Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Mobile Device CPU fully loaded" message...?
12Next >
32020 65 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Hi.

What does this message mean? "Mobile Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected".

It's an iPhone 6, 16GB, I believe 1GB memory - not running any other apps (only the DJI Fly app, have everything else closed, all background apps/etc off).

How can it be "fully loaded", and what specific "performance" would be affected? And finally - how to fix it?

Thanks.

2019-11-21
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Probably since it is an iPhone 6, the least supported device listed, that is why it may be coming up with that message.  Im not sure what it may affect, possibly the cache abilities or other app related features, like with a XR I have had the app freeze on me as in my gps, distance, time, battery life, etc wasn't updating but the live view was fine.  I don't think it would affect how the drone will fly.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

MatthewW28 Posted at 11-21 06:33
Probably since it is an iPhone 6, the least supported device listed, that is why it may be coming up with that message.  Im not sure what it may affect, possibly the cache abilities or other app related features, like with a XR I have had the app freeze on me as in my gps, distance, time, battery life, etc wasn't updating but the live view was fine.  I don't think it would affect how the drone will fly.

Mm. And to think - I think it was 1988, Bill Gates was quoted as saying

"The MOST anyone will EVERY NEED is 640k of memory..."
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. With regards to this issue. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application? Before doing this process please back up your DJI Fly files before proceeding to this step. To isolate the issue. If possible please try a different recommended mobile device. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

To add to DJI Paladins information, try to force close out of all other apps as well to help clear out the memory.
2019-11-21
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 11-21 08:45
To add to DJI Paladins information, try to force close out of all other apps as well to help clear out the memory.

As he said,  he’s already done all of this....
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 11-21 08:52

And if you have anything positive to add, feel free.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

yes - like 't' said - i did close all the apps - so as far as I can tell - the only "load" I have/had was the DJI app (I don't use it as a phone - bought a used iPhone specifically so I could use it as a remote controller). But what was strange is "sometimes" it gives that message - and "sometimes" it doesn't - when that is the *only* app I have running... so, not sure what is going on?
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

But for some reason, the app believes that the CPU performance is maxed out. You got the phone used. I'm assuming it was properly wiped? Also check the battery health in the phone settings. If the battery health doesn't pass, iOS maybe throttling the phones performance.

You can also download Lirum info lite on the phone and actually see at what percent the CPU is running.

2019-11-21
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 11-21 09:00
And if you have anything positive to add, feel free.

Unfortunately I don’t, sadly. Guess I just actually read his original post....properly.
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 11-21 10:36
Unfortunately I don’t, sadly. Guess I just actually read his original post....properly.

ok, then do that.
2019-11-21
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 11-21 10:39
ok, then do that.

Exactly my point, I did...
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 11-21 11:39
Exactly my point, I did...

Try it again. I don’t think you’re doing it right.
2019-11-21
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 11-21 12:33
Try it again. I don’t think you’re doing it right.

Mmmm, not sure what you’re talking about anymore but you’re definitely gone off topic...
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 11-21 13:35
Mmmm, not sure what you’re talking about anymore but you’re definitely gone off topic...

That was the case with your first post.
2019-11-21
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 11-21 13:38
That was the case with your first post.

Sadly no, you didn’t read the original post properly and I called you up on it. Just grow some, admit it and move on. Or are we gonna make this into a soapbox?
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You started this. I trouble shoot my way. From the beginning. Square one. Don't like it. Don't butt in. You haven't contributed anything anyway. So who needs to grow up and get off their soap box?
2019-11-21
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

JodyB Posted at 11-21 10:21
But for some reason, the app believes that the CPU performance is maxed out. You got the phone used. I'm assuming it was properly wiped? Also check the battery health in the phone settings. If the battery health doesn't pass, iOS maybe throttling the phones performance.

You can also download Lirum info lite on the phone and actually see at what percent the CPU is running.

Hi,

Thanks - yes - I did get it wiped (had to reset everything up myself, new account, etc, etc).

Haven't heard of that app before - I'll take a look at it, thanks!
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiguy001 Posted at 11-21 19:16
Hi,

Thanks - yes - I did get it wiped (had to reset everything up myself, new account, etc, etc).

No problem. I hope you find the cause of the issue and get flying soon!!
2019-11-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Toedles Posted at 11-21 08:52

Heh considering its only a 16g phone the operating system is likely consuming a significant portion of that leaving not enough sufficient storage.
2019-11-21
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

djiguy001 Posted at 2019-11-21 06:38
Mm. And to think - I think it was 1988, Bill Gates was quoted as saying

"The MOST anyone will EVERY NEED is 640k of memory..."

Which wasn't his quote but shoved into his mouth.

Somehow I still like to think it was his say
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_7Q4c306yK2ny
New

United States

So did we ever come up with a solution to the mobile device cpu fully loaded error?
2020-7-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_7Q4c306yK2ny Posted at 7-18 20:25
So did we ever come up with a solution to the mobile device cpu fully loaded error?

- Force quit all open apps
- Put phone in airplane mode to minimize what other apps can be doing
- Do not do screen recording
- Turn off video cache in the app
- If all else fails, get a newer/faster phone
2020-7-18
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

If you don't want to buy the latest and greatest phone, you get a significant improvement in CPU performance on a 6S vs. 6.  I got my 6S second hand from TekReplay and love it.
2020-7-19
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Still nursing an iPhone 6 64GB here and use it for my Mini.  I've never gotten that message even when I record the screen.  The performance improved greatly when I replaced the battery.  Maybe the phone is throttling due to an old battery.
2020-7-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The device is struggling to handle the processing power required for the app. You are on the very minimum supported device...
2020-7-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The device is struggling to handle the processing power required for the app. You are on the very minimum supported device...
2020-7-21
Use props
steelgtr3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499108 ft
United States

Happens now on my mini 4 ipad. Never had a problem with my P3, P4 or MP?  Is the Mini 4 up to the task for the new app?
2020-7-25
Use props
fans3a61f469
lvl.1
United States

It looks like no one has really figured this out.  I’d like to take a more practical approach. This is what I had changed and was trying when I got the message.   It was a scorching hot day (102 F/35 C).  
I have an IPhone 8 and it was working well until I tried some different things.  
I also was trying to fly under an awning.  And, I was trying to fly along the side of my house near (well under) trees.  In both cases, I got a lot of beeping and distance warnings and the drone would not fly forward anymore.  I turned the warning and flying limitations off because I wanted to see if it would work flying more slowly.  Maybe, if I had someone sneaking around my house, I could go out the front, down the side and see them in the backyard.   (It would be nice to be able to assign a button to turn on/off distance warnings so that if you fly into something, you can turn off the warnings, turn around, and fly back out.)  I still got the beeping but was able to fly closer to objects.  
I also had just turned on the Charging while using to keep my phone charged while flying.  It worked fine the next day.  

What conditions were you flying in when you got the message?

2020-8-17
Use props
fanse1128312
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82618 ft
Cyprus

Had the same on iPhone 7 Plus today
2020-10-22
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

My iPad mini 4 the same since few days back.
2020-10-22
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Did you check how much free space do you have on your iPhone storage?
Another item is to check how many GBs you have configured for cache in DJI FLY App. Maybe you are consuming all available space in your iPhone and this will cause iPhone to get slow.
2020-10-23
Use props
MotoRef FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183665 ft
United States

I am getting these messages as well when flying my less than 1 month old Mavic Air 2 I get both of these message on my iPhone 7, (Year 2017) 128GB with 34GB free and my iPad Pro 9.7" (Year 2016), 128GB with 64GB Free.  On both devices... I have no other applications open or active. Just the DJI Fly App. Is it possible these two apple devices are simply too old to deal with the latest DJI App? DJI's website says the DJI Fly App is compatible with both devices which also have the latest IOS.  Mystery? DJI can you please comment? Thanks.
2020-11-18
Use props
djiuser_8T02mSiY85yW
New

Puerto Rico

CPU full May affect flying .
Guys I have a new DJI mini 2.
I’m using my iPad mini that has available over 80 gigs bytes .
I purchase my Mini 2 so I can record our island vacations.
I have been able to record some but, but notice that the last flight when the message came out the dron was not responding appropriately.
Any ideas.
Please advice .
P.S Inalos have a 128 g SD card on the drone.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_pl7J0OUmiwLZ
New

Canada

I get the same issues with my Air 2.  On my iPhone 6s and on my iPad mini.  Both could use a new battery so maybe this is the issue.  Have a iPhone 12 on order but might try a new battery in the iPad mini to see if that fixes the problem.  Phone is maxed out for memory but the iPad mini has a ton of room.
2020-12-3
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

calltoon Posted at 10-22 21:29
My iPad mini 4 the same since few days back.

Same here with my iPad mini 4
2020-12-3
Use props
rijstf
lvl.1

Greece

had the same issue (and didnt bother reading further in this thread due to the "snow flaking" -- anyway dunno if you found a solution, i have exactly the same phone and a mini 2 , after some trial and error , i only get this message when A) i am not charging the phone via controller b) the phine has less then 35% battery, so indeed there seems to be some throttling of CPU performance on the phone with low battery.  i didnt notice any specific negative impact other then the annoying message , but i assume processing video on the device in that condition will may lead to longer times required . my remedy - charge the phone fully and use charging via controller then the message doesnt come .
2020-12-6
Use props
lakedroneguy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_8T02mSiY85yW Posted at 11-29 12:30
CPU full May affect flying .
Guys I have a new DJI mini 2.
I’m using my iPad mini that has available over 80 gigs bytes .

I have a very similar issue. Ipad mini 4  104 gigs of space left 2 gigs memory, no apps including email or text, no Icloud sharing and 128 gig sd card. Temps in the lower 50's.  I was flying over the lake today and the message came up. The screen scrambled and  controls seemed to lag. It really takes the joy of flying and filming away. I'm not getting it on my Mavic Pro anymore though I used to.
2020-12-9
Use props
Chris Gangai
New

United States

I noticed this message coming up after I updated the firmware. Never had an issue before and I'm using an iPhone 6 16gb and an iPad Air 1.  Both old devices, yet had no problems before the update.  I've wiped all applications from the iPad and iPhone, only keeping the DJI Fly app. Airplane mode on!

What I did do (literally) just now, was plug the drone into my computer, open up the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, clicked into my Mavic Air 2 and REFRESH'd the beast. Even though the version is CURRENT, I still did a refresh and now the message seems to be gone. Hopefully it stays that way!

But all this started because of the new Firmware, V01.00.0460 update. Try that refresh and see if it works (fingers crossed)!!!

- CG
2020-12-14
Use props
Chris Gangai
New

United States

lakedroneguy Posted at 12-9 08:42
I have a very similar issue. Ipad mini 4  104 gigs of space left 2 gigs memory, no apps including email or text, no Icloud sharing and 128 gig sd card. Temps in the lower 50's.  I was flying over the lake today and the message came up. The screen scrambled and  controls seemed to lag. It really takes the joy of flying and filming away. I'm not getting it on my Mavic Pro anymore though I used to.

Check my response to the thread. I think it might help!   
2020-12-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules