Serious Mavic Mini Problems - Did I get a dud?
3878 20 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QqnzZcww4hOm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30997 ft
Australia

I love my Mini - it's smaller than I thought it would be, very light, agile, everything that I could have wished for.

But I think I received a dud and am close to returning it.

Today I took it to a large park - very wide open space with a central lake. I managed to fly it over the lake, about 600 meters away to the other side. I then hit the "Return to Home" button on my phone, and using the video on my phone could see that the drone was landing! I tried to cancel the landing and increase altitude, but the drone went down and crashed into the grass (lucky not into the lake!). I saw the video on my phone just before it lost signal. I lost video & connection. My app & controller could not connect to the drone.

I had to use the "find my drone" functionality to locate exactly where it was (it's a very large park) and luckily only had to walk for about 10 minutes (around the lake) to get to it. It physically looked ok and I brushed off all the grass.

I started off with 100% battery in both the controller & drone. I hovered a little before taking flight and did my checks as well as ensured my RTH position was set properly. I don't know why it did this.

At the time it crashed, it was at 53% and had flown for 10'49".
My other concern is I often get the dreaded "Aircraft power insufficient. Fly with caution (Code: 30168)" error message. This happens often, even at full charge.

All video that I had recorded of this flight appears to be lost on the SDCard - although the flight log in my Profile is intact.

After checking the drone physically, before leaving the park I tried a quick flight test.

I took off, hovered for about 10 seconds to ensure everything was stable, increased altitude a bit, moved back and forth, then tried to fly straight over a large grassy area. The drone rapidly dove down and crashed into the grass at 1'43".

I have the video of this and can post it (what's the best way to post this?). Again, no physical damage is apparent. I packed up pretty disappointed and went home.

I think this drone has the potential to be amazing but so far am not impressed about my real world flights. All firmware is up to date, not sure what else I could be doing to improve things.

Any ideas? (I am happy to post logs - but need some help in getting them).
2019-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you hit Rth button on RC or use your device option of Rth ?
2019-11-24
Use props
QqnzZcww4hOm
lvl.1
Australia

I used the Return to home option in the app
2019-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

QqnzZcww4hOm Posted at 11-24 06:32
I used the Return to home option in the app

Land is pretty close to Rth and looks similar at least it does in all other dji apps, I’m not saying you done this but it’s something to watch out for, you could post your flight log .
2019-11-24
Use props
QqnzZcww4hOm
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-24 06:35
Land is pretty close to Rth and looks similar at least it does in all other dji apps, I’m not saying you done this but it’s something to watch out for, you could post your flight log .

I'm 100% certain I pressed the correct icon marked "Return to home".
However, I am happy to post the flight log as I'm sure it will help identify something.

I'm not sure how to post it - on my SD card I see fc_log.log but it's >500MB.

What file do I need to post / do I need to process it locally first?
2019-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just follow instructions on the link come back here and post.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day QqnzZcww4hOm. I am sorry to read what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the error message that you have received ( Aircraft Power Insignificant ). There are two situations that this might happened "Aircraft Power insignificant". First, is that flying with full power under the sport mode and encounter the headwind and the second one is that flying with full power with installed propeller guards. In addition, since there was a hard landing or a crash that happened before. If in case you feel that your DJI Mavic Mini is not performing or not working properly on your next flights. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2019-11-24
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 12:10
Hello and good day QqnzZcww4hOm. I am sorry to read what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the error message that you have received ( Aircraft Power Insignificant ). There are two situations that this might happened "Aircraft Power insignificant". First, is that flying with full power under the sport mode and encounter the headwind and the second one is that flying with full power with installed propeller guards. In addition, since there was a hard landing or a crash that happened before. If in case you feel that your DJI Mavic Mini is not performing or not working properly on your next flights. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Dear Mr. DJI Stephen, on your part and your company DJI, you always answer this problem and situation in the same way, from what I have seen with other users. Personally to me as TO MANY PILOTS of this aircraft, we are having that GREAT PROBLEM. I have experience in drone flights, I have my beloved Phantom 2 and 3, apart from this new mavic mini, and I can GUARANTEE you, which is a fault of you which DOES NOT WANT TO RECOGNIZE. I have flown without wind, without forcing motors, in standard and sports mode, at low altitude and high too, and the FAILURE PERSISTS, apart from the short distance you can reach, in Europe you say that up to 2 km, I DON'T BELIEVE IT, NOT EVEN YOU CAN OVER 300m IN OPEN FIELD.
Please, stop hiding and try to make people believe that it is a fault of the users and WORK TO CLEAN THE FIRMWARE AND THE DJI FLY SOFTWARE ASAP.
A greeting.
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JM.REYES Posted at 11-25 03:21
Dear Mr. DJI Stephen, on your part and your company DJI, you always answer this problem and situation in the same way, from what I have seen with other users. Personally to me as TO MANY PILOTS of this aircraft, we are having that GREAT PROBLEM. I have experience in drone flights, I have my beloved Phantom 2 and 3, apart from this new mavic mini, and I can GUARANTEE you, which is a fault of you which DOES NOT WANT TO RECOGNIZE. I have flown without wind, without forcing motors, in standard and sports mode, at low altitude and high too, and the FAILURE PERSISTS, apart from the short distance you can reach, in Europe you say that up to 2 km, I DON'T BELIEVE IT, NOT EVEN YOU CAN OVER 300m IN OPEN FIELD.
Please, stop hiding and try to make people believe that it is a fault of the users and WORK TO CLEAN THE FIRMWARE AND THE DJI FLY SOFTWARE ASAP.
A greeting.

Hello and good day JM.REYES. Thank you for sharing these information and you insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that this matter will be check thoroughly and rest assured that this information will be cascaded as well to the designated DJI department. Again thank you for your support.
2019-11-26
Use props
fans0b156832
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34839 ft
Portugal

Hi this same beahviour happened today with my mini!!

At 20m high , not more than 40m away just started descend with no sat connections and red blicking led with app saying some sort of 300xx problem!! I did nothing whatsoever in ctlr ...
Lost a mavic 2 year ago over sea, and DJI never understood what was the issue...suspect firmware problem... my problem.my cost!!!

This mini issue seems once more a DJI problem so GUYS PLEASE GIVE A QUICK SOLUTION.  

2019-12-24
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Please provide us your flight logs!
2019-12-24
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

JM.REYES Posted at 11-25 03:21
Dear Mr. DJI Stephen, on your part and your company DJI, you always answer this problem and situation in the same way, from what I have seen with other users. Personally to me as TO MANY PILOTS of this aircraft, we are having that GREAT PROBLEM. I have experience in drone flights, I have my beloved Phantom 2 and 3, apart from this new mavic mini, and I can GUARANTEE you, which is a fault of you which DOES NOT WANT TO RECOGNIZE. I have flown without wind, without forcing motors, in standard and sports mode, at low altitude and high too, and the FAILURE PERSISTS, apart from the short distance you can reach, in Europe you say that up to 2 km, I DON'T BELIEVE IT, NOT EVEN YOU CAN OVER 300m IN OPEN FIELD.
A greeting.

i got 2560m in open field, so you are wrong with this affirmation
2019-12-25
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

I have noticed my DJI says 'locating home point' (or something like that) when I take off, but when I select RTH, the drone just lands wherever it is. I thought this was because I was flying with only drone and controller (no phone or DJI Fly app), but I noticed the same thing yesterday when flying with a phone. I'll try to test this again tomorrow...
2019-12-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

69th Drone Detachment Posted at 12-25 17:44
I have noticed my DJI says 'locating home point' (or something like that) when I take off, but when I select RTH, the drone just lands wherever it is. I thought this was because I was flying with only drone and controller (no phone or DJI Fly app), but I noticed the same thing yesterday when flying with a phone. I'll try to test this again tomorrow...

but when I select RTH, the drone just lands wherever it is
You need to read about RTH in the manual and you'll find out what you are doing wrong.
There's a lot to RTH and it's quite important to understand.
Your RTH is working just as it is programmed to.
2019-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

69th Drone Detachment Posted at 12-25 17:44
I have noticed my DJI says 'locating home point' (or something like that) when I take off, but when I select RTH, the drone just lands wherever it is. I thought this was because I was flying with only drone and controller (no phone or DJI Fly app), but I noticed the same thing yesterday when flying with a phone. I'll try to test this again tomorrow...

It’s more than likely your within 20m of homepoint and as Labroid told you just read the manual and you will get the information.
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-26 06:39
It’s more than likely your within 20m of homepoint and as Labroid told you just read the manual and you will get the information.

Shouldn't we be helping the original poster with their problem.

I've seen the autoland issue mentioned a few times when RTH is initiated, others have said to hit RTH again to stop the autoland.

The other thing is to check your RTH height before taking off, make sure it's set correctly for the location.

2019-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-27 01:41
Shouldn't we be helping the original poster with their problem

Yes we should, but if we can encourage him to read the manual the we will have helped him much more than trying to put a sticking plaster over his wound.

if you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour. If you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn.
2019-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

QqnzZcww4hOm Posted at 11-24 06:42
I'm 100% certain I pressed the correct icon marked "Return to home".
However, I am happy to post the flight log as I'm sure it will help identify something.

What was your altitude when you triggered RTH ?

What was your RTH height set at

Did you have the home point set to your location before takeoff ?

RTH is programmed to land from where it is,  when it's within 20m of the home point
2019-12-27
Use props
fans0b156832
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34839 ft
Portugal

MikeCH Posted at 12-24 12:18
Please provide us your flight logs!

Hello here are my logs from last mentionned flight.

Waiting for your feedback

Jorge
2019-12-27
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

What is here ? Its just me not seeing an Link ?
2019-12-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I flew yesterday over 1200m, no probs whatsoever. But I must admit, when I got it first, i made a few boo boos !!
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules