Soild Red LED warning
733 4 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

It's only a small thing but I have been updating my OSC and decided to check the aircraft warning lights on start up. To my surprise I got a solid red LED on the front arms of the Mavic 2 Pro once the power on self test sequence was complete. Accoriding to the table in the manual supplied (v1.0 2018.08) p14 a solid red LED is a 'critical error' warning. After a brief panic and a re-read of the page I was relieved to find:

'The Front LEDs show the orientation of the aircraft and glow solid red when the aircraft is turned on to indicate the front of the aircraft (they can be turned off in the DJI GO 4 app).'

Shows the value of writng down procedures: if the manual gets an update it would be nice to scratch the Warning states entry for solid red!

Blue skies to all,

Bill

p14 of the MP2 Manual.

p14 of the MP2 Manual.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bill. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Rest assured that this information will be cascaded to the proper DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-22
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 09:19
Hello and good day Bill. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Rest assured that this information will be cascaded to the proper DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Looking at this again I think I can see the root of the confusion. The front lights are red and red alone. The rear are the status lights which can be red, yellow or green. Perhaps the manual should be a bit clearer on this, say with the 'Normal state' and 'Warning state' headings saying these are for the rear LEDs.

My OSC table now looks like this:

Warning-Lights_11.jpg
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. The manual could have been more accurate. The front LED lights are always red and meant for showing the director of the drone.
The status lights are in the back and they change depending on the situation (red, yellow, and green). Sometimes the status LED lights blink red for a few seconds if you’re in a limited altitude zone or if you’ve reached the highest altitude limit that you’ve set
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 11-23 04:59
Looking at this again I think I can see the root of the confusion. The front lights are red and red alone. The rear are the status lights which can be red, yellow or green. Perhaps the manual should be a bit clearer on this, say with the 'Normal state' and 'Warning state' headings saying these are for the rear LEDs.

Hello and good day Bill. Thank you for sharing these information with us and for creating this table. Rest assured that these information will be cascade as well to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules