remote controller constant beep
1234Next >
28140 139 2019-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

To all with this problem, how long did you have the drone before this problem occurred?
Do they send you pre-paid return shipping label if purchased from DJI direct?

Thanks

2019-11-28
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24524 ft
France

lifeisfun Posted at 11-28 01:44
To all with this problem, how long did you have the drone before this problem occurred?
Do they send you pre-paid return shipping label if purchased from DJI direct?

I just figured, the dial button does not work at all on mine, so that explains why the RC beeps constantly.

This really is a defect, now I have to convince DJI Support :/

As to how long it worked before the defect, well, mine has *never* worked, the beeping started as soon as I turned on the RC immediately after unboxing the device

But it took me a while to figure the problem, I am seriously gutted. I think this will be the last time I purchase anything from DJI.
2019-11-28
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

o4dn Posted at 11-28 01:51
I just figured, the dial button does not work at all on mine, so that explains why the RC beeps constantly.

This really is a defect, now I have to convince DJI Support :/

I can only imagine your frustration
On the other hand defects do happen so hopefully you will be happy with the replacement
Good luck!
2019-11-28
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1126345 ft
Italy

lifeisfun Posted at 11-28 01:54
I can only imagine your frustration
On the other hand defects do happen so hopefully you will be happy with the replacement
Good luck!

I am also very frustrated, I was able to use the mavic mini only once and suddenly the beep appeared, I just hope they can fix this bug
2019-11-28
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111247 ft
United Kingdom

Please don’t laugh guys:
Wife went back to Argos this morning to hand back defective Mini and hat a replacement.
Bless her, she asked for a refund
2019-11-28
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

graham davie Posted at 11-28 07:02
Please don’t laugh guys:
Wife went back to Argos this morning to hand back defective Mini and hat a replacement.
Bless her, she asked for a refund

Same here, I returned mine and took a new one straight from the retailer.

The new one seems to work as expected, the dial button works and successfully controls the gimbal now, while the RC remains silent for a change!

That's a relief!
2019-11-28
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi 04dn, glad to hear you are up flying.
This forum only seems to show half my writing.
It’s done it again, I tried to reorder a Mini, only to find that Argos do not have any in stock in Devon
2019-11-28
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

graham davie Posted at 11-28 07:27
Hi 04dn, glad to hear you are up flying.
This forum only seems to show half my writing.
It’s done it again, I tried to reorder a Mini, only to find that Argos do not have any in stock in Devon

Well, look at this this way: That gives you a chance to  get  a more recent one and maybe DJI will have ironed out their manufacturing and QA process by then so it  will be a better one!

(the reason I  say this is because I reckon those issues should have been caught by QA and the devices should not have shipped with such obvious defects!)
2019-11-28
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Let’s hope your right mate.

Cheers graham.
2019-11-28
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39649 ft
Singapore

Tried to refresh the remote and drone both using dji assistant 2 but problem remains. What he got me to test for after i notice was that he thinks that my remote controller was beeping cause it was trying to connect to the drone. Which is wrong cause the beeping pattern is different. Hopefully there is a favourable reply from them. It's quite frustrating.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_ftBLjs75hgv3
New
Australia

I also have exactly the same issue with my mavic mini.  DJI seems to be clueless about this but it is effecting numerous customers.  I'm taking mine back next week for a refund.  I would not recommend buying one until this issue is addressed!
2019-11-30
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Singapore

U are bringing it straight down to the service center ? I tried to email them to see how i can get the exchange id so i can exchange with my authorise dealer. Is it better to go to the service center straight ?
2019-11-30
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I had two combos, both had this beep issue. The first was 0% on all directions for the 2 sticks and the dial worked, beep happened once but silenced itself after two restarts. The second combo had the right stick rest at 1-2% down, I did many calibrations and eventually it stopped beeping. I hope it remains that way. The sticks are good during flight, there was no weird offset that make the drone moves on its own.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_e9AutddNSI1B
lvl.1

Finland

I had this beeping problem but i solved it by adding little pressure to the stick that shows offset when calibrating.

First turn the stick that is not centered properly to every direction so it gives you 100%. Then if it shows for example 2% down add a littlebit pressure to opposite direction (up) while calibrating the dial and the other stick. Main thing is that there is a bit pressure to the opposite direction of the stick when calibration is shows finished.

No problem since i did this.
2019-12-1
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Singapore

I compared my mavic mini to my friend's spark. It seems to be drifting quite a bit. Not too sure is it due to this calibration issue as well. I think the fact that u need to add pressure to rectify this it is very dangerous. What if the next time you face this issue again and u are out of warranty.
2019-12-2
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4534 ft

United States

Same issue. Right stick is 2% left and 1% back. On two Mavic Mini's now. Both have the same issue.. Just going to return both back to Amazon for now and wait to see if this issue is resolved and then hopefully purchase it again.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_fkv3HkX6wkRE
New
Australia

so still no any solution from DJI? I jsut bought one mini and i got this issue with beeping. Gonna return it. Was purchased in JBHIFI in Australia.
2019-12-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_fkv3HkX6wkRE Posted at 12-3 01:18
so still no any solution from DJI? I jsut bought one mini and i got this issue with beeping. Gonna return it. Was purchased in JBHIFI in Australia.

I have my mini 15 days I never calibrated I never had problem
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_fkv3HkX6wkRE
New
Australia

Niknik Posted at 12-3 01:33
I have my mini 15 days I never calibrated I never had problem

i guess it was better to not touch calibratin at all, gonna return that one and get another one.
2019-12-3
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Niknik, are you saying that you never calibrated the RC at all ?

Graham.
2019-12-3
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1126345 ft
Italy

Thinking about it my trouble with the non-calibrated controller started when I tried to calibrate it for the first time, which I probably shouldn't have done, in fact without even flying the drone from that time it started to beep
2019-12-3
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all, is calibrating the RC unit not recommended as part of the initial set up suggestions?

From memory I’m sure I had to do so, prompted by the Fly app.

Graham.
2019-12-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

graham davie Posted at 12-3 05:11
Hi Niknik, are you saying that you never calibrated the RC at all ?

Graham.

Yes ne er and it works perfect
2019-12-3
Use props
SkilledInside
New
Australia

got new mini, will not touch calibration and see how it will work
2019-12-3
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1

United States

DJI needs to respond to this.
2019-12-3
Use props
SkilledInside
New
Australia

PierceM Posted at 12-3 19:12
DJI needs to respond to this.

Here is what i received from DJI

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

In regards to this problem, may you kindly follow the instructions as below to try to solve the problem.

1. Please check if the battery power of the remote controller is  low. If the battery power is in low status, the remote controller will beep to alarm. You can check the power of the remote control in DJI FLY app, or test by charging the remote controller (if the battery is low, the alarm will stop when charging)
2. Please try to calibrate the remote controller.
3. Please update the firmware of the remote controller.
tutorial video: Mavic Mini | How To Update The Firmware (starts from 1:41s).
4. If you have tried the above steps but the problem still persists, please provide the information as below to try to solve the problem.

* Product SN of the aircraft:
* SN of the remote controller:
* Full name / Company name:
* Address (Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping):
* Phone number:
* Proof of Purchase:
* DJI Care (Yes/No - serial number required):

NOTE
1. If you need us to create a case for you, please read and acknowledge DJI AFTER-SALES SERVICE POLICIES before submitting your repair claim.
2. Please reply to this email with your confirmation, and we will take further action based on your decision. Your cooperation is appreciated in advance.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for choosing DJI products.

Best Regards
Stella

DJI Customer Support
2019-12-3
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.3
Singapore

Looks like we found the problem to this. I also pressed on calibrate of rc and that problem never went away. Also my drone does not remain in position ever since then. Dji is asking me to get my dealer to replacement for me. Cause i bought it from shopee an online platform
2019-12-4
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

The new .300 fw update on 4 Dec seem to have fixed it. Every new aircraft  update seems to update the RC too.
2019-12-4
Use props
graham davie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all, my DJI fly app is telling me that a new “MAVIC mini firmware update” is available.
Anyone tried it and does it cure the problem?
Bigger concern for me now is that Argos don’t have any in stock in the area
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

o4dn Posted at 11-26 02:32
I promise I did not do anything special, it just started working for no apparent reason and  I was able to complete the calibration.

I tried again this morning and the calibration is still fine, no beep anymore. The dial operates the gimbal as it should now.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the beeping issue of the DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. Since the the issue still persists after doing a remote controller calibration. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Once the firmware refresh is done please restart both the remote controller and the drone to isolate the issue. In addition I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

2019-12-4
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-4 09:45
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the beeping issue of the DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. Since the the issue still persists after doing a remote controller calibration. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Once the firmware refresh is done please restart both the remote controller and the drone to isolate the issue. In addition I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI

Oh wow. And why did it take so long to post that simple trick? Really incredible! I have already sent in my Mavic. Here is really not at all concerned about the customers and their problem.
2019-12-4
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the beeping issue of the DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. Since the the issue still persists after doing a remote controller calibration. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Once the firmware refresh is done please restart both the remote controller and the drone to isolate the issue. In addition I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) for the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

And no thanks for "our understanding" needed, because there is no!!!
2019-12-4
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1

United States

The update worked for me. Everyone else all good?
2019-12-4
Use props
SkilledInside
New
Australia

PierceM Posted at 12-4 15:08
The update worked for me. Everyone else all good?

Did you update via DJI assistant or auto update?
2019-12-4
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1

United States

SkilledInside Posted at 12-4 16:16
Did you update via DJI assistant or auto update?

Through the DJI Fly App.
2019-12-5
Use props
Lieronet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 809948 ft
Slovakia

Hello , just confirming, after firmware update my right stick is back to normal. No beeping , no jumps (except my jumps of joy) happy not deal with returns
2019-12-5
Use props
MavicMiniWoes
New
Australia

I can confirm that this is a fault with the controller.  I took mine back, got a replacement and everything works perfect on the new one straight out of the box
2019-12-6
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1

United States

MavicMiniWoes Posted at 12-6 21:39
I can confirm that this is a fault with the controller.  I took mine back, got a replacement and everything works perfect on the new one straight out of the box

Not necessarily true. My controller was perfectly fine when I first got it out of the box, on both my first one and my replacement one. Once I calibrated them, they both wouldn't calibrate correctly. After the newest firmware update, my drone remote controller has been perfect. It was just a firmware issue.
2019-12-6
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

Hi DJI Paladin,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the same procedure DJI Support instructed me to do and that did not help at all.

For the record, my issue was slightly different from the majority of the posters here, as in my case the dial button did not work at all with the antennas unfolded, so I reckon this was a hardware issue on the RC itself. Nothing that a firmware update or calibration could help with I'm afraid.

Meanwhile, as some others also reported, I got the Mini replaced at the retailer and the new one seems to work just fine so far.

Cheers!
2019-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

o4dn Posted at 12-7 00:52
Hi DJI Paladin,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi. Thank you for the updates. I am sorry to know that the issue was not resolved by the provided troubleshooting steps that you've done and it's great to know that your are now enjoying the new DJI Mavic Mini that was replaced by the retail store. If you have any other concern and inquiries with your new DJI Mavic Mini. Please post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2019-12-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules