Battery warning keeps popping up
908 3 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Ok since the last batt FW my batteries have been giving me a warning that they need to be fully discharged below 5% and recharged, usually it takes 2 complete cycles before the warning goes away.  This has happened to all my 4 batteries and some more than once.  This is getting to be quite an inconvenience since I won't fly with one when it does this and then I have to spend a lot of time cycling my batteries.  Anyone found a solution to this?  My normal routine is to fly the battery till I get the 30% warning then fully charge till the next use which is usually only a day or two.  Never had this issue before the last update.
I have emailed DJI twice with the usual response "Crickets"
2015-6-11
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to know the answer to this as well. I would hate to go out on a shoot and then be one battery short because if this cycling stuff you have to do. I am guessing that you can still fly with this battery the first time you see it come up but I am to scared to do it. So then I go home, and fly the bird for until it cant fly anymore and the warning that says its landing comes up. That is at 10%. Then I just let it sit there an idle until it gets lower. I got one battery to 5% but I could not get this last one to do so. So I recharged it from about 8%. When I went to go and use it again, I got the same warning. Why are we even having to do this. I have never heard of a battery requiring this. I know there is an issue with the some batteries that go from some high percentage to single digest in a matter of seconds and this is supposed to be the fix but come one, what a pain in the ass.
2015-6-11
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

have you discharged to 0?
2015-6-11
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Couple of times made no difference still took 2 charges and then went away till later
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules