2661 12 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hey guys,
How was your Mini's battery when it first arrived? Mine came fully depleted (drone was completely dead, not even being able to light up the battery status LEDs). Is this normal? As far as I know, it's not healthy for the batteries to keep them in this fully depleted state, seems weird for DJI to deliver it like that since the drone could potentially spend months on the shelf before being unpacked.
2019-11-22
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

All 3 of my batteries were hardly charged if at all and i charged all 3 and they seem fine. I wouldn't worry about it. All of the drones i have (4) came with batts pretty much depleted. They were all fine too.

If you have problems put in a ticket for a new battery like everyone else with a problem does.
2019-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mine were the same .
2019-11-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

thanks guys!
2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe just me, but anything that I've ever bought that came with rechargeable batteries was almost dead. I think for shipping purposes they aren't supposed to have much charge on them. I think I read that somewhere, but thats been sometime ago. I think it had something to do with in case the battery got shorted somehow accidentally during shipping, it would dissipate quickly and stand less of a chance of catching fire or something like that.
2019-11-22
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

If I remember well, the manual says that the drone battery is in "hibernation" state on arrival.
It is not indeed at 0% charge
2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

for shipping purposes lithium batteries can not be charged more that 30%. I did read right. Here's the link.

https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/news/h ... ransported-aircraft
2019-11-22
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mgozer Posted at 11-22 06:05
If I remember well, the manual says that the drone battery is in "hibernation" state on arrival.
It is not indeed at 0% charge

That's what the manual says, but all three of my batteries were completely drained.
2019-11-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-22 06:13
for shipping purposes lithium batteries can not be charged more that 30%. I did read right. Here's the link.

https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/news/hazardous-materials-enhanced-safety-provisions-lithium-batteries-transported-aircraft

Just had my iPhone battery replaced and the tech said the same thing when telling me I needed to charge the battery -- they cannot be shipped fully charged due to fire/explosion risk.

Similarly, you have to discharge your batteries when bringing them along on a flight.

2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 11-22 06:24
Just had my iPhone battery replaced and the tech said the same thing when telling me I needed to charge the battery -- they cannot be shipped fully charged due to fire/explosion risk.

Similarly, you have to discharge your battery when bringing them along on a flight.

I have been in some shops, particularly vape shops that sell lithium batteries that will charge when they get them in as a courtesy, but that's all up to the shop if they do that.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to charge your battery for about 1-2 hours to see if the problem persists? Also, the battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 08:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to charge your battery for about 1-2 hours to see if the problem persists? Also, the battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

In my case there's no issue. Just thought it was strange to receive the battery depleted. I wasn't aware of that hibernation mode so maybe that was it. Thanks.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ice_2k Posted at 11-22 08:32
In my case there's no issue. Just thought it was strange to receive the battery depleted. I wasn't aware of that hibernation mode so maybe that was it. Thanks.

You're welcome and we're glad that there is no such issue with your battery. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules