USB A port on the controller not working?
480 3 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Kiwi Flyer
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi,

I am using android and therefore my phone detects the RC as a power bank, and sucks it dry in about 45 mins.

I have found 2 solutions to this:
1: Plug in a power bank in the micro USB port and then plug your phone in the USB A port a the bottom of the controller.
2: Cut the negative wire in the cable therefore no power is drawn from the controller.

Neither of these solutions have worked. The cable one was a streatch.
But the power bank one should have worked, for some reason my phone isn't finding the RC when using the USB A connector...

How do I active this port? I have tried multiple un tampered wires and nothing works.

Please help

Thanks

2019-11-22
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i believe you need to have the side micro port unplugged and only use the bottom full size usb
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Kiwi Flyer
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have done that test too and it does nothing. Also how do the people on YT have both their power banks plugged in and their phones? If you can only use one port.
2019-11-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Are you sure that your cables are Power/Data or are they only Power?  The ones that are using the power pack to charge there is no Data being transmitted from the power pack.  The cable from the RC to the phone needs to be data also.  
2019-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules