Anyone have a tablet that works with DJI Fly app?
1234Next >
69983 148 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

I purchased a SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 128GB Tablet, Black - SM-T510NZDGXAR Android 9 it does not work! So, I bought an ASUS Zen Pad Z301M-A2-GR 10.1-Inch Android 7 and it works really well!
2020-8-10
Use props
kråka2
New

Norway

#Quick Reply Here#huawei mediapad t5 10" 32gb  Works widt dji fly
2020-8-12
Use props
CamelToeInspecr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53822 ft
United States

Tripntx Posted at 2019-11-23 10:10
I've been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4"

is the  Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" still working for your MM?
2020-8-21
Use props
Roytwo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11467 ft
United States

I am using a Lenovo M8 FHD and it seems to work fine. Bought it directly from the   Lenovo site , got it for like $130.00 in 5 days. The Fly App loads directly from the store with no issues.
2020-8-21
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Galaxy Tab s3 works good used mainly for editing but had flown with it but not that comfortable with size that's me
2020-8-21
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

iPad mini works well and fits the controller
2020-8-22
Use props
CristianRazer
New
Argentina

utilizo una Tablet Lenovo Tab M10 TB-X505F 10.1" 16 GB memoria interna (se puede agregar mas con una Micro SD) con memoria RAM 2GB. Fuciona perfectamente.
2020-8-24
Use props
djiuser_g1j6NFxOwB86
New

United States

Samsung Galaxy tab s6 works wonderfully
2020-8-26
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-5 15:57
Andriod tablets compatible with Fly:

Asus Z8s

I picked up a renewed Asus Z8s on amazon for $149.  Works like a champ! Thanks!
2020-8-29
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

I just bought an ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500M) to replace my xiaomi MI PAD 4 wifi which does not have a gps module, and it is very good especially for the eyes but bigger than the MM
2020-8-29
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-29 12:40
That's a sweet tablet.  Good power & performance.  I see you have it in silver with white bezel.  I have the titanium model with black bezel.  Take good care of it & it should serve you well.  Asus makes incredible tablets, but they only seem to manufacture them in small batches.  They appear for a short time then new ones are tough to find.

hi Dirty Bird indeed it is very pleasant, no slowing down and very fluid, and as you said I have not seen many for sale, I was lucky
2020-8-29
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-29 14:53
I purchased mine when they were first released.  It was only $259 which was excellent for what was ostensibly the premier Android tablet at the time.  The ZenPad Z10 is essentially the same tablet, made for Verizon with LTE support added.  The big brother to the ZenPad Z8s.  Did you get yours new or used?

I bought it used in a store with a 12 month warranty for 120 euro which is 140 dollar. I think I got a good deal I think
2020-8-29
Use props
gioman101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7903081 ft
United States

I used my iPad Pro 2020 & it works great!!
2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_BdkukSfEDl7u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102451 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-5 15:57
Andriod tablets compatible with Fly:

Asus Z8s
[Image]

Does it fit in the controller or are you using an attachment? I just ordered one off eBay. I particularly like the 2K screen display. Anything less is disappointing
2020-9-22
Use props
Patrickfrance90
lvl.1
France

Lenovo Tab M8 Quad-Core, 2Go RAM, 32Go ROM, Android 9
DJI Fly 1.1.8
Litchi Beta 4.18.0

100% ok
2020-9-25
Use props
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

djiuser_q9ayyZ7wVy9h Posted at 8-1 03:51
Im using a Lenovo M8  8" Tablet Android 9.0 & Dji Fly App
Mavic Mini & Sandisk Extreme 64GB MicroSDXC Card,
No problems so far.

Hey i i want to puchase the same tablet you have i purchased the samsung tab 8 and having this issue.  Do u notice if u are having a lag with the video starting just like a black screen or anything?

Hey man sorry to bother u wanted to know if u every experience this.  On the samsung tab 8a 2019. Today when I started the drone and connected it to my tablet and the dji fly app.  I just got a black screen no video transmission histogram was working and everything.  

Then after about 20 seconds it connected and I flew up and took a photo and then when I switched back to video mode and flew my video was frozen again for 20 seconds and picked back up.  The recordings were fine.  I installed it and tried it again and same results.

I tried with my note 10+ amd not one issue.

So tried again with the tablet and same issue.  I launched linchi and not one issue flew and transmitted perfectly?  Any ideas?

Airplaine mode and wifi made no difference
2020-10-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Asus Z8S works perfectly on the Mini when I use it there. But on the MA2 it gets overloaded when I fly in sport mode fast and do 4k video at the same time with caching enabled. I disabled the caching and now it works fine. I can't see the need for caching anyway. I still use a screen recorder.
2020-10-1
Use props
Ethan Tan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533783 ft
Malaysia

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0 with S Pen P205 2019
2020-10-2
Use props
active123
New

Greece

is Lenovo TAB M10 Plus 2nd Gen OctaCore FullHD-IPS 4GB/64GB  combatible with DJI FLY app ?
2020-10-2
Use props
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

Little update I returned the Samsung Tab a8 because of the huge lag I experienced.  I currently use a Samsung Note 10+ but needed a bigger screen.  I returned that Tab a8 and got a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.  This thing is quick if not as quick as my Note 10+  when running Litchi and DJI Fly.   
2020-10-2
Use props
Patrickfrance90
lvl.1
France

Lenovo Tab M8 Quad-Core, 2Go RAM, 32Go ROM, Android 9 DJI Fly 1.1.8 Litchi Beta 4.18.0
2020-10-2
Use props
redxeth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8173 ft
United States

floridapete Posted at 6-26 20:13
I'm using an 8" tablet from Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-8-Android-Tablet-16GB-Storage-2GB-RAM-1-3-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-LCD-Display/985413352

with an 8" cable from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CKW6RYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mavicpilots-20

Just received this tablet today from Walmart.com.   DJI Fly app doesn't show up in the Play store.     It's literally the same tablet.  Did you have to side load the app ?
NEVERMIND:  Just figured out can go to the DJI Download Center and download the APK directly.   Happy again
2020-10-25
Use props
NorReb
lvl.2
United States

It is 11.22.2020 and I am going through posts to see also which tablet works the best for the DJI Fly app. I use to have the OLD Phantom and it started flying away. I put it away and it ended up getting stolen when our office was broken into. I've registered with the US Drone government people and stayed current, but I've been waiting for a drone that didn't need to be registered. I have been thinking about the Mavic Mini for a long time, and was thinking of buying it even though the camera was 2.7K. I was looking at other brands, but they were over the 250gram requirement. Then came the DJI Mini 2. I bought the drone with the Fly More package from Amazon so I received it the next day and downloaded the Fly app to my Galaxy Note10+. I also started looking for the app on my Galaxy Tab A, but didn't see it in Google Play. I went on my desktop and it showed it wasn't compatible with the Tab A.
I started looking at different forums and I found everyone talking about the Galaxy S6 10.5 tablet. On DJI's list there are ONLY 2 tablets that are confirmed or suggested. They have MANY Apple tablets, but only 2 Android tablets. I have been Android/Samsung for a long time and was glad at least to see the S6 10.5. Through the forums I saw the S6 Lite also worked.
I found a used (supposed to be in MINT condition) 256Gb/8Gb  Galaxy S6 10.1 on eBay and I hope it will be here next week, maybe the week after Thanksgiving.
BUT for all the posts about the 2019 edition Galaxy Tab A 10.1 it does NOT work with the DJI Fly app.
2020-11-22
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

I have been using an iPad 6th gen and sometimes an iPad mini 4.
Also using this accessory:

2020-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

NorReb Posted at 11-22 13:31
It is 11.22.2020 and I am going through posts to see also which tablet works the best for the DJI Fly app. I use to have the OLD Phantom and it started flying away. I put it away and it ended up getting stolen when our office was broken into. I've registered with the US Drone government people and stayed current, but I've been waiting for a drone that didn't need to be registered. I have been thinking about the Mavic Mini for a long time, and was thinking of buying it even though the camera was 2.7K. I was looking at other brands, but they were over the 250gram requirement. Then came the DJI Mini 2. I bought the drone with the Fly More package from Amazon so I received it the next day and downloaded the Fly app to my Galaxy Note10+. I also started looking for the app on my Galaxy Tab A, but didn't see it in Google Play. I went on my desktop and it showed it wasn't compatible with the Tab A.
I started looking at different forums and I found everyone talking about the Galaxy S6 10.5 tablet. On DJI's list there are ONLY 2 tablets that are confirmed or suggested. They have MANY Apple tablets, but only 2 Android tablets. I have been Android/Samsung for a long time and was glad at least to see the S6 10.5. Through the forums I saw the S6 Lite also worked.
I found a used (supposed to be in MINT condition) 256Gb/8Gb  Galaxy S6 10.1 on eBay and I hope it will be here next week, maybe the week after Thanksgiving.

You made a great choice.  I use the S6 when flying both my MM and MA2.  Don't forget to get a longer cable and tablet holder.
2020-11-23
Use props
NorReb
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-23 07:26
You made a great choice.  I use the S6 when flying both my MM and MA2.  Don't forget to get a longer cable and tablet holder.

Hopefully I will get the S6 tablet tomorrow ̣Wednesday 11.25.2020) and I also already ordered the tablet holder and longer (11 inch) cable. The cable shows it wraps around twice in the remote, the plugs are like the original plugs. On my Note10+ I have a thick case on it so the cable wouldn't work, the plug needed to be longer, so I have been using a 3 foot cable with straight plugs. hehe It is 3:30am so forgive me if this doesn't make sense hehe Thank you for your reply. When I had my Phantom it was WiFi so I could just use anything to view the camera, this one the occusync is awesome, but it only is connected to what is plugged in. The Note10+ is great, but I am looking forward to a bigger display.  
2020-11-24
Use props
Danger
lvl.1

United States

EricGrand Posted at 8-6 13:50
I'm using a Teclast P80 Pro 3/32. Cheap tablet from Aliexpress with GPS and HDMI out. Around 80€ shipped to France and working well so far.

Eric,

How are you getting your Teclast Tablet to work with DJI Fly App?
I have a Teclast P80X, 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Android 9 (Pie), Arm 64, Octa-Core, 256 micro SD Card.
I can't seem to get any video from the mavic mini camera to display on tablet.
I find it hard to believe its the 2GB RAM that's causing the issue.  Other Tablets that have 2GB RAM work just fine.  DJI fly app installs fine when downloading apk file.  All functions in app work great except for video from mavic mini camera.
Model    Teclast P80X
CPUUNISOC SC9863A Octa Core up to 1.6GHz
GPUIMG-8322/650 MHz
SystemAndroid 9.0
RAM2GB
Capacity       32GB
Screen8 inch 10-Point Multi-touch
Resolution1280*800
CameraFront is 0.3MP  Rear is 2.0MP
Microphone Built-in
SpeakerBuilt-in
WIFI802.11b/g/n/2.4GHz
bluetooth4.1
GPSSupport
G-sensorSupport
  4GSupport
4G FrequencyFDD-LTE:B1,B3
TD-LTE:B39,B40,B38,B41
WCDMA:B1
TD- SCDMA:B34,B39
GSM:B3,B8
Please click here to confirm your 4G Band Support before using.
OTGSupport
TF CardSupport (Maximum support 128G)
AudioMP3,WMA,APE,OGG,AAC
PictureJPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG,etc
VideoAVI,WMV,3GP,TS,TP,etc
LanguageMulti-language
I/O Port1 x Micro USB port
1 x 3.5mm Earphone port
1 x TF card slot
1 x Sim card slot
Battery4200mAh
Weight315g
Size208*124*9.8mm

Any help would be appreciated.
2020-11-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NorReb Posted at 11-24 03:36
Hopefully I will get the S6 tablet tomorrow ̣Wednesday 11.25.2020) and I also already ordered the tablet holder and longer (11 inch) cable. The cable shows it wraps around twice in the remote, the plugs are like the original plugs. On my Note10+ I have a thick case on it so the cable wouldn't work, the plug needed to be longer, so I have been using a 3 foot cable with straight plugs. hehe It is 3:30am so forgive me if this doesn't make sense hehe Thank you for your reply. When I had my Phantom it was WiFi so I could just use anything to view the camera, this one the occusync is awesome, but it only is connected to what is plugged in. The Note10+ is great, but I am looking forward to a bigger display.

Trust me, you're going to love the S6.
2020-11-24
Use props
NorReb
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-24 09:09
Trust me, you're going to love the S6.

I got my tablet last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and my holder was supposed to be delivered from Amazon, BUT it didn't make it. I barely got it yesterday. I laid the tablet down on a table and just sat at the bench on Friday and Saturday and that was OK....... I flew a little in the warehouse at work yesterday with the tablet holder, BIG difference!! The tablet over the phone, make things a LOT better!!
I kind of with for the collision avoidance, but I am more for the no registration. I did register with the Drone Feds I think it was 5 years ago when I had my Phantom, but the new regs with the Identifier is going a little over the top I think. The 4K on the Mini 2 is great!! The tablet is great!!!
2020-12-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

NorReb Posted at 12-1 15:36
I got my tablet last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and my holder was supposed to be delivered from Amazon, BUT it didn't make it. I barely got it yesterday. I laid the tablet down on a table and just sat at the bench on Friday and Saturday and that was OK....... I flew a little in the warehouse at work yesterday with the tablet holder, BIG difference!! The tablet over the phone, make things a LOT better!!
I kind of with for the collision avoidance, but I am more for the no registration. I did register with the Drone Feds I think it was 5 years ago when I had my Phantom, but the new regs with the Identifier is going a little over the top I think. The 4K on the Mini 2 is great!! The tablet is great!!!

"but the new regs with the Identifier is going a little over the top I think."

Really? It took me 5 minutes and just $5 to register myself online and another 5 minutes to find a little sharpie and mark all my drones. I use the same # for all drones. How is that over the top?

2020-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NorReb Posted at 12-1 15:36
I got my tablet last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and my holder was supposed to be delivered from Amazon, BUT it didn't make it. I barely got it yesterday. I laid the tablet down on a table and just sat at the bench on Friday and Saturday and that was OK....... I flew a little in the warehouse at work yesterday with the tablet holder, BIG difference!! The tablet over the phone, make things a LOT better!!
I kind of with for the collision avoidance, but I am more for the no registration. I did register with the Drone Feds I think it was 5 years ago when I had my Phantom, but the new regs with the Identifier is going a little over the top I think. The 4K on the Mini 2 is great!! The tablet is great!!!

2020-12-2
Use props
Digital303s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56647 ft
United States

I use the iPad gen 6th with no problems
2020-12-2
Use props
NorReb
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-1 18:45
"but the new regs with the Identifier is going a little over the top I think."

yes sir, I have been registered since 2016 and I renewed and I am good until 2023. I thought about the Mavic Air or one of the other drones, but started reading about the Remote Identifiers they were going to require. I started rethinking about the weight of the drone. With the Mini 2 I don't need to worry about the Remote ID. I still put my registration number on my Mini 2, but it really isn't necessary. I don't write it on, I wrote in on a little piece of paper and taped it on. I might end up ordering a little decal from eBay with my registration number and phone number on it. I know all the rules still apply, but I am not too crazy about the remote ID. Yes, the registration process is simple, log into my FAA page and click the register and pay, then you are done.
I live in a marina in LA/Long Beach area, now I find out in Long Beach Harbor Area you have to get permission each time you take off. I go to the Los Angeles side of the harbor, I haven't read the regulations there. I kind of hope because it is basically right outside where I reside I can get by with flying it there. Regulations are changing all the time, it is a lot different from when I was flying my Phantom.
Take care, happy flying and be safe.here is a link about the Remote ID.
https://fpvfc.org/remote-id-nprm-faq
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_QoVaG2elQowz
New

United States

Hey all - Thank you all for the the fantastic info. I'm using a Mini 2, so hoping to get a decent Tab that works with DJI Fly....also.....big ask....does anyone know of a tab that supports DJI Fly AND has an HDMI out port?
TIA
2020-12-10
Use props
NorReb
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_QoVaG2elQowz Posted at 12-10 16:15
Hey all - Thank you all for the the fantastic info. I'm using a Mini 2, so hoping to get a decent Tab that works with DJI Fly....also.....big ask....does anyone know of a tab that supports DJI Fly AND has an HDMI out port?
TIA

I just bought the Galaxy Tab S6, the Tab S6 Lite also works they say. I tried the Tab A and it didn't work. The Samsung phones seem to work, I have the Note10+ and it worked. BUT the Tab S6 works really well. I ordered the tablet holder from Amazon and it fits good enough. Order the 11 inch cable to replace the one that comes with the remote control. There are Apple tablets that work, but I am an Android fan. I just noticed you asking about an HDMI port, the Tab S6 has HDMI through the C Type USB port. I just looked and Amazon has both the USB C to HDMI cable and also the C/HDMI adapter.
2020-12-11
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

BobWinNV Posted at 2-17 18:04
List of comparable iOS devices as submitted by DJI iOS software developers.

[view_image]

Hi How old is this list, I'm curios about the latest release from Apple , iPhone 12 and the new iPad's such as iPad Air 4 generation.

Thanks
2020-12-11
Use props
djiuser_kuvaEQvpV3Mf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26565 ft
Mexico

Will the Huawei MatePad T work with the DJI FLY app for the Mavic Mini?
2020-12-23
Use props
klaatu barada
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CamelToeInspecr Posted at 8-21 15:59
is the  Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" still working for your MM?

it's working for mine
2020-12-24
Use props
jayoverhol
New

United States

Nunook Posted at 2019-12-19 06:34
I purchase a Dragon K10 due to needing a HDMI output to live stream for work. I was disappointed to find it would not load the app “not compatible “. In messing with the tablet I put it in developer mode and turned on USB bedbug and it appears to work fine so far. I did have to download the app from dji site due to not appearing in the app store

I bought the Dragon Touch Max10 and I cannot get the video to display when using DJI Fly app. Were you having that problem as well? I'm wondering if what you did will work for mine. Not sure how to do it though.
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_0lZgWviKnUFY
New

Romania

Just returned my Samsung tab A7 and got the Huawei t5, runs ok. The Samsung was loading the DJI Fly app but could not see the movies. it has an obsolete MP4 decoder H264 instead of H265.  The Huawei T5 could not find the app on the store but manually installing worked very good.
2021-1-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules