies and let us continue to use Go 4 to work with this model. My only hope at this point is if Litchi brings out an update to include the Mavic Mini or if DJI wants to send me a new tablet to work with their software. By the way guys, what really add insult to injury is that this software does not work on all tablets. My buddy went to one of the box stores and tried to buy a cheap tablet that ran Android 9.0. When he brought it home and tried to load the software, it said "incompatible hardware" Don't even try to call DJI becuase you know the standard line that you will get!
"So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it"!

I absolutely agree .. I have hardly used my crystalsky
Please DJi think about your existing loyal customers that you serve..
Kind Regards
J.
2020-2-7
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 2019-11-21 02:21
The crystal sky uses a Rockchip 3288 CPU which is 32bit.  So far the Fly app is only for 64bit CPUs.  There are rumours of a CrystalSky 2 which google can show you.

Well, that's a real long shot. There are no facts about that. If a new Crystalsky is coming, it's now with the new Matrice 300! But I don't think so, because the Smart Controller should be compatible. At the end, I don't really care. I only have the Ultra because it's bright. The software runs, I'm happy.
2020-2-9
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

To summarize, the Mavic Mini is "an entry-level product" that is too advanced for Crystal Sky, DJI's professional grade flagship tablet, to run the GO Fly app. You sure do have things twisted, DJI!!!

My personal favorite - "We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback." LOL sure you will!
2020-3-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I am still waiting for the SDK file to come out so we can get a third party software vendor to provide support on the Crystal Sky such a Litchi.

DJI is  about to launch the DJI Mavic Air 2 at a time when the virus of the world is upon us. DJI, it's not about the dollar, Yen, Rubbles of whatever the heck you spend over there. It's about loyalty to your customer base.

Support the products you have out there already before you try to sell us on something new.

For the record, you guys are the worst, the worst company I have ever dealt with in my 62 years on this earth.  

I still have my Manic Mini in the box waiting to fly until it works with the Crystal Sky in some fashion. I never would have bought the Mini except my wife got it for me for Christmas. I won't buy anymore stuff from DJI until they can prove they are a worthy company that supports it's customer base!

Hugh, you have to get to learn the line by heart from DJI,,their specialty, it's "So sorry, Our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you". I am still waiting and waiting and waiting! What a joke!
2020-4-22
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a darn shame.
2020-4-25
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2019-11-22 16:42
"So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it" or "Mavic Mini is a beginners drone". Thanks Paladin for not disappointing us by giving us the standard DJI line. I could set my watch to it!

Well, the Mavic Air 2 is clearly NOT an entry level drone and I can't use CrystalSky with it.  Funny how I could with the Mavic Air 1.  
2020-5-6
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-22 10:54
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, as of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application doesn't support DJI CrystalSky. As the DJI Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new application, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

What a reply that doesn't answer the question in any way form or shape... perfect example of copy and paste garbage responses by DJI... or perhaps you don't understand English!!!

People, don't put up with this kind of insulting and contemptuous treatment, STOP buying anything made by DJI... they are not the only drone manufacturer around any more and the others products and customer support makes DJI looks like a special needs case...
2020-5-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 5-7 02:10
What a reply that doesn't answer the question in any way form or shape... perfect example of copy and paste garbage responses by DJI... or perhaps you don't understand English!!!

People, don't put up with this kind of insulting and contemptuous treatment, STOP buying anything made by DJI... they are not the only drone manufacturer around any more and the others products and customer support makes DJI looks like a special needs case...

Well put, the sooner we all learn this the better off we will be.

You have many people complaining of this issue with the Crystal Sky. Most companies would see that it's a problem and do something about it.

We need to realize that DJI is not an honorable company and the care stops as soon as you buy the product.

Maybe DJI needs to take more of the Japanese concept where if the company fails it's a personal reflection on the people that run it.
2020-5-17
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-17 05:38
Well put, the sooner we all learn this the better off we will be.

You have many people complaining of this issue with the Crystal Sky. Most companies would see that it's a problem and do something about it.
Hey Jeff... I think that was a bit of a low blow... to the honorable Japanese people, people who have actual honor and produce high quality products AND SUPPORT THEM AND THEIR CUSTOMERS... comparing them to a bunch of incompetent, contemptuous, greedy and ignorant people who can only poison the world and do not think for themselves but copy and paste approved answers is the ultimate insult to the Japanese.
The Japanese have imagination, pride and quality... this mob is trash.

I think an apology to the honerable people of Japan is in order.
2020-5-25
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I think that the Crytalsky story is a pitty. I understand that all was about the screen and it is really good but for what. Nowaday it support no drone liste as active in the  DJI shop. I was hopping that such expensive platform will be usable also with future product, seems not. The "funny" think is that the next generation, the "smart " controller, control almost nothing apart Mavic 2. Currently no new drone of DJI (Mavic mini or Mavic air) can be used with it). I don't speak of older drones like the Mavic. All this make that the value of the product you purchase goes to nothing very quickly as it looks like LEGACY the next year.
At least for the Crystalsky, they should release a version where we can use the play store and install whatever we want at our own risk, that would be the minimum.
2020-5-28
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

mAIRs Posted at 5-25 04:46
Hey Jeff... I think that was a bit of a low blow... to the honorable Japanese people, people who have actual honor and produce high quality products AND SUPPORT THEM AND THEIR CUSTOMERS... comparing them to a bunch of incompetent, contemptuous, greedy and ignorant people who can only poison the world and do not think for themselves but copy and paste approved answers is the ultimate insult to the Japanese.
The Japanese have imagination, pride and quality... this mob is trash.

Honorable Mairs,

You are right my friend. DJI does not even deserved to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the Japanese Products.  Two way different quality of products and especially support.
Thanks for pointing this out!
2020-6-5
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 6-5 05:17
Honorable Mairs,

You are right my friend. DJI does not even deserved to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the Japanese Products.  Two way different quality of products and especially support.

Any time...
2020-6-6
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
United States

mAIRs Posted at 5-7 02:10

People, don't put up with this kind of insulting and contemptuous treatment, STOP buying anything made by DJI... they are not the only drone manufacturer around any more and the others products and customer support makes DJI looks like a special needs case...

The problem is, the only choices we really have in Australia are DJI, Parrot and Zero-X... Most places only sell DJI, with a smaller number seling Zero-X and / or Parrot also.

Zero-X is an Australian company and their drones have a surprisingly good build quality - but their apps are rubbish, customer service is pathetic and their drones are ocasionally known to have software glitches which can result in damage to one's drone (for example, the drone might suddenly fly off in a different direction to what you are pushing, or stop responding to commands completely)... This is actually what happened with my Zero-X "Evolve" - I literally just finished telling the wife that I hadn't seen all these problems people were complaining about, when my drone did exactly this and ended up in the ocean as a result.

I was especially disappointed with Zero-X, because I'd love for an Australian company like Zero-X to make a name for themselves in the drone industry (I am Australian)... But I digress.

Then there's Parrot... I don't know anything about them - other than the fact the a couple of guys I worked with in the Army had their products back when a "cheap" drone was around AU$1,500+ (~US$1,044). But they just don't "do it for me"; I think they're drones are uninspiring and boring.

So really, your choices are DJI or DJI... Unless you order something from overseas - but it costs a L-O-T of money to buy stuff from overseas these days.

2020-6-7
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Greg,

I appreciate the feed back and I know what you are saying. It's a tough choice when literally DJI is the only game in town.

I was always a fan of DJI promoting their products on-line to my buddies and to anyone who needed advice about Quadcopters and accessories. That was until I had to deal with DJI for support.
Most companies I have dealt with have a philosophy to treat their customers right because those customers will be their future customers.

In DJI's case, their philosophy is get the complaint off their desk as soon as possible and do not promise the customer any help at all. Their responses are lame at best. They are usually the classic "Reboot device", "change the firmware" and when they realize that it's something that is their problem, the classic "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you" is delivered. They usually never do.
The best is when they say "We will talk to our engineers to prevent this from happening in future models". That's a really good one because my question is where does that leave me with my model now??

The proverbial straw that broke the camels back was when I bought this CrystalSky. I spoke to them before I purchased it  via phone and chat. It was a $600 Dollar US price tag. I bit the hook!  They assured me that this unit would work with all future models. My wife got me the Mavic Mini for Christmas and that was that. The Mavic Mini is still in the box never flown. I am waiting for Litchi to support the unit before I fly it. I am not about to buy another tablet just to Fly this bird. There is no reason that they could not have supported the Mini in the DJI Go 4 software package for us veteran fliers. I really feel bad for the guys that spent $2000 for their almost 8 inch models.

Greg, I realize that I have been the poster boy for this Crystal Sky issue. I have not bought another DJI product since then. That is a shame because like I said, good products are just 50% of the game. The other 50% is good customer service of which DJI fails miserably.

I never trash a company so this is a first for me. I am in uncharted waters. It takes a lot to do it and they did it.

The unfortunate part is that they just don't care!

Good luck in your quest Greag. Autel is a decent company to deal with. Those guys have been very responsive with their product any time I have dealt with them. Skydio has been fantastic. I realize that both of these companies are not being sold in your country. That's a real shame.  

Stay well my freind and again the best of luck!
2020-6-12
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Don’t get it my old Apple Mini 3 loads and runs the DJI Fly App so why can’t  CS.  If your looking at other machines forget it, Autel is even worse 90% of those drones have a drifting gimbal problem the camera never stops moving. Yuneec is 5-10 years behind DJI in technology and with no range.

If you guys want to use your CS you’ll have quit crying to DJI and fly Mavic,s

Mike
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules