DJI Fly App - Needs its screen scaling fixed as a priority.
9145 31 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Hopefully a DJI tech/ employee will see this soon & report back.
I'm running the DJI Fly app on an iphone 7,  thus a smaller screen.
When going into the settings tab, you can't get back out to the main control screen again..  Whatever 'exit' icon should be seen is either missing or chopped off.
I also noticed during the initial registration process after filling out info, that some 'continue' / 'enter' buttons were nearly chopped off the bottom of the screen, with the mearest sliver of an icon visible to click on. trying to force scroll didn't help.
Can you please fix this asap!
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I'm using an iPhone XR. I don't have that issue. The part where you talk about going back to the main screen from settings, I don't have an 'exit' button either. I just tap on the empty space to the left of the settings screen to get back to the main screen.
2019-11-21
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 11-21 10:12
Wow, I'm using an iPhone XR. I don't have that issue. The part where you talk about going back to the main screen from settings, I don't have an 'exit' button either. I just tap on the empty space to the left of the settings screen to get back to the main screen.

That's the thing..  i thought of that too, but there isn't enough empty screen to tap on... The menu screen literally fills the whole display, with the thinnest of what's behind barely showing on the left.  Too thin to get your finger on it to 'go back' .... I'll do a screen grab & post it.
2019-11-21
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I’m using an XS Max. I can’t use the mount properly as the mount touches the screen and you can’t access it. I’m going to try the iPad holder I use with my Mavic Pro. Hopefully it will do the job.
I broke the screen once already. The 2nd fix will run $529, so I have it in an Otter Defender case. It's a pain to take it apart and re-assemble.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the user interface of the DJI Fly application. I would recommend to kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the said application to isolate the issue. If issue still persists, Please provide a sample screenshot of the issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2019-11-21
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 13:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the user interface of the DJI Fly application. I would recommend to kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the said application to isolate the issue. If issue still persists, Please provide a sample screenshot of the issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Here is a screen shot from a standard iphone 7 .  (NOT the plus)
As you can see, there is barely any screen to the left to tap on to make the settings screen disappear.  I'll try the uninstall/ reinstall as suggested as well.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_fVWcEXA1El6h
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PhasedSpaces Posted at 2019-11-21 13:17
As you can see, there is barely any screen to the left to tap on to make the settings screen disappear.  I'll try the uninstall/ reinstall as suggested as well.
[view_image]

Did anything happen about this? I have exactly the same problem 6 months later!
2020-6-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I ran into with an iPad Air 2 when I first set it up to fly with my mini, the screen was similar to what is described here. But when I updated it to the latest iPadOS, it was fine after that. This may or may not be the issue for you, but it was for me and I thought I would share it. Make sure your apple device is updated and make sure your using the latest version of the fly app too.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_4X6mjBEl8sli
New

United States

I have this exact problem on my iPhone as of June 13,  2020.   I need a fix for this.  Thanks
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_4X6mjBEl8sli
New

United States

This is a screenshot and as you can see there is no way to get back to the camera view/ flight screen without closing the app and restarting.... which I don’t think is a good thing to have to do while the drone is flying.   Does anyone know what the fix is for this ?   Thank you.  
2020-6-13
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got zoom enabled on the iPhone?
2020-6-13
Use props
Chamanea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
New Caledonia

Same issue here, can't close settings page on IPHONE 6S, no 'x' nor anything to be able to close this settings popup which takes the whole screen... The only way out is killing Fly app, which is rather annoying and possibly dangerous.

Hey DJI, there are not only big IPHONEs in the field, whatever the version...Anything that can be done for that in the next release of Fly app? any chance we could use the good old DJI GO4 with Mavic Air 2 instead?
2020-6-18
Use props
Castle2020
New

United Kingdom

Got the same problem  -  Looking at video tutorials, the settings screen should not fill the whole screen, which it does on the iPhone 6. NEEDS to be fixed.
2020-6-24
Use props
Mr. Icarus
New

United States

I too am having this problem, using an iPhone SE.
2020-7-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iphone 5s same issue, there is a sliver of screen available to exit the menus and needs really accurate contact to trigger

Good topic PhasedSpaces   
2020-7-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never used an iPhone. Is there really no "back" button on those phones? That would suck.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_b1koakosW8Bj
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have a 2nd gen iPhone SE with the same problem. If I try several times I can occasionally get back to the main screen but the return area to the left of the menu is so small that it’s very hit and miss. With the increasing popularity of the new iPhone SE, I can see this becoming a more extensive problem.
2020-8-4
Use props
MidLifeHiker
New
Flight distance : 16102 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 6 and have the same problem, can't return to main screen.  Often I have to get out of the app and start it again.
2020-8-4
Use props
fans41df361d
New

United States

Fix: iphone/settings/general/display & brightness/display zoom/view/standard
2020-8-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

PhasedSpaces Posted at 2019-11-21 13:17
As you can see, there is barely any screen to the left to tap on to make the settings screen disappear.  I'll try the uninstall/ reinstall as suggested as well.
[view_image]

Had the same issue with iPhone 6, turned off zoom and it fixed issue
2020-8-29
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just to confirm, yes it has been shown that if you go into the display settings on the phone and 'un-zoom' the icon size etc, it DOES allow for more screen to be visible in the Fly App, so that you can tap back from settings.
2020-8-30
Use props
Videoscots625
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans41df361d Posted at 8-29 03:30
Fix: iphone/settings/general/display & brightness/display zoom/view/standard

THAT'S A  GREAT TIP!  WORKED FOR ME ON MY iPHONE 7 - WAS GETTING REALLY FED UP HAVING TO POWER DOWN PHONE AND START OVER.
MANY THANKS. I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT SCREEN SCALING OPTION.
2020-10-16
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

Yes, setting Settings->Display & Brightness->Display Zoom->View to Standard fixed this annoying issue for me.  Also, the new memory card data was obscuring the distance and speed when the small map was open until I set it to standard also.     
2020-10-16
Use props
djiuser_p1lN63oOehqA
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_fVWcEXA1El6h Posted at 6-8 10:39
Did anything happen about this? I have exactly the same problem 6 months later!

Hi, I’ve got the iPhone 8s and I am also having the issue of not being able to exit the setup menu. Please fix this issue - it seems this has been an issue for many years! One would not expect a reputable company to ignore its user base!  Today’s date for me with this issue, 15 December 2020!!
2020-12-15
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I'm not a @#$%& iPhone user, but reading this thread, it sounds like the issue is not DJI, but the zoom setting in the iPhone (whatever that does).

For full disclosure:  I have a work issued iPhone 8 that I do have DJI fly loaded on.  I flew my Mini once with the &^%$#@ iPhone just to make sure it worked.  Unless my Android dies, I expect never to fly with the @#$%&* iPhone again.  Did I mention that I HATE my #$%^&* iPhone?
2020-12-15
Use props
Frehme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
Brazil

djiuser_p1lN63oOehqA Posted at 12-15 05:57
Hi, I’ve got the iPhone 8s and I am also having the issue of not being able to exit the setup menu. Please fix this issue - it seems this has been an issue for many years! One would not expect a reputable company to ignore its user base!  Today’s date for me with this issue, 15 December 2020!!

Hello. Read the item #19 of this topic. It will solve your problem.
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_p1lN63oOehqA
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I’ve got the iPhone 8s and I’m having  the same issue of not being able to exit the setup screen which is really annoying and frustrating!  Please fix this as I do not expect to pay good money for something I can’t use properly.

15 December 2020
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_OPL3XqGYnRa6
New

Canada

iPhone 7 iOS 14.3. I report the same issue, not being able to get back to app Home Screen once inside settings menu..please fix this issue.
2021-1-16
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-21 13:15

The DJI robot reply is a very subtle form of the theater of the absurd.
2021-1-16
Use props
jmgolio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568865 ft
United States

I started having this problem a few weeks ago with my I-phone 7.  Before I found this thread and applied the solution to the I-phone settings, I found another way around the problem.  Once you bring up the main menu, you can get out by going to Control => scroll to the bottom.  Select "Flight Tutorial", then select "skip" and "confirm".  It is a clugey solution, but if you wanted to keep the I-phone settings constant, it gets around the problem.
2021-1-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The fix is fairly simple, a device configuration for the smaller iPhone screens need to be created and scaled in Xcode.  The menus would need to be adjusted along with the size of the tab layout.  It would take a little bit of time but easy to resolve.  I feel like the DJI will drop the compatibility of the DJI Fly app for those phones before they will remedy the issue.
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_caCW1imTFqDh
New

United States

Hello I have a pixel 5 and I am not able to see the bottom of the screen . I cannot scroll to the next section . I have uninstalled and installed 3 times , I have force stopped twice , I have a table and it worked just fine. Please help .
2021-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules