Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Choppy Video - 64 GB Samsung U3 EVO Select
1346 4 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cohandylan
lvl.1
Vietnam

This is driving me CRAZY. I've been getting nothing but choppy video from my Mavic 2 Pro recently. I have a Samsung U3 EVO Select 64GB memory card, which to my knowledge is good for any video. Video is choppy in both 4K and 1080p recordings. If it's not the memory card, what else can make a video choppy? It's choppy in Final Cut X while I'm editing, and also in the final published video after all is finished rendering.
2019-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share a short unedited file and the same file edited?

It is probably not the card that is the issue.
There might not even be an issue at all (except for the viewing experience on your mac)

The obvious reason:
- Too fast shutterspeed
But my guess is that you have already covered that.

2019-11-22
Use props
cohancreative
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hi Montfrooij - Here is a link to the choppy video example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGxF9qTmmPQ&list=PLtxdgevviTvmEI5HtfDjg-CUsdgMfvIqe&index=3&t=0s  .  The edited video lags in the same fashion. After testing the video on different devices, it may have been my computer all along (2018 Macbook Air). Watching on my iPhone XR does not lag. I've done a software update on my computer videos seem to lag less now. Still a bit of a chop every 10-15 seconds but nowhere near as bad as it was before. The good news is that the final footage shouldn't be choppy on most devices, it was just my computer. I'm not sure why my Mac isn't handling the footage as it is meant to be able to handle both 4k and 1080p footage.
2019-11-23
Use props
willfullerton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1284888 ft
United States

When exporting try changing the Time Interpolation to Optical Flow. This seems to clean up the choppiness of the 4k footage coming from our Mavic 2 Pro
2020-1-30
Use props
AirSkew
New
Flight distance : 511460 ft
Australia

Hello all. Having some issues with Mavic Air lagging in vid, then fast forwarded to catch up. Any ideas?
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules